msx80

[Software] Bluerender, a rendering engine for LDD

Hey @msx80 any chance we can get a render queue? I have a bunch of files i want to render and would like to run it over night. Also is there any way to change the default file name? I would like to have it not be *[file name]*.lxf.png

Bluerender is one of the best pieces of software that I have downloaded! It gives that photo-realistic look I really wanted! I recommend it to everyone I can!

Hi guys, I'm using this great utility since when it came out.

Now I've a little problem. Lego released an update to its LDD adding new pieces. I see Bluerender still uses the old DB so some new elements aren't rendered at all.

I tried to overwrite the new LDD DB (it's called Assets.lif, at least on MacOS) and renamed it to db.lif but Bluerender crashes at start.

Any solution for this issue? Thanks.

Assets.lif isn’t db.lif.

Assets.lif is in LDD application directories (next to the binary), it contains db.lif and db.lif is copied in the user’s directories when LDD is first started (sorry, I don’t know where that is on a MAC).

1 hour ago, SylvainLS said:

Assets.lif isn’t db.lif.

Assets.lif is in LDD application directories (next to the binary), it contains db.lif and db.lif is copied in the user’s directories when LDD is first started (sorry, I don’t know where that is on a MAC).

Thanks for your answer, SylvainLS, but it's still not clear to me.

I've downloaded the LDD PC version (file structure inside is the same, but just in case) and uncompressed it. This is what I see:

Schermata_2018-01-16_alle_21.08.59.png

I tried to delete my old db.lif in Bluerender folder so it asks for a new one but, selecting assets.lif (hoping it could extract db.lif automatically) makes it crash.

Schermata_2018-01-16_alle_21.13.31.png

Edited by Lock

Just select db.lif. It’s somewhere in /Users/USERNAME/Library/Application Support/LEGO Company/LEGO Digital Designer/ on macOS. 

1 hour ago, M2m said:

Just select db.lif. It’s somewhere in /Users/USERNAME/Library/Application Support/LEGO Company/LEGO Digital Designer/ on macOS. 

Many thanks, M2m, I didn't know LDD duplicated db in user library. Everything works perfectly now. :)

Edited by Lock

1 hour ago, Lock said:

I didn't know LDD duplicated db in user library.

That’s what I tried to explain, very unsuccessfully :grin:

Happily, M2m came to save the day.

8 minutes ago, SylvainLS said:

That’s what I tried to explain, very unsuccessfully :grin:

:)

Thanks both. I can continue to render happy. :)

1 hour ago, Lock said:

:)

Thanks both. I can continue to render happy. :)

Happy to help !

I'm also having trouble with finding the db.lif file on Mac. I've checked under "/Library/Application Support" but there isn't any "LEGO Company" folder or anything related to LEGO there, and there isn't any result when searching for db.lif in finder. Would anyone perhaps consider taking the trouble of uploading the db.lif file to Dropbox or Google Drive or something similar and sharing the link here? I would be extremely grateful!

2 hours ago, supertruper1988 said:

Have you installed LDD and run it at least once?

Yes

11 hours ago, JohZan said:

I'm also having trouble with finding the db.lif file on Mac. I've checked under "/Library/Application Support" but there isn't any "LEGO Company" folder or anything related to LEGO there, and there isn't any result when searching for db.lif in finder. Would anyone perhaps consider taking the trouble of uploading the db.lif file to Dropbox or Google Drive or something similar and sharing the link here? I would be extremely grateful!

Don't confuse `/Library/Application Support` with `~/Library/Application Support`. The `~` is important. You need to look in your user home folder, not the system root. So something like this :

/Users/USERNAME/Library/Application Support/LEGO Company/LEGO Digital Designer/

Where `USERNAME` is your MacOS account username. The `~` character is an alias for `/Users/USERNAME`

Edited by Malou

5 hours ago, Malou said:

Don't confuse `/Library/Application Support` with `~/Library/Application Support`. The `~` is important. You need to look in your user home folder, not the system root. So something like this :

/Users/USERNAME/Library/Application Support/LEGO Company/LEGO Digital Designer/

Where `USERNAME` is your MacOS account username. The `~` character is an alias for `/Users/USERNAME`

Wow, I'm really stupid! Thank you very much for your assistance! 

