The Kid

Doctor Who, Torchwood, Sarah Jane Adventures...

Honestly it's tough to say whether he'll pulled it off because like everyone's said Chibnall's got some big shoes to fill and doesn't help that Moffat has been the head writer for over 5-6 years now. All's hoping that Peter Capaldi stays as the Doctor once the change has been made for one more season. I really hope it isn't a case of new writer and then a new doctor comes and replaces him.

Honestly it's tough to say whether he'll pulled it off because like everyone's said Chibnall's got some big shoes to fill and doesn't help that Moffat has been the head writer for over 5-6 years now. All's hoping that Peter Capaldi stays as the Doctor once the change has been made for one more season. I really hope it isn't a case of new writer and then a new doctor comes and replaces him.

The first episode of Who Shot Simon Cowell? on Saturday Night Takeaway was extremely well-written. Could be a good sign or may just be in line with how hit and miss Chris Chibnall usually tends to be.

I really hope Capaldi stays a few more seasons he is so brilliant as the Doctor.

Yeah I hope he will stay for another year after Moffat's gone. He's great as the doctor but I just wish we wouldn't people just hating him just because he's not a young and trendy Doctor like the past two were. No offence to David and Matt.

Well apparently he's staying on for those who like him.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/peter-capaldi-has-been-asked-to-stay-with-doctor-who-af-1763295399

Seems weird though because they want to bring Mr. Chibnall in for a "fresh start". May be a little hard w/ old doctor. On the subject, is anyway happy about Mr. Chibnall? I found his episodes rather unenjoyable, but to those who like him, awesome!

First off that is amazing news if capaldi accepts, love the man to death. Chris Chibnall is an okay writer. 42 and Dinosaurs on a Spaceship I thought were both fantastic, The Silurian two parter was good but I disliked the power of three. I can barely remember Torchwood but I realized he wrote the stories I do remember enjoying a lot when I googled him. So will he be as good as Moffat, probably not because as much as people will criticize him Moffat was a fantastic writer. However I think Chibnall was a logical choice to keep the show going steadfast because as a writer he is pretty steady when it comes to quality. I guess i'm saying I think the people at BBC don't think he's a big risk which is why they chose him.

Edited by Forresto

The new companion is going to be announced tomorrow during half time of the Everton football game!

Apparently the Doctor is going to be in the premiere of the new spin off series involving the kids from the school Clara taught at.

Dr. who? (I'm sorry... I feel the need to be just a bit silly right now. :laugh:)

making fun of the longest running sci fi show ever, not a good plan, in fact, to do it, you'd have to be mr thick thick thickedy thick thick thick from thicktown, thickania, and so's your dad!

Please don't take offence, it was a reference

Columbus

making fun of the longest running sci fi show ever, not a good plan, in fact, to do it, you'd have to be mr thick thick thickedy thick thick thick from thicktown, thickania, and so's your dad!

Please don't take offence, it was a reference

Columbus

None taken my fellow brickster... And none intended to all those Dr. Who fans we have here on Eurobricks. Question! If I'm that thick... Ahh... Am I thick as a brick? And possibly a... chip off the ol' brick? :wink:

I'll just leave this here:

(Note I put this here when "Captain Jack needs to be back on Dr. Who" was its own separate topic for some reason. Since I don't know anything about the series, I decided that this is the Captain Jack people were talking about!)

Edited by xboxtravis7992

Maybe he comes to the school to break the news of Clara's Death.

He can't. He doesn't remember Clara.

I'm guessing either she has been missing for a long period of time and presumed dead, Rigsy informed the school of her passing or Clara pops in now and then to teach whilst Ashildr/Me stays in the American Diner TARDIS.

We need Captain Jack back in Doctor Who this Christmas!

We don't need a separate topic for this. Merged.

He can't. He doesn't remember Clara.

I'm guessing either she has been missing for a long period of time and presumed dead, Rigsy informed the school of her passing or Clara pops in now and then to teach whilst Ashildr/Me stays in the American Diner TARDIS.

I assumed he remembers who Clara was after he saw her face on his TARDIS at the end of Hell bent.

I assumed he remembers who Clara was after he saw her face on his TARDIS at the end of Hell bent.

Nope, that was graffiti that Rigsy spray-painted onto the TARDIS in a post-credits scene for Face The Raven.

Nope, that was graffiti that Rigsy spray-painted onto the TARDIS in a post-credits scene for Face The Raven.

No I know that, but it was still Clara's face

Which evaporated into little pieces when the TARDIS dematerialised - symbolism to show he no longer remembers her.

That makes no sense.

I'm not saying the picture didn't evaporate. I'm saying it evaporated after the Doctor saw it. It's not like he forgets Clara everytime, the neuro blocker was a one time thing.

That makes no sense.

I'm not saying the picture didn't evaporate. I'm saying it evaporated after the Doctor saw it. It's not like he forgets Clara everytime, the neuro blocker was a one time thing.

The neuro blocker erased all memory of Clara. He can only remember her name, not who she is, what she looked like, her voice etc...

If you watch the scene in this video, yes he looks at Clara's graffitied picture but it's not a look of recognition it is a look of confusion:

'Why is that random woman from the diner spray-painted on my TARDIS?', not 'Oh, I remember Clara now'.