msx80

[Software] Bluerender, a rendering engine for LDD

Hi, I just downloaded Bleurender.

But I have a problem, I only get black and white image's.

See picture below:

Lego station complete

Can one of you help me to get a collored picture.

22 minutes ago, fastbjorn said:

Hi, I just downloaded Bleurender.

But I have a problem, I only get black and white image's.

See picture below:

<image>

Can one of you help me to get a collored picture.

You probably have selected Wireframe/preview option.

wireframe preview.png

This is amazing. It's so easy to setup and use. Thanks for making this!

It would be nice to render in a isometric projection for a few ideas I had but that might be difficult to implement considering it takes the camera angle from LDD.

Forgive me if this has already been discussed, but is there a way to make specific bricks self-illuminating, ie like phosphorescent bricks in real life (for example the "ghost" piece used in old Castle sets)?

hi, i need a help for making my renders more better:

- how can i change the angle of light? is possible? if yes, i do it in bluerender or in ldd? if not... i'll cry a bit

- in the options inside bluerender i see i can change the color of ground plane and background... how they works? because if i set the color of ground plane (black for example, and the background setting on white), the render shows me the model and all black background... if i set the color of background (black for example, and the ground plane setting on white), the render shows me the model, a white background and one black line on top of my image...

i want to make an image with my model as i can see if i put a real brick model on a table... black table (or ground) and white wall on background...

p.s.: i see on internet some beautyfull renderings with a mirror effect on the ground... maybe made with pov-ray... i can do the same effect with bluerender?

Edited by Rustinidiel

13 hours ago, Rustinidiel said:

hi, i need a help for making my renders more better:

- how can i change the angle of light? is possible? if yes, i do it in bluerender or in ldd? if not... i'll cry a bit

Yes, you can change lighting. You'll have to edit scene.sc file in order to achieve this. Default scene.sc is located in the Bluerender directory. However, it's a good idea to use separate scene files for every build. Just copy the default scene.sc and paste in the same location as your lxf file and and name it the same (so you have your_build.lxf and your_build.sc next to each other). Bluerender will detect it automatically.

13 hours ago, Rustinidiel said:

- in the options inside bluerender i see i can change the color of ground plane and background... how they works? because if i set the color of ground plane (black for example, and the background setting on white), the render shows me the model and all black background... if i set the color of background (black for example, and the ground plane setting on white), the render shows me the model, a white background and one black line on top of my image...

Ground plane is just a ground under your build, background is basically a sky. Depending on angle, you may see only the ground, a thin line at the top of your image or large part of a "sky".

14 hours ago, Rustinidiel said:

p.s.: i see on internet some beautyfull renderings with a mirror effect on the ground... maybe made with pov-ray... i can do the same effect with bluerender?

It's possible. But again, you'll have to customize scene.sc.

Read posts from here onward, your answers have already been answered to some degree. ;)

9 hours ago, inkpanther said:

Yes, you can change lighting. You'll have to edit scene.sc file in order to achieve this. Default scene.sc is located in the Bluerender directory. However, it's a good idea to use separate scene files for every build. Just copy the default scene.sc and paste in the same location as your lxf file and and name it the same (so you have your_build.lxf and your_build.sc next to each other). Bluerender will detect it automatically.

Ground plane is just a ground under your build, background is basically a sky. Depending on angle, you may see only the ground, a thin line at the top of your image or large part of a "sky".

It's possible. But again, you'll have to customize scene.sc.

Read posts from here onward, your answers have already been answered to some degree. ;)

thaks for the reply!

i opened the scene.sc but not understand how to modify to gain the result i want...

there is a tutorial or someone can help me (here or in pm) for learn the knowledges i need to do a good rendering with bluerender?

Edited by Rustinidiel

Here's a landmark from my hometown - Cathedral of Sts. Peter and Paul in Legnica. It still needs some tinkering.

640x640.jpg 640x640.jpg 640x640.jpg              

I have used Bluerender to showcase my re-creation of one of my favourite minifigures of all time - in a slightly bigger scale (~2800 pieces). I'm still waiting for some parts, then I can also build the real thing - thanks to Blueprint! :wink:

l44QlZ59P1xMBD64o.gif

Hi

Do you know which number of material represents which colour in scene.sc file?

I would be very grateful for your answeres to this question.

Edited by lookl

58 minutes ago, SylvainLS said:

Numbers are Lego’s. You can see them in LDD (e.g. in the status line when you select a part in your model, the number and name of the colour is displayed).

Look at Ryan Howerter’s page for a comprehensive list.

Thanks a lot

Hello!! I am a Bluerender Mac user!!

Unfortunately, when Bluerender opens (took a long time to do that, thanks to @Ellisss_2 for his help) it needs me to select the LDD database by looking manually through folders. But where do I find the database? The LDD Application is greyed out and un-selectable.

Error%202_zpsj9ykcibe.png

Please help!!

UPDATE #1: I managed to get to the Macintosh HD file and to "Application Support". However, there is no "LEGO Company" file. Does anyone know a solution to this? Thanks!!

UPDATE #2: I managed to load the file onto Bluerender, but now it crashes every time I open it. Please help!!

Edited by VaderFan2187

I have downloaded Homebrew, Java, and Java Runtime, and have followed the instructions given here. However, it STILL crashes whenever I open it.

Please help!!! :sceptic:

@VaderFan2187 I have a MacOS bundle for Bluerender if you want. It got java bundle it it, so should work out of the box : http://dl.bbqsoftwares.com/LDD/Bluerender.zip

FYI, the `db.lif` file is in you home folder, `~/Library/Application Support/LEGO Company/LEGO Digital Designer`. You need LDD installed (and run it once).

Edited by Malou

Thank you @Malou.

P.S. your profile pic is awesome

EDIT: Strange, it still doesn't work. Maybe my Mac is too old.

Edited by VaderFan2187

On 28/12/2016 at 9:51 PM, Ambo100 said:

This is amazing. It's so easy to setup and use. Thanks for making this!

It would be nice to render in a isometric projection for a few ideas I had but that might be difficult to implement considering it takes the camera angle from LDD.

you can change the camera in the scene.sc file. What few ideas are you having? :)

1 hour ago, Malou said:

Install Lego Digital Designer (LDD) and open it al least once. 

It's been installed, I've run it innumerable times. The file isn't in Application Support though :look:

But there is a file called "Assets.lif" if I rightclick LDD and press "Show Package Contents". Could that be the one? Because when I select it for Bluerender, Bluerender crashes every time I open it.