The Kid

Doctor Who, Torchwood, Sarah Jane Adventures...

Ah, sorry about that, but yeah that seems like a possible explanation for the link.

No worries, I've had a few other things spoiled for me, but nothing too big. I'm going into this episode with almost no prior knowledge, so I can't wait for Saturday!!

Does it count as a spoiler? I thought it was only a rumour?

You tell me, you're the duke of decisions around here ;)

I won't count it as a spoiler, but it WAS something I was trying to avoid, as well as a few other spoilers that the trailer "ruined" (ok, maybe it's my own fault for watching it, but still!)

Edited by Jared

You tell me, you're the duke of decisions around here ;)

I won't count it as a spoiler, but it WAS something I was trying to avoid, as well as a few other spoilers that the trailer "ruined" (ok, maybe it's my own fault for watching it, but still!)

Very well, by royal decree, it doesn't.

I remember it being mentioned as something that would be addressed in the show since 12 took the role. It's more of a wish of Moffets than a 'going to happen thing'.

Very well, by royal decree, it doesn't.

I remember it being mentioned as something that would be addressed in the show since 12 took the role. It's more of a wish of Moffets than a 'going to happen thing'.

I do recall people speculating about it during the airing of series 8, so I guess it ain't no spoiler. On the more exciting side of things.... only 3 more days!!! :D

I saw that in the Mirror today. Won't that be the fourth time she's done that? (Before changing her mind).

I counted 7 last time, but I've lost track. ;D

I only put it here because it was on the bbc news website, which seems a lot more trustworthy than the Guardian, in terms of these types of matters...

I hate to say it, but I would really like to see it happen. We need a breath of fresh air, a change of pace if you will, and I hope if it does happen it'll be awesome... trying to be as vague as possible without giving away spoilers!

I hate to say it, but I would really like to see it happen. We need a breath of fresh air, a change of pace if you will, and I hope if it does happen it'll be awesome... trying to be as vague as possible without giving away spoilers!

I'd like to get a companion that stands on their own two feet without being some super important nexus of plot, the only one we've had since 1996 was Martha.

I'd like to get a companion that stands on their own two feet without being some super important nexus of plot, the only one we've had since 1996 was Martha.

Here here! Now wouldn't that be nice! I hope so too. The universe is only so important so many times. Would be nice to have a companion that's more interested in exploring, or is actually scared of the Doctor. NOT like Clara in 'Deep Breath'. I mean like Lucy from the audio story 'Blood of the Daleks'. Just, you know, a breath of fresh air, that's really what I'm looking for. Something different. I was hoping Shona may join (the blond woman from Last Xmas), or someone like her. That would be awesome! I feel like their banter would be absolutely amazing!

So, what do you think's gonna be in the new series? I've heard Davros*, and Peter Davison is in the Children In Need Special - he meets the current Doctor. David Tennant is rumoured to be leaving midway through the series. The current favourite replacement is James Nesbitt, I think.

*The return of Davros obviously means the return of the Daleks, but how? Perhaps the surviving Dalek (I forget which it was) finds Davros and they somehow rescue the Doomsday Daleks from the void? Or they simply construct new Daleks?

I was watching The End Of The World earlier today, and I noticed that Eccleston mentions being on a ship once; "they called that unsinkable too. Then it hit an iceberg and sank". Obviously this means Titanic, and the Christmas Special is on the Titanic - maybe Tennant bumps into Eccleston? X-D

TK

I heard some where that the "rani" (that right?) will be comming back in one of the new series. She maybe the masters wife who then takes the watch and then it may tell her who she is aswell.

The masters wife thing is just me speculating but if she would come back the watch would make sence. ;-)

It's funny how wrong these were. I particularly love the idea of the Rani as the Master's wife. That would have been hilarious. :laugh:

It's funny how wrong these were. I particularly love the idea of the Rani as the Master's wife. That would have been hilarious. :laugh:

Watching 'The Mark of the Rani' it would seem unlikely.