I'm still having issues launching Bluerender on mac. When I open the Bluerender.bat file, Terminal opens but can't locate the file. 

Can anyone help here?

5a6edd9d90f0d_ScreenShot2018-01-29at4_36_18pm.png.20e2580077fa962960f83372995323de.png 

Transcript:  I've asterisked (*) my name and other sensitive information on purpose.

/Users/********/Downloads/Bluerender0005/bluerender.bat ; exit;

*************:~ ********$ /Users/********/Downloads/Bluerender0005/bluerender.bat ; exit;

/Users/********/Downloads/Bluerender0005/bluerender.bat: line 1: @ECHO: command not found

Error: Could not find or load main class bluerender.BlueRender

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: bluerender.BlueRender

/Users/********/Downloads/Bluerender0005/bluerender.bat: line 3: pause: command not found

logout

Saving session...

...copying shared history...

...saving history...truncating history files...

...completed.

[Process completed]

On 1/29/2018 at 4:42 PM, Lego_Talk said:

I'm still having issues launching Bluerender on mac. When I open the Bluerender.bat file, Terminal opens but can't locate the file. 

Can anyone help here?

5a6edd9d90f0d_ScreenShot2018-01-29at4_36_18pm.png.20e2580077fa962960f83372995323de.png 

Transcript:  I've asterisked (*) my name and other sensitive information on purpose.

/Users/********/Downloads/Bluerender0005/bluerender.bat ; exit;

*************:~ ********$ /Users/********/Downloads/Bluerender0005/bluerender.bat ; exit;

/Users/********/Downloads/Bluerender0005/bluerender.bat: line 1: @ECHO: command not found

Error: Could not find or load main class bluerender.BlueRender

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: bluerender.BlueRender

/Users/********/Downloads/Bluerender0005/bluerender.bat: line 3: pause: command not found

logout

Saving session...

...copying shared history...

...saving history...truncating history files...

...completed.

[Process completed]

Check my post for Apple MacOS:

1 hour ago, Lego_Talk said:

Not sure what you mean @supertruper1988

If you head back a few pages in the thread, you will find a mac download for this that was posted by Malou. It makes it from a terminal based to being more of a program you can just launch from your applications folder. 

EDIT - you can see it here:

https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/109972-software-bluerender-a-rendering-engine-for-ldd/&do=findComment&comment=2768066

Edited by supertruper1988

I can confirm that a portable version of BR works like a charm on computers where you do not have admin rights. Bringing both Java (if required) and LDD on the memory stick is key, and modifying the .batch file (as described on previous page) takes care of discrepancies. Just make sure that Java is the correct version (32/64bit) for best results.

My thanks once more goes to the kind people in this topic. Keep on rendering, everyone! .)

I'm having a problem with bluerender, when I open the .bat file, it says:

Error: could not open `C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_144\lib\i386\jvm.cfg'
Press any key to continue . . .

Please help!

On 24/03/2017 at 9:30 AM, Malou said:

@VaderFan2187 I have a MacOS bundle for Bluerender if you want. It got java bundle it it, so should work out of the box : http://dl.bbqsoftwares.com/LDD/Bluerender.zip

FYI, the `db.lif` file is in you home folder, `~/Library/Application Support/LEGO Company/LEGO Digital Designer`. You need LDD installed (and run it once).

This worked for me as well! Thanks so much @Malou

On 1/17/2018 at 1:24 AM, SylvainLS said:

Assets.lif isn’t db.lif.

Awesome, thanks @msx80.

I made it work on my Mac (10.12.6) at the first time, just following installation steps correctly. Bluerender does a great job, output model is much better than LDD :), but it takes a little time, it takes about 1 minute on my Macbook Pro to render this test model.

40079 Mini VW T1 Camper.jpg