The Kid

Doctor Who, Torchwood, Sarah Jane Adventures...

New spinoff series: Class.

Could be interesting. I followed Torchwood which I thought was great.

And first 2 episodes of series 9 were great! That chair joke in the Witch's Familiar :laugh:

Edited by Ceroknight

New spinoff series: Class.

Could be interesting. I followed Torchwood which I thought was great.

And first 2 episodes of series 9 were great! That chair joke in the Witch's Familiar :laugh:

It needs a familiar character from the main series though, like Torchwood had Captain Jack.

I was thinking Courtney from series 9. We know Clara probably won't be in it because she is leaving the show. Danny Pink maybe, if they do some way of bringing him back.

Edited by Tariq j

I was thinking Courtney from series 9.

That would be one way to put off the fanbase, not to get them on their side. :P

We know Clara probably won't be in it because she is leaving the show.

She might do if she survives.

Danny Pink maybe, if they do some way of bringing him back.

Doubt it. Unless they do a Agent Coulson-Agents of SHIELD where the main series characters are unaware Danny is alive again.

What's up with all the hate towards Peter Capaldi and both the last and current season?

Out of all the NuWho Doctors, the Twelfth's my favorite (followed closing by Tennant), and I've loved Series 8 and 9. The only episode I've had a problem with so far was The Zygon Invasion, which just felt messy. But, other than that, it's been a blast. I really don't get all the hate.

Edited by Sir Gareth

I actually loved the Zygon episode! I think it can easily be the pest two parter of the series.

But I agree about Capaldi, I think he's awesome :sweet:

I like Capaldi as well. I felt this Season had been a success so far and the rest looks very promising.

I like Capaldi as well. I felt this Season had been a success so far and the rest looks very promising.

Same here. I've heard a lot of complaints about this season, and can't fathom why as the episodes and stories have been all extremely good. I can't wait to see The Zygon Inversion after THAT cliffhanger...

A lot of these episodes are a lot better than older episodes featured "fan favorite" doctors like Fear Me, etc. It's a shame if the rumors are true that next year will be a "specials" year due to bad ratings. Really a disappointment :cry_sad:

I really cant understand why people complain about this season, except for the psionic glasses. But surely the Doctor will renew his screwdriver.

To me this season have been awesome. Probably the best season starter for many seasons. Though i really also loved 11th hour.

To begin with Matt Smith was awefull as a doctor, then again i felt the same way when David Tennant took over in season 2.

Ive really come to love both Matt and David Tennant ( offcourse Tennant :laugh: )

Still struggle with Capaldi, but his doing it very well indeed.

I so cant wait for the Christmas special.. They have always made me cave up and really made me enjoy the last of christmas in my very own way.

Sorry it sort of had nothing to do with Torchwood, but then again it sort of did :classic:

I actually loved the Zygon episode! I think it can easily be the pest two parter of the series.

But I agree about Capaldi, I think he's awesome :sweet:

Agreed. The Zygon Invasion was brilliant. I think Jemma Redgrave is better at playing Zygon Kate than normal Kate.

I literally just saw my first Doctor Who episode last night, and I have to say, I love it! (Will come back once caught up...)

I literally just saw my first Doctor Who episode last night, and I have to say, I love it! (Will come back once caught up...)

Im just curious as to which episode ?

You so have to watch them all, at least from the 2005 reboot. Then go back and catch up with all the classic episodes afterwards. :laugh:

And dont forget Torchwood as well !!

The Zygon Inversion was fantastic! Even changed my view on last episode. Especially after:

Kate was revealed to still be a human. My biggest issue with The Zygon Invasion was how long it took for her to catch onto the Zygon police officer, but it turns out she knew the whole time, and was just mining the Zygon for information.

Capaldi's performance was exceptional, possibly his best all season. Smirked a little when he said "unforeseeable"; don't know if that was intentionally or not.

Looking forward to next week's episode, though not a huge fan of found-footage cinematography. :sceptic:

Edited by Sir Gareth

• I liked it and it felt like a satisfying conclusion, it just felt there was something missing.
  • A replacement second Osgood? Bonny changed her mind quickly.
  • Hehe, I love the mind wiping tech in the Black Archive.
  • The boxes were empty? Not really a surprise knowing how the Doctor operates. Talking of how he operates I got a serious 7 vibe from him here. As in he's already planned the downfall of the enemy before he's even arrived on the scene.
  • 'Five rounds rapped', it's ice to see someone who understands that shooting an alien in the head is sometimes necessary.
  • Jenna Coleman is normally an average actor but I feel she wasn't really trying in this two parter. Clara felt weaker than usual and Bonny acted like a child and not like the Commander she was meant to be.
  • Didn't the plane have other occupants? A crew?
  • Why does the fact that the Zygons have spaceships never come up? I mean the ones on Earth now don't, but the Zygons currently in space do, just ring 'em up.
  • Harry Sullivan is an imbecile :laugh:.
  • Better than the first and third two parter but not as good as the second.

• Jenna Coleman is normally an average actor but I feel she wasn't really trying in this two parter. Clara felt weaker than usual and Bonny acted like a child and not like the Commander she was meant to be.

Totally disagree. I thought it was a hugely clever and impressive performance from Jenna Coleman; it really was incredible how she made Bonnie so distinctive and different from Clara. In fact, I'd go as far as to say Jenna Coleman's performance was the best the show has ever seen and ever will see. If it doesn't bag her a National TV Award then there's no justice in the world.

Edited by LEGODalekbuster523

This series has been better than the last, where they had so many great set ups that ultimately turned into total letdowns. The Zygon episodes though were a mess - clumsily handled and poorly executed when you consider the long history of "aliens who can take human form" movies such as The Thing, Invasion of the Body-Snatchers etc. I got none of the sense of paranoia that such set-ups should naturally induce.

I don't watch the show, but I saw some people on Twitter talking about Jenna Coleman leaving Doctor Who.

Sleep No More: I liked this episode, it was original, and it had a good monster.

Face the Raven: This was an excellent episode, the script was fantastic and Clara's exit was filmed very well. I also thought Maisie Williams and Jovian Wades' Performance in this story were good. In terms of what happens next, we know that Doctor is returning to Galifrey for the finale and based on the events at the end of the Witches' Familiar I'm guessing Missy and Davros have a big part in it.