msx80

[Software] Bluerender, a rendering engine for LDD

No, Assets.lif won't do it, you need db.lif. What OS version do you have?

On 21/04/2017 at 1:29 PM, Malou said:

No, Assets.lif won't do it, you need db.lif. What OS version do you have?

I have macOS Sierra. I hope it's not too much trouble, do you mind sending me the contents of Application Support >> LEGO Company?

Oh I think I see your problem. I managed to find that `assets.lif` file in my mac. You're not looking at the right place. You checked inside the LDD app package itself in the Applications folder. but you'll find db.lif inside ~/Library/Application Support/LEGO Company/LEGO Digital Designer. In Finder, you can use Go -> Go to folder or Cmd + shift + G to find the Library folder inside your user home folder.

Just now, Malou said:

Oh I think I see your problem. I managed to find that `assets.lif` file in my mac. You're not looking at the right place. You checked inside the LDD app package itself in the Applications folder. but you'll find db.lif inside ~/Library/Application Support/LEGO Company/LEGO Digital Designer. In Finder, you can use Go -> Go to folder or Cmd + shift + G to find the Library folder inside your user home folder.

No luck. :sad: I went into the Application Support folder but there is no LEGO Company folder. Even after I redownloaded LDD. :sceptic:

/Application Support, at the root of the hard drive? Screenshot?

It is somewhere... otherwise you wouldn't be able to open any LDD model...

Edited by Malou

3 minutes ago, Malou said:

/Application Support, at the root of the hard drive? Screenshot?

It is somewhere... otherwise you wouldn't be able to open any LDD model...

Macintosh HD >> Library >> Application Support >> ??

jl63a9N.jpg

And screenshot of  ~/Library/Application Support/LEGO Company/LEGO Digital Designer ?

Just now, Malou said:

And screenshot of  ~/Library/Application Support/LEGO Company/LEGO Digital Designer ?

There is no LEGO Company file. :look:

On March 23, 2017 at 6:30 PM, Malou said:

@VaderFan2187 I have a MacOS bundle for Bluerender if you want. It got java bundle it it, so should work out of the box : http://dl.bbqsoftwares.com/LDD/Bluerender.zip

FYI, the `db.lif` file is in you home folder, `~/Library/Application Support/LEGO Company/LEGO Digital Designer`. You need LDD installed (and run it once).

Thank you Malou. I have been wanting to try this software out for a while and thanks to your packaged file and straightforward explanation I was able to get it running and rendering in a few minutes. I hope VaderFan2187 gets it running too as this software is just as cool as it looks. 

A recent MOC Modular building that was first designed in LDD (since been built in real bricks). 

34009604960_7de5c19c68_b.jpg

Hi guys.

I need to produce a render of a spaceship that should look like a blueprint (no pun intended here :wink:). What I'd like to do is:
- blue background
- bricks outline in black
- no colors (all bricks in white)
- no shadows
- orthographic shots (top, bottom, and side)

I'm pretty sure this could be done by tweaking a custom .sc file, and I'd be happy to spend hours to try and test it, but sadly I don't have that free time right now... So if you've already done something similar, could you help me? :blush:

I'm also looking for a scene setting for a project. To prevent dark shadows inside a building, I need a more lower defuse light setting that works like a studio lightbox. This is important to make renders of the interiors. Is there a setting to make this possible? And I would also like to reduce the grain in the shadows.

I also experience some color effects with the sunsky settings. It looks like, when I render bigger builds, the light makes medium stone grey bricks look more yellow. I already tried to add the color setting from pinlight but that creates a JAVA error.

This is what I get with the default scene settings:

test-model-interieur-1.jpg.7c00ea9ed6f729c12f3f4131e78f2aa6.jpg

I really hope you guys can help me with this.

Edited by JPLC

Anyone else had trouble with translucent pieces though? Bluerender turned one of my trans red pieces into black. :look:

Can someone give me an answer on how I am to make the edges of the bricks visible, IE not all one chunk. I'm seeing referneces to a mod but I can't seem to find it. Also I'm using a Mac

Thank you for a great tool, fast result and easy to use.

I am doing the render with both colors as #4d4d4d.  I get the following image.  Is this the expected result?  If the darker gray is the background, shouldn't it be at an angle?  Why is it darker?

Panorama_Ville_de_Quebec_Final_Nouv_Pric

On Windows 10, 64 bits, 64 bits processor.

Thanks!

Edited by yojeff
Added OS info.

50 minutes ago, nitrofurano said:

errata: “Mac” is the hardware, not the operating system - i guess you meant “MacOS-X” or “OSX”?

and btw, Mac is a PC, as clearly explained at https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.html#PC 

Mac is the hardware, but that hardware comes with only a single OS which is MacOS. So saying that people can't run it on Mac is perfectly fine.

But even then, nitpicking like this doesn't add anything to the discussion anyway. Let's make it clear to everyone here: let's not start a discussion here about mac vs pc and what terminology you can and can't use. I know the internet, and I know that sooner or later this will derail otherwise. :wink:

So, please stay on topic. Thanks.

i was not starting a holy war, at all! :D - for example, i’m mostly using Macs (i’m on a Macbook Air right now), and very rarely use OSX (i’m using Ubuntu 17.04 right now - in my example, i use mostly Apple hardware because the hardware quality, not because the operating system - and i’m not alone, people Linus Torvalds (Linux kernel developer), Frank Karlitschek (opendesktop.org), Ricardo Lafuente (Libre Graphics Magazine), etc., usually do exactly like me) - and i also know a lot of people that run OSX on non-apple hardware! :D - i know that it’s far more probable that Mac users are mostly OSX users, but they are not everyone - i only posted a heads up observation that i think is positively contributing to the thread context, trying to help it avoid error inductions like this - and i were indeed on topic (i wouldn’t post this comment if i were not)

@LUCKINESS Well, I don't know that, but a workaround would be, to just render with a completely green background, and then make green in something like Gimp or Photoshop transparent. Allthough, this limits the color of models you can render, but you could actually also make any other color transparent.

Then I also have a question. I'm rendering 360 Pictures for a gif. I have a not so good Pc, and because of this, every picture needs 20 or more minutes to render. Since I don't want to render through the night, I wanted to know, if i can just put my Pc to sleep mode. Will this stop the rendering process, or will it just pause the process?

Edit: Somewhen I needed to turn off my pc, so.. I put it into sleep mode. Today I turned it on, and yes, it kept rendering! But, due to the 100% CPU usage,which I wanted to use for something else, I needed to stop the process... :hmpf_bad:

Edited by HDGamer2424

Howdy - is the source for this available anywhere? I wrote something to animate builds in POV-Ray using the brick order from BluePrint (https://github.com/pugwonk/lego-animate) and was wondering about the feasibility of somehow working it into this too (because life is a bit too short for POV-Ray when it comes to animation).

I had asked about an output for BlueRender, @msx80's other rendering program and he said it could probably be done. I am not sure how soon that will come about tho.

Edit - apparently I cant read hahaha

Edited by supertruper1988

Hi guys, I'm using Bluerender, but i'm not totally satisfied by it. I read about a patch that can make it more realistic, but i cannot find it anywhere.

Anyone can help?

1 hour ago, DavideSacra said:

Hi guys, I'm using Bluerender, but i'm not totally satisfied by it. I read about a patch that can make it more realistic, but i cannot find it anywhere.

Anyone can help?

Sunflowermod, but the maker of it removed his patch and made his own renderer. Google for it, should be easy to find :) not going to place link here cause i feel it is disrespecting msx80 ;) *feels kind of advertising for other seller in someones sale thread