msx80

[Software] Bluerender, a rendering engine for LDD

when ı try to open it on windows 10 it opens a command screen and closes

ı am not familliar with coding can anyone help me

1 hour ago, Mizyaz said:

when ı try to open it on windows 10 it opens a command screen and closes

ı am not familliar with coding can anyone help me

You need to have Java 8 installed and LDD installed. You also need to have run LDD at least once. 

17 hours ago, supertruper1988 said:

You need to have Java 8 installed and LDD installed. You also need to have run LDD at least once. 

yes ı have done everything you said but it isn't opening

On 9/2/2018 at 3:33 PM, Mizyaz said:

yes ı have done everything you said but it isn't opening

Hi, try first to close LDD and second open bluerender!

Hello guys! I am new in blue render and I would like some help. Is there a way to make shading a bit darker (either via blue render or in LDD) because the way white bricks appear to me, they are too bleached thus losing some of their detailing when using textured bricks. Also can I make the resulted picture a bit bigger? In order to better understand my questions, this is what I get when using it for the first time.

39695368704_5bd4804718_z.jpgblue render 1st try by Spy Tha, on Flickr

Thanks beforehand and a huge thanks to the developers of this program!

3 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

Hello guys! I am new in blue render and I would like some help. Is there a way to make shading a bit darker (either via blue render or in LDD) because the way white bricks appear to me, they are too bleached thus losing some of their detailing when using textured bricks. Also can I make the resulted picture a bit bigger?

You can set resolution of a render in a tab called "Parameters". As for whites been being too white, or blacks too black for that matter... I think there isn't much you can do about it. You can play with light settings, but some things will always be seriously overexposed or underexposed.

Screenshot from 2018-02-21 23-57-56.png

Edited by inkpanther

On 2/21/2018 at 5:16 PM, inkpanther said:

You can set resolution of a render in a tab called "Parameters". As for whites been being too white, or blacks too black for that matter... I think there isn't much you can do about it. You can play with light settings, but some things will always be seriously overexposed or underexposed.

Screenshot from 2018-02-21 23-57-56.png

How do I play with the lighting? I'm not at all happy with my first render. Did a black steam train locomotive and there is no depth to the blacks at all. I think (hope) changing the angle of the lighting  (possible?) Or another lighting setting will help. 

LDD pictured on top and BR pictured on bottom...

2018-03-11_11-27-19

On 3/11/2018 at 11:30 AM, sed6 said:

How do I play with the lighting? I'm not at all happy with my first render. Did a black steam train locomotive and there is no depth to the blacks at all. I think (hope) changing the angle of the lighting  (possible?) Or another lighting setting will help. 

I have absolutely the same issue. My steam engine and tender are completely black and using bluerender I get awful results... (( Blacks have no depth at all and they all unrealistically smooth.

Would appreciate any advises.  

5 hours ago, SylvainLS said:

Read the previous posts about copying and editing scene.sc.

Meh, don't want to read 39 pages...point us in the right direction?

Edited by sed6
cnat spele

hey @sed6, I recommend reading thru it but most of the good info is found in the first 15 pages or so. I know that there was a user that has left called Bullbile or something and he had a lot of great posts breaking down how the lighting worked. 

I was able to render your train LXF and it was a little better:
OoaMZvi.png

Edited by supertruper1988

On 3/11/2018 at 5:30 PM, sed6 said:

Well. Let's start with the simplest thing. Rotate your build so the default lighting isn't coming from behind of it. ;)

But if you really want to have some control over lighting, you'll have to edit scene file which contains parameters for rendering, and set your lights there. You can find the default scene.sc file in the bluerender directory. But it's better to have separate .sc files for each of your renders. Copy default scene.sc file from bluerender directory, paste it in the same location as your build and rename it so both are called the same (for example "train.lxf" and "train.sc"). If it exists, Bluerender will always use this .sc file over the default one. You can open .sc files in any text editor. As to how and what kind of light sources you can actually use... You will have to browse this thread or this document: https://geneomic.files.wordpress.com/2015/06/sfwiki.pdf  

I'm experiencing something odd when using the software.

When I want to do a low angle on a build, I get a totally black render.
Is this due to the camera Point of View is below the base-raster of LDD? is there a remedy?

Bart

49 minutes ago, Bart said:

I'm experiencing something odd when using the software.

When I want to do a low angle on a build, I get a totally black render.
Is this due to the camera Point of View is below the base-raster of LDD? is there a remedy?

Bart

You may be putting the camera "underground" I would go into the scene.sc and then look for this part:

# Here we define our plane.
object {
  shader PlaneMaterial
  type plane
  p 0 %LOWESTPOINT% 0
  n 0 1 0
}

Change it this this:

# Here we define our plane.
#object {
#  shader PlaneMaterial
#  type plane
#  p 0 %LOWESTPOINT% 0
#  n 0 1 0
#}

This will remove the ground plane. This is also useful if you want to render an object like a space ship flying in space with no shadow on the ground. 

Howdy,

I'm having an issue where my renders come up with just a fully black screen. Some of my older lfx files do it, others do not. Custom .sc doesn't change it from doing this. I'm running on a rather low-end laptop, if that's at all relevant. 

Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU  N3060  @ 1.60GHz (2 CPUs), ~1.6GHz
4096MB RAM

Thanks, hope to get some tips, and maybe even help someone else if they have this issue. 

Edit: The project I'm rendering is about 5200 pieces. 

Edit 2: Nevermind, turns out the camera was positioned beneath the 'floor'. Silly me. 

Edited by lazyguineapig
Figured it out

@supertruper1988 Thanks for the information, I've worked around it, by lowering the floor, by adding a multitude of bricks underneath my model, and then removing them all except the lowest. 

Didn't use your excellent information this time, but might in the future :)

Hey, I need to submit an error that involves rendering a Teddy Bear minifigure accessory. How can I submit rendering errors? And which user should I send my error to?

You can maybe contact the creator MSX80 but he has stated that he has really slowed down on any development for this and blueprint. If you want to list the part number, I can try to see if it happens on my system too. 

32 minutes ago, supertruper1988 said:

You can maybe contact the creator MSX80 but he has stated that he has really slowed down on any development for this and blueprint. If you want to list the part number, I can try to see if it happens on my system too. 

Alright, the part number for the Teddy Bear accessory is 98382.

Hey @MatthewRC I tried that bear but it isnt decorated in LDD 4.3.11 is that an older version of LDD or a custom decoration? LDD 4.3.10 or older is no longer officially supported by LEGO so support for it in the 3rd party software world is not be expected. If its a custom decoration, I can't help you because it is likely an issue with the decoration you are use and not the render. 

That part has always had decoration problems: the pictures aren’t correctly matched to the decorable zones and the zones aren’t all available in LDD.

It seems 4.3.11 still allows one zone to be decorated: the base.  (You can put eyes on the base!)

There are four decorable zones and four pictures.  You can decorate only by editing the LXFML (which, AFAICT, isn’t against the EULA).

I found that “0,99596,73156,0” is the only combination that makes sense in LDD (eyes + mouth).  And then Bluerender renders the mouth on the belly.  MatthewRC’s render has the eyes on the belly and the mouth on the eyes, so I guess it’s another combination or a random problem.

can anyone tell me why, when running the bluerender.bat file as admin on windows 10, I get the error "could not find or load main class bluerender.BlueRender" ??