The Kid

Doctor Who, Torchwood, Sarah Jane Adventures...

Evalina also said "the medusa cascade" which the Master also mentioned last series, according to Russel T. Davies that will come back to haunt us. :look: And whenever we've heard it we've also heard of plantes disappearing. And both the Adipose and Pyrovile home planets disappeared. See what I'm getting at.

Hmm, not like me to have missed that. Might have to go and find the Master saying it. I assumed the planets were casualties of the Time War, but perhaps not...

I suppose it's better than that rather strange thing you've got with Babs Gordon. :grin:

Oh, not you as well... :wink:

like the auton planet was in rose

Nestene planet. Tjhe Autons are technically only synthetic life, so it's be the Nestene planet, which accordinbg to one of the spin-off media is *checks* Polymos.

Just finished watching "Planet of the Ood" thoroughly enjoyed it.

I was expecting them to have disappeared during the timewar, like the auton planet was in rose, there was a throw away comment about bee's disappearing as well in Partners in crime.
If I remember correctly bees are actually disappearing, as in real life. Heres one article which mentions it: Where are all the bees going?

I'm beginning to think I might have been wrong about my initial assumptions that nothing will come of this. Perhaps they'll develop this in the future. Or perhaps it'll just be a daft little thing that gets mentioned from time to time. A bit like the way "Allons-y" gets mentioned repeatedly. Who knows?

Edited by Plural

Just finished watching "Planet of the Ood" thoroughly enjoyed it.

I thought it was good as well. Much better than I initially thought it would be from the story brief.

The Sense-sphere (from The Sensorites) reference was nice, and what was that "Your song is coming to an end" line all about? Hmm...

I'm beginning to think I might have been wrong about my initial assumptions that nothing will come of this. Perhaps they'll develop this in the future. Or perhaps it'll just be a daft little thing that gets mentioned from time to time. A bit like the way "Allons-y" gets mentioned repeatedly. Who knows?

Well, with two uses, it's got to be something.

i just watched planet of the ood as well which i thought was very good ( i guess the giant brain bit once since the proper ood bit) next episode martha returns! and an old enemy returns aswell i think ( some commander guy i never watched the oldies)

im going to make a clue list:

appearance of rose

donna put keys in same bin that doctor put sonic pen

soothsayer said girl of london (rose) would return

bees are disappearing

ood said doctors song will end soon

next episode martha returns! and an old enemy returns aswell i think ( some commander guy i never watched the oldies)

And not just Martha, but UNIT and the Sontarans as well.

Yes I know UNIT have been seen and mentioned in the new series before now, but this is our first proper Doctor/UNIT vs aliens story. Notice how UNIT are still using the same land rovers they were using back in the 70s. :laugh:

The Sontarans are a warrior race, who breed through cloning, Pencoin. They've only actually appeared in four stories before (this being their fifth. Or sixth depending on how you count the new two-part episodes). The "commander guy" you refer to is "General Staal of the tenth Sontaran battlefleet", who hasn't been in the series before, but he's the lastest in-story Sontaran commander.

I thought it was good as well. Much better than I initially thought it would be from the story brief.

I... I uh... fell asleep around the time that all hell began breaking loose. I didn't even go back to watch the rest. :tongue:

Maybe it gets a little more exciting and less predictable in the last minutes? :blush:

The Sense-sphere (from The Sensorites) reference was nice, and what was that "Your song is coming to an end" line all about? Hmm...

Well, with two uses, it's got to be something.

Well, Tennant offs it ...damn, I forget if it was the end of this season ...no, wait ...yeah, he's slated to kick the bucket at the end of the mini-movied 5th "season". For them to be dropping hints about it now is kind of silly though... you're talking a good year or more off.

Man, they're cutting through Doctors quickly these days. Before you know it, it'll be the end and they'll probably:

--have him pass his Timelordiness onto a human.

--have a Doctor from another reality bop in.

--have some power from some vanquished enemy or ethereal friend "reset" his regenerations.

--human betrayal, a clone of him with all their regenerations intact gaining their freedom by his help or sacrifice.

Of course, there's probably other ways to do it, but those would be the most cliche' ones.

However they do it might suck though. The thing I LOVE about Japanese and British tv shows is that they often have endings, whereas US shit just goes on and on and on until the creative vision from newbie writers collide and sink the original attributes of what made the shows popular in the first place.

Knowing that the Doctor would EVENTUALLY die for real was a cool idea.

I know it's a scifi show, but they really will need to outdo themselves if they want to go beyond his last regeneration, or wind up losing the mysterious credibility of the character.