That was just... Amazing, I loved the twist of Davros at the beginning of the episode and the revelation of Skaro.

New episode was good, though I don't like the idea of Missy being so accepted by the doctor and Clara. I mean she kills 2 people and then goes along the rest of the episode like one of the good guys.

SOOOOO - the episode from tonight! - What do you guys think of it? I kinda like the direction where this is going - but it progessed pretty slowley tho...

It was also handelling an idea or rather fought I had a while ago - what if Doctor Who goes the X-Men: DoFP way? Like rebooting the timeline - at the cliffhanger ending of the episode it kinda seems like it.

Haha, was bored out of my skull, which is a first, so congratulations to the writer on that! Super excited for when they'll get a new one!

SOOOOO - the episode from tonight! - What do you guys think of it? I kinda like the direction where this is going - but it progessed pretty slowley tho...

It was also handelling an idea or rather fought I had a while ago - what if Doctor Who goes the X-Men: DoFP way? Like rebooting the timeline - at the cliffhanger ending of the episode it kinda seems like it.

They better not undo the hours upon hours I spent watching "canon..." :(

Hoping they don't do that; there's not much reason for the show to go in that direction...

• Loved the interior of the city, very like in 'The Daleks'.
  • Davros has lost his electronic voice.
  • Genesis, Resurrection, Revelation, Remembrance of the Daleks and Journeys End, anyone know where the 5th Docs meting with Davros is from?
  • Shame Davros didn't want to see the Master again, they've worked together in the past (or rather the Master and the Daleks have).
  • Yeah, no amount of Daleks set on 'Maximum Extermination', even with a Special Weapons Dalek are getting through the TARDIS.
  • The Daleks already had a TARDIS like craft in 'The Chase'.
  • I spotted two other Supreme Daleks (a black one and a black and silver one) so why is the Red one in command?
  • The 4th Doc was talking about Davros, nice touch.
  • Why the bloody hell was the Doctor working with the Master anyway, talk about expecting her sudden yet inevitable betrayal.
  • I also heard the Dalek voices pitched differently as they used to be.
  • The Master got the Doctors will, a nice call back to 'The Enemy Within' where the Doctor got to take the Masters ashes from Skaro.
  • Kill baby Davros with a Daleks gun? Dramatic irony eh Doc?
  • The Master (and Davros) surviving with no explanation, very nice, that's how it always was.
  • I assume the Doctor has one of the Vortex Manipulators.
  • Karn was a bit wasted unless it shows up again later on. It's good they had nothing to do with the Masters return.
  • Talking about the Master. Was it ever established how he escaped the Time War, did he come through one of the cracks?
  • The current Master is almost certainly a regeneration of the last (and therefore Yana) because she mentions she can regenerate, so not a stolen body.
  • Nice of the episode to clear up all the creepy Master/Doctor slash and Doctor/Clara crap that seemed to litter the last series.
  • We know the Doctor won't die, the show knows he won't die, there was no need to waste most of the episode on his 'meditation'.
  • The Master also seems to have met Davros, they both fled the first days of the Time War (before the Time Lock), maybe it was the same battle.
  • I realise the Doctor isn't in a ship, but surely anyone else approaching Skaro would notice the gravity isn't that of a Station (i.e. the orbital gravity, not on the station).
  • Karn, Gallifrey, Skaro, a lot of important planets are red.
  • I'm not really interested in the Masters little ipad thing, the TCE was much more intimidating.

It's Doctor Who, timeline changes happen all the time.

Edited by Mr Man

The master survived the Time War by using a chameleon circuit to disguise himself as a human, until he was finally released in the episode with doctor Yana.

The master survived the Time War by using a chameleon circuit to disguise himself as a human, until he was finally released in the episode with doctor Yana.

I meant after he fell back into it in 'The End of Time'.