The Kid

Doctor Who, Torchwood, Sarah Jane Adventures...

I meant after he fell back into it in 'The End of Time'.

Ah, right. I don't think they did explain it, at least I can't remember. To be honest, I prefer it this way. I loved Missy's entrance in this episode, her saying "Okay, cutting to the chase. Not dead, back, big surprise, never mind." was funny and to the point. Sometimes shows/comics go to extrenuous lengths to justify resurrections etc.

Ah, right. I don't think they did explain it, at least I can't remember. To be honest, I prefer it this way. I loved Missy's entrance in this episode, her saying "Okay, cutting to the chase. Not dead, back, big surprise, never mind." was funny and to the point. Sometimes shows/comics go to extrenuous lengths to justify resurrections etc.

Yeah, not everything needs to be explained.

I quite enjoyed it. Wish they fleshed out Colony Sarff a bit but I'm holding out hope that it'll reappear throughout the series. Capaldi and Bleach were amazing, Gomez and Coleman were hilarious.

What did everyone think of the closing to the two-parter, "'Witch's Familiar"?

I thought it was good, I liked the Clara/Dalek thing and I thought it was a good callback to Asylum of the Daleks

I thought it was good, I liked the Clara/Dalek thing and I thought it was a good callback to Asylum of the Daleks

Lol, I knew I wasn't the only one who thought it seemed familiar. Not too sure how I am with this whole "trying to by sympathetic to daleks" stuff. Was definitely pleasantly surprised by the whole Davros and Doctor "old friends" bit. Nice to be kept on my toes again. ^_^

• All Daleks can fly, not just the Imperial and Time War ones, backs up 'The Chase'.
  • Davros thinks the Doctor won't point a gun? Is he an amnesiac?
    resurrection+of+the+daleks.jpg
  • Skaro was rebuilt by the Daleks? When, because 11 was on Skaro in the 'Asylum of the Daleks' and the Masters ashes were collected from there in 'The Enemy Within'.
  • Davros' handy forcefield is a great explanation for his survival rate.
  • No Emergency Temporal Shifts from the high ranking Daleks?
  • Sentient Sewers, nice, really adds to the gothic horror of Skaro established in 'Genesis of the Daleks'.
  • I expected Davros to get a new body at the end.
  • Mercy isn't in the Daleks vocabulary? I know we all wan't to pretend 'The Big Bang' never happened but it was 'kinda a big deal River Song made a Dalek beg for mercy.
  • No nods when Clara was in the Dalek to her conversion in 'Asylum of the Daleks', nothing, not even a 'this feels familiar'?
  • The Master was feeling quite like Ainley in this episode, best I've seen him since Jacoby in 'Utopia'.
  • The Master has a knife, why is the stick important?
  • Where's her weapons? No TCE, no Laser Screwdriver, no spitting venom, just a broach?
  • Sonic glasses is quite possibly the single worst idea I've seen Moffat ever come up with. If you're going to take away the SS have the balls to make done with it, don't just replace it with another idiot device.
  • See, told you Daleks could't destroy the TARDIS.
  • Galifray is in normal space? I thought it was still in the pocket universe.
  • That looked like a good chunk of regeneration energy, maybe a full incarnation.
  • Umm, what?The Doctor can just give it out (yes I know 11 did as well, doesn't make it less wrong), so why didn't he use it on Peri in 'The Caves of Androzani'? Is she worth less than Davros?
  • All those wires, we get it, it's a call back to the two wires in 'Genesis of the Daleks', learn how to use subtlety Moffat.
  • Clara is brain dead, why did it not occur to her to think 'open' to open the bloody thing? At this rate she'll probably leave after dying from forgetting to breath.
  • Nice nod to Ian in the Dalek as well.

​​

What did everyone think of the closing to the two-parter, "'Witch's Familiar"?

I thought it was a great episode but not as good as the first part. Nearly aways seems to be the case with two parters.

I thought it was a great episode but not as good as the first part. Nearly aways seems to be the case with two parters.

Funny, I thought it was batter than the first part.

I thought there were a couple of things that were poorly executed (TARDIS's return, Missy betraying Clara) which meant it wasn't quite as enjoyable as the first part but still enjoyed it overall.

Same. Kinda confused after you previous post though.... ;)

I really liked the episode and I'm interested in what or who the Timelord/Dalek hybrid will be... for a minute I thought we might have Clara running around the rest of the series inside a Dalek, but apparently it was easy to remove! But Clara is leaving at the end of the series to play Queen Victoria (or someone)? So maybe she will end up inside a Dalek after all...

Not sure how I feel about the sunglasses, I hope thats just a fad for a few episodes, wearable technology is not really my thing...

Can't wait for the next episode, it looks really good, lots of running!

Edited by BrickOn

I thought there were a couple of things that were poorly executed (TARDIS's return, Missy betraying Clara) which meant it wasn't quite as enjoyable as the first part but still enjoyed it overall.

I could't see how the Daleks would have been able to destroy the TARDIS in the first place so that wasn't a problem. Also the Master was going to betray them from the start, goodness knows why 12 brought her along.

Same. Kinda confused after you previous post though.... ;)

I don't think I posted my thoughts for the first episode though, it was longer.

Edited by Mr Man

I could't see how the Daleks would have been able to destroy the TARDIS in the first place so that wasn't a problem. Also the Master was going to betray them from the start, goodness knows why 12 brought her along.

That wasn't aspect that was badly executed, it was the fact that Missy turned her back on Clara - the companion she CHOSE for the Doctor - with basically no explanation whatsoever. There needed to be some kind of plan behind it IMO like Missy was trying to turn the Doctor into a Dalek.

That wasn't aspect that was badly executed, it was the fact that Missy turned her back on Clara - the companion she CHOSE for the Doctor - with basically no explanation whatsoever. There needed to be some kind of plan behind it IMO like Missy was trying to turn the Doctor into a Dalek.

Does the Master/Missy REALLY need a reason to do anything? At least a "logical" reason? This part never really bothered me....

Does the Master/Missy REALLY need a reason to do anything? At least a "logical" reason? This part never really bothered me....

I think there did need to be some sort of motive given that she chose Clara and therefore has a personal connection to her.

I think she only chose Clara because Clare is the current one and the only one in 2015 that she personally knows. Still, being random for no reason is well within character for the Master (Ainly and Simm especially).

I think she only chose Clara because Clare is the current one and the only one in 2015 that she personally knows. Still, being random for no reason is well within character for the Master (Ainly and Simm especially).

No, she chose Clara to control 'the man who should never be controlled'. I think even Missy would surely know to keep Clara rather than try to get her killed so she could be used later down the line to control the Doctor into one of her traps.

I think there did need to be some sort of motive given that she chose Clara and therefore has a personal connection to her.

Nah, it's WAY more fun when the Master/Missy is totally doing it for the laughs + master = bonkers. Adding reasoning kinda destroys it, unless there's a bigger plan overall...