I completely agree with you JINZO. Prison Break is a prime example. I enjoyed the first series of Prison Break where they actually broke out. Then at the end of series 2 I was like "Oh, he's been put in another prison. How original."

When the Doctor reaches his 13th regenaration, I kinda hope it ends. It won't be for at least 5 years (my guess anyway) but if they pull some crazy way to keep him going longer, I'm pretty sure the stories will get (more) repetive.

They will do it though. Dr Who is too much of a money making programme for the BBC. Apart from Tellytubbies, I can't think of any other BBC show that has it's own toy line out.

I... I uh... fell asleep around the time that all hell began breaking loose. I didn't even go back to watch the rest. :tongue:

Shame on you!

Well, Tennant offs it ...damn, I forget if it was the end of this season ...no, wait ...yeah, he's slated to kick the bucket at the end of the mini-movied 5th "season". For them to be dropping hints about it now is kind of silly though... you're talking a good year or more off.

That's what I figured it would mean.

Man, they're cutting through Doctors quickly these days. Before you know it, it'll be the end

Not that true actually. I know we only get one series a year, but Tennant has done three years just like Hartman, Troughton and Davison.

Man, they're cutting through Doctors quickly these days. Before you know it, it'll be the end and they'll probably:

--have him pass his Timelordiness onto a human.

--have a Doctor from another reality bop in.

--have some power from some vanquished enemy or ethereal friend "reset" his regenerations.

--human betrayal, a clone of him with all their regenerations intact gaining their freedom by his help or sacrifice.

Of course, there's probably other ways to do it, but those would be the most cliche' ones.

It has been implied that Time Lords can have a new set of regenerations bestowed upon them by artificial means, and it looks as though Time Lord regenerations can be taken from the Time Lord to somewhere/someone else.

It won't be for at least 5 years (my guess anyway) but if they pull some crazy way to keep him going longer, I'm pretty sure the stories will get (more) repetive.

It's been going for nearly 45 years. How can another 5 really make it repetitive if it isn't already?

It's been going for nearly 45 years. How can another 5 really make it repetitive if it isn't already?

Point taken. I retract my statement.

It has been implied that Time Lords can have a new set of regenerations bestowed upon them by artificial means, and it looks as though Time Lord regenerations can be taken from the Time Lord to somewhere/someone else.

Yeah, you had the Master "reborn" by the Timelords with all his regenerations, then you had the Master also trying to suck out all of the Doctor's remaining regenerations in that made-for-tv American movie...

Not that true actually. I know we only get one series a year, but Tennant has done three years just like Hartman, Troughton and Davison.

True, true... ...ew, Troughton and Davidson was only on ONE year? It seemed like alot more. Though that's more than likely due to the fact I used to have to watch the show on PBS, every episode cut up into half-hour chunks aired weekdays.

>__<

Hey... any of you HARDCORE fans know where a list is of EVERYTHING that's canon to the TV show?

I'm not talking comic books, as things such as that are usually so annoying I want to tear my skin off, but stuff like movies, episodes, audio books, webisodes, specials, extra clips within things like variety and talk shows, etc?

I ask because looking at just Torchwood... man... I get the episodes and the confidential counterparts, but then find audio books narrated by the actors... and I wonder if there's even MORE canon going on that I'll never hear.

So... The Sontaran Stratagem. It's really good to have a proper UNIT episode, We've not had one since Battlefield. Pity there's not Brigadier though...

And I notice the Medusa Cascade was mentioned again, or more specifically "the fifteenth broken moon of the Medusa Cascade". Is it a planetary system I wonder? The Sontarans weren't allowed in the Time War, probably because they'd have slaughtered everyone. And I liked the UNIT dating controversy in-joke- "sometime in the 70s. Or was it the 80s?" :laugh:

Yeah, you had the Master "reborn" by the Timelords with all his regenerations, then you had the Master also trying to suck out all of the Doctor's remaining regenerations in that made-for-tv American movie...

And in Trial of a Time Lord, the Valeyard seems to want to steal the Doctor's remaining regenerations (on his death, it should be noted).

Hey... any of you HARDCORE fans know where a list is of EVERYTHING that's canon to the TV show?

I'm not talking comic books, as things such as that are usually so annoying I want to tear my skin off, but stuff like movies, episodes, audio books, webisodes, specials, extra clips within things like variety and talk shows, etc?

Step up fan-boy #1 :wink:

I think it's generally considered that the TV series, The Sarah Jane Adventures, Torchwood, the DWM comics, the BBC books and the Big Finish audio stuff are canon. The Children In Need minis (Time Crash and the other one) are canon. The New Virgin Adventures and the TV Action comics are debateable. Dimensions in Time (Eastenders crossover for Children In Need) and The Curse of Fatal Death (comic relief spoof) are not.

