The Kid

Doctor Who, Torchwood, Sarah Jane Adventures...

Only 2 more days till the episode. Looks a good one which I hope will give some insight into series 9.

That was a great Christmas Special. The idea of dreaming while the crab is attacking you is scary yet clever. The twist in the end when they realised they were dreaming was brilliant, this episode sort of reminded me of the film inception. There were alot of good references to previous episodes. Overall a great episode.

Pretty good episode, just wish Clara would have been killed by the dream crab, or stayed old...

We need a new companion, maybe a male one...

Pretty good episode, just wish Clara would have been killed by the dream crab, or stayed old...

Here here! I was really disappointed when she didn't die. She's such a boring and repetitive character now. I would LOVE for a male companion, especially a sassy gay guy, imagine him in contrast with Capaldi's narcissistic, crabby Doctor. Oh the laughs...

Otherwise I would've settled for the short-haired blond chick with the dunkaroos (I think her name was Shona?) who was lonely on Christmas from the special. Man, I felt so sorry for her when I saw her all alone. DOCTOR GO FIND HER!

Perkins would be a good companion. He is making a debut in Series 9 but I don't think he is a regular companion.

Perkins would be a good companion. He is making a debut in Series 9 but I don't think he is a regular companion.

Who's Perkins?

mummy_orient_express_doctor_who_mr_perkins.jpg

Oh yeah, that guy.... my apologies, I don't mean this in a bad way, but I didn't find Mummy on the Orient Express to be a particularly great episode, and most of the characters were really forgettable. Is Perkins the new villain or something? Like, is he just gonna randomly show up and taunt Doctor Who?

Honestly, I was totally letdown by this season. Capaldi made a FANTASTIC Doctor, but he was the only redeeming quality. Kill the Moon had an absolutely terrible premise, Clara gets really repetitive, it was filled with dramatized cheesy moments...The writing had just been all around awful. I'm not even excited for the next season anymore. I really feel like it's time for them to bring on an entirely new team for some fresh blood and fresh ideas.

On a side note, the other day I was watching the trailer for Chappie...I know it's never going to happen (especially since he's not British,) but Sharlto Copley would make an INCREDIBLE Doctor. I don't know if I could think of anyone better for the role.

I also joked that Dominic Monaghan should be the Doctor and Billy Boyd should be he companion...or vice versa. That was a joke though, lol.

I also joked that Dominic Monaghan should be the Doctor and Billy Boyd should be he companion...or vice versa. That was a joke though, lol.

Oh wow, that would be hilarious!

New Doctor Who trailer for series 9 from Comiccon!!

The shot of the bronze buildings looks like Skaro. Also, more Master?

^^

Yep, Missy is set to return in the opening two parter. That trailer look very good, this series is said to be compromised mainly of two parters, really giving it a classic Doctor who feel. :thumbup:

Edited by Tariq j

The shot of the bronze buildings looks like Skaro. Also, more Master?

I was thinking more Gallifrey since he has to go find it, but I can't say I won't be pleasantly surprised if it is. :D

^^

Yep, Missy is set to return in the opening two parter. That trailer look very good, this series is said to be compromised mainly of two parters, really giving it a classic Doctor who feel. :thumbup:

The only thing I found off-putting was how... "intense" the trailer is. Almost too intense. Not enough goofy stuff. Though I'm sure we'll get our fair share during the season :D

If the Daleks won could they be responsible not only for the destruction of all life in the universe, but also for its recreation?

Discuss!

Well, their reconstruction as Daleks. Though, considering their racism it's more likely they would't bother.

New trailer for "The Magician's Apprentice"!

(sorry, not sure how to embed videos)

*Edit: got it!

Edited by Jared

I decided to watch' The Brain of Morbius' and 'The Daleks' ready for the first two episodes, next up, 'Genesis of the Daleks'. Apparently those three stories tie into the opening two parter. I also watched 'Resurrection of the Daleks', but I've never needed an excuse to watch that :wub_drool:.

Agreed. TO be honest, I really loved Wilfred Mott as the Doctor's companion way back in Season 4 and I do hope that if the doctor were to get a male companion, it would be like him...

I loved that prequel, good to see the planet Karn back.

Karn is a cool planet... I think... ;)

I decided to watch' The Brain of Morbius' and 'The Daleks' ready for the first two episodes, next up, 'Genesis of the Daleks'. Apparently those three stories tie into the opening two parter. I also watched 'Resurrection of the Daleks', but I've never needed an excuse to watch that :wub_drool:.

Nice idea, I may do the same if I don't have much work for the weekend!

What I'm most interested in the series is the Link between The 12th doctors face and Caecillius from the fires of Pompeii, the link is apparently revealed in this series.

What I'm most interested in the series is the Link between The 12th doctors face and Caecillius from the fires of Pompeii, the link is apparently revealed in this series.

I assume it's the same as the link between Maxil and Six, or the Abbot and One, or Salamander and Two. Random happenstance.

Gaaah, I've been trying to avoid as many spoilers as possible! Oh well....

I assume it's the same as the link between Maxil and Six, or the Abbot and One, or Salamander and Two. Random happenstance.

That would be nice. I feel like if Mr. Moffat tried to explain it it would just end up being more confusing! XD

Countdown = 5 days...

Edited by Jared