The Kid

Doctor Who, Torchwood, Sarah Jane Adventures...

Wow, according to the Doctor Who official site, Matt Smith is gonna leave the show after the next Christlmas Special. That makes me kinda sad, I really went into the show thanks to him, when I discovered the series 5. Source.

Interesting. Well, I knew that he'd have to go eventually but is a Christmas Special really the best time to do it? I'm not so sure. I'd much rather see him go at the end of a two parter, or perhaps even the 50th anniversary special. Ah well, I'm looking forward to seeing who gets to play the next Doctor, anyway. Thanks for posting!

Edited by Rocketbilly

I'm wondering if the "new" old Doctor will then be the "new" Doctor.

Nope, Moffatt hinted on twitter saying there's a person out there right now who has no idea he'll be the Doctor.

Nope, Moffatt hinted on twitter saying there's a person out there right now who has no idea he'll be the Doctor.

Moffatt might be lying :P.

Anyways I hope it's someone that's... different. The personalities of X and XI are a bit similar. Obviously different but still similar kind of like the overly sassy female companions lately :P.

Could John Hurt be the permanent Doctor Who for series 9 and onwards, and the programme could take a very dark turn?

Yeah now 7 months of every actor in the British Isles been mentioned on the news as a replacement :sceptic:.

While it is possible for the Hurt Doctor to take Series 8, and it be his adventures in the Time War, I find that very improbable. (I doubt he will/would be doing much out side of it.)

For one, Clara is staying on board, so if would have to switch to an echo. Second, Moffat said the following:

Somewhere out there right now -- all unknowing, just going about their business -- is someone who’s about to become the Doctor.

So it has be be a new guy. Third, I don't they will ever show more than glimpses of the Time War.

But, that's all based on one line from a known deceiver, and my own speculation. Although I can't help but feel that the Hurt Doctor will be a one or two time deal, and that the show will promptly move on.

Sadly, Smith will not be going out on a two-parter, and with his next to last episode being shared with two other Doctors, we really won't be seeing that much more of him.

I am eagerly awaiting his last two outings, and can't wait to find out who is playing Twelve.

It would be nice if Eleven went out suddenly, without knowing it was coming, and by something other than radiation. Not something as simple as a gun wound, but maybe a Dalek beam. Ten had an unknown amount of time before it even started, ("Knock four times") and even afterwards he got to go around to all of his buddies before kicking the bucket. Nine had much less time, and was only able to give Rose a vague warning or what was to come. Thing is, Clara already knows all about his regen cycle, so he wouldn't need to tell her before passing. I'm thinking something akin to the fake regen in The Stolen Earth.

Really odd choice, good that he is older but he did play one of the most prominent characters in the Children of the Earth series of Torchwood.

Really odd choice, good that he is older but he did play one of the most prominent characters in the Children of the Earth series of Torchwood.

Plus he was in The Fires of Pompeii. Not as big of a deal, but still. I personally really like this choice. Even if he's been involved with this show and Torchwood in the past.

Plus he was in The Fires of Pompeii. Not as big of a deal, but still. I personally really like this choice. Even if he's been involved with this show and Torchwood in the past.

I just wonder if they will draw attention to it in the same way as Gwen / Gweneth, Martha / Torchwood Redshirt.

Yeah, not sure about getting somebody that's already been prominent in the franchise, but I'm sure we'll all accept him as The Doctor come Series 8.

Of course, depending on what you count, he could be the third Peter to play our beloved Doctor.

Also, does this mean a more fatherly-type relationship like the classic series? That would be nice to see again.

Edited by SteampunkDoc

I just wonder if they will draw attention to it in the same way as Gwen / Gweneth, Martha / Torchwood Redshirt.

Maybe they'll resurrect the Romana II/Princess Astra explanation... I sure hope not.

Thrilled about Capaldi and his greater age. Hope this steers the show back on course after a depressing year.

Did they? I didn't really notice.

I thought Capaldi was great in Pompeii and Torchwood and I'm very excited to see how he approaches the role of The Doctor. Matt Smith has been interesting, but not really what I expected from The Doctor, though the recent series finale was a very good episode.

I'm filled with not caring. I've not know anything about the previous actors. I know nothing about this one. So I'll wait and see.

The poster for the 50th Anniversary Special, Day of the Doctor can be seen here. Apparently it's going to be a 'feature-length' episode at 75 minutes - although imho 'feature-length' should mean at least 90 minutes.

Also a wealth of information on the many programmes UK viewers/listeners will be treated to in November here.

Lots of interesting stuff there, hopefully it will make up for the no-doubt disappointing special.

So, Bad Wolf is back... This year's Christmas Special is currently being filmed, you can see pictures here.

Smith wears a wig and there's a new Tardis whose appearance reminds the classic series.

So, Bad Wolf is back... This year's Christmas Special is currently being filmed, you can see pictures here.

Not bloody Bad Wolf again, please! Seriously, some story arcs run their course and need to be left behind, else the whole thing just becomes mundane. I have no issue with Billie Piper, but if she makes an appearance... I may have to go and break something. :wall:

Sorry for the rant, I've just had enough of the Rose character for one lifetime. "Oh no! I'm stranded in an alternate universe and need a poignant goodbye! Wait a second... who says that I need to play by the rules? I'll just keep reappearing all the damn time and make my farewell end-of-series episode pretty irrelevant!"

Not bloody Bad Wolf again, please! Seriously, some story arcs run their course and need to be left behind, else the whole thing just becomes mundane. I have no issue with Billie Piper, but if she makes an appearance... I may have to go and break something. :wall:

Sorry for the rant, I've just had enough of the Rose character for one lifetime. "Oh no! I'm stranded in an alternate universe and need a poignant goodbye! Wait a second... who says that I need to play by the rules? I'll just keep reappearing all the damn time and make my farewell end-of-series episode pretty irrelevant!"

It has been confirmed for a long time that she would be in the 50th and I dont see any way of reintroducing her without Bad Wolf..

It has been confirmed for a long time that she would be in the 50th and I dont see any way of reintroducing her without Bad Wolf..

Glad to hear it! :grin:

Found!

• The Enemy of the World (1967-68) - episodes 1,2,3,4,5,6
  • The Web of Fear (1968) - episodes 1,2,4,5,6 (episode 3 still missing :cry_sad:)