msx80

[Software] Bluerender, a rendering engine for LDD

On 10/12/2017 at 5:55 PM, kokkie20 said:

Sunflowermod, but the maker of it removed his patch and made his own renderer. Google for it, should be easy to find :) not going to place link here cause i feel it is disrespecting msx80 ;) *feels kind of advertising for other seller in someones sale thread

you mean sunflow renderer?

Lovely little piece of software, thanks a lot!

I, however, can't quite figure out the camera controls. Is there a way to read the camera position in LDD and then input that in the scene.sc file in BlueRender, or how should I go about it?
I can only get the standard position in LDD, which I also don't know how to change.

I hope someone can help me! :-)

EDIT: Figured it out!

Edited by JakobNielsen

Hi msx80, I really can't thank you enough for developing this piece of software. I started using it as soon as it came out and it's perfect for the under-powered (by modern standards) machines. I successfully created a portable version of it on a USB stick (which has to have the entire LDD package on it) which works like a charm on public PCs. I also enjoy replacing unused colours with custom ones and playing with all sorts of settings.

Now, has anyone run into a problem of 'Java' is not recognized as an internal or external command? Running it on Win10 (done that before, no issues) on a public computer (where I assume we cannot fiddle too much with the system) shows me this error. Thanks!

Java ((that is, JRE / Java Runtime Environment, a JVM / Java Virtual Machine) needs to be installed.

Not an easy feat on a public computer :sceptic:

The thing is, those are some very capable machines with Java installed by the looks of it, albeit maybe in a different package. So I assume it is a matter of modifying the PATH. Can we adjust the BR to the different path instead? Alternatively, I wouldn't mind having Java on my USB too, if that is at all doable. Any thoughts?

You can edit bluerender.bat file and make it something like:

@echo off
set JAVA_HOME=Z:\blabla\JRE
%JAVA_HOME%\bin\java -cp "bin/*" bluerender.BlueRender
pause

(You need to know what drive letter to use, so you need to edit it each time. I haven’t used Windows for decades, maybe there’s an automatic way to do that nowadays…)

Now, if I were sysadmin for public computers, I wouldn’t allow that to work :devil: but YMMV :wink:

Edited by SylvainLS

9 hours ago, Count Sepulchure said:

The thing is, those are some very capable machines with Java installed by the looks of it, albeit maybe in a different package. So I assume it is a matter of modifying the PATH. Can we adjust the BR to the different path instead? Alternatively, I wouldn't mind having Java on my USB too, if that is at all doable. Any thoughts?

Installing java beside the program in the USB key should be very doable. Check around for "jre bundle" or "portable java" or something like this. It could be possible to just copy the jre on the stick and adjust the path to java.exe

Just wondered if the source code of bluerender is available anywhere ?

anyone knows ?

On 24-11-2017 at 11:58 AM, Good Old Dude said:

Can you show me how to render a LDD project,because I don't know.I have Windows 7 computer.Please help!

1. Open up Bluerender

75e1b795d7aece8410f5f141b0d506e7.png

2. Browse to LXF file (Input File (LXF, click there Browse button)

29954796187fd451dc02a5706fc89b67.png

3. Set up your desired settings

ea2704b4bde4b9b4994b02a48ca4e646.png

4. Click Render and wait till its done

5feb978ef9c6d93c62f4b4b2c7747ced.png

5. Done (Output file will be in the folder where you selected your lxf file)

cc1147f49a6ac00fe515d5b206e52517.png

Can you give me your e- mail adress ,so I can send you a file to render?

P.S.Please answer!

Edited by Good Old Dude

Just now, supertruper1988 said:

The official BlueRender does not have LEGO logos. It was a mod by someone here that no longer posts. 

Thank you.

I'm getting this error message when I try to run this program:

Could not find or load main class bluerender.BlueRender

Can someone please help me?