But most non-TV media is up for at least some debate.

i didnt really like the latest episode, to predictiable. liked how it explained sutff that only people who watched the old ones would of know. one funny bit i liked though was when the american kid started doing the alien cheer at the end that made me laugh.

I enjoyed the episode. It wasn't an amazing episode but there were some nice touches. In fact I've mostly forgotten what those touches were. But they were definately there.

I'm also thinking the Medusa Cascade is some kind of planetary system. I believe the Master also said that the Doctor had "sealed the rift at the Medusa Cascade" which also suggests that its a system o' planets.

one funny bit i liked though was when the american kid started doing the alien cheer at the end that made me laugh.

Sontar-ha!

I'm also thinking the Medusa Cascade is some kind of planetary system. I believe the Master also said that the Doctor had "sealed the rift at the Medusa Cascade" which also suggests that its a system o' planets.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Well, a place at least. And it seems to be linked to some missing planets...

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Well, a place at least. And it seems to be linked to some missing planets...

Which begs the question, has Sontar disappeared as well hence the Sontarans invasion?

Which begs the question, has Sontar disappeared as well hence the Sontarans invasion?

Perhaps...

Actually, I wonder if the Medusa Cascade is something to do with the Last Great Time War? Because we were told that the Nestene Consciousness lost it's planet (Polymos) and of course Gallifrey and Skaro were lost. The Gelth lost their physical forms, and the Greater Animus perished. Perhaps Sontar is gone, and it was a way of stopping the Sontarans from participating in the Time War.

just finished watching the new episode very good

did any one else spot rose?

nd next episode looks VERY intresting

I saw Rose. Shouting "Doctor!". Although I don't think they should make it so obvious she was there - both times she has appeared the credits show "Rose Tyler - Billie Piper" as the third main character or so. They should make her harder to recognise (well, she was pretty hard to spot in this one i.e. blink and you'll miss it) - at least don't blurt it out in the credits.

Anyway, good episode. The explosion at the end was definitely the best SFX I've ever seen on Doctor Who. Oh, and I caught a glimpse of Confidential on BBC Three afterwards. The Sontarans were like that while filming - no special effects added to the actors afterwards (probably not a big thing, but I think it's pretty cool :tongue: )

TK

I saw Rose. Shouting "Doctor!".

Me too!

And did everyone notice the clever explanation as to why the Doctor didn't call the Brigadier out of retirement? Because he's stranded in Peru, that's why. Good old Brigadier.

Anywho, nice episode. It was a bit exciting at the end actually, I was getting quite jittery. Luckily, I was on my own.

Only the Sontarans and MAYBE Donna saw Rose pop up onscreen, yes?

It was on the Sontar's monitor, not viewable by the Doctor as far as I can tell.

Just watched the episode today and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Did anyone else notice when the Doctor was wearing the gas and he said "Are you my mummy?" That made me smile a bit.

The next episode looks interesting. I believe the "Doctor's daughter" is played by Georgia Moffat, who is acyually Peter Davidson's daughter. How's that for trivia?

Only the Sontarans and MAYBE Donna saw Rose pop up onscreen, yes?

I think so. Surely the Doctor would have reacted if he'd seen her.

Did anyone else notice when the Doctor was wearing the gas and he said "Are you my mummy?" That made me smile a bit.

Ah yes, I laughed a bit at that.

The next episode looks interesting. I believe the "Doctor's daughter" is played by Georgia Moffat, who is acyually Peter Davidson's daughter. How's that for trivia?

Indeed, that is true. Then David Troughton, son of Second Doctor Partrick, shows up in 4.10 Midnight.

And I forgot to mention, wasn't it good to see the Valiant show up again. That was a neat surprise. And watching The Claws of Axos today on DVD, I noticed tat I'd heard the 'Trap 1' and 'Greyhound' call-signs somewhere before...

is any else thinking that the doctors daughter may not be his daught in the traditinal sense i mean who would be the mother?

Well in the original series the Doctor had a Grandaughter named Susan and it was never explicitly explained how the Doctor managed to have a Grandaughter. So it's likely this will be Susan's mother. But who is the mother? That is a good question.

Well in the original series the Doctor had a Grandaughter named Susan and it was never explicitly explained how the Doctor managed to have a Grandaughter. So it's likely this will be Susan's mother. But who is the mother? That is a good question.

right, i wouldnt know that as i didnt watch the oldies

didnt in one episode say he was a dad once?