msx80

[Software] Bluerender, a rendering engine for LDD

No it does not, only uses CPU (all of them).

Amazing renders btw!

Thanks, I was wondering about that because it seems to lock up the PC a slight bit when rendering larger models.

i am absolutely amazed by this rendering program

1st Photo: BlueRender with mods

24646172651_c9fa0afa05_b.jpg

Photo 2: Render by POV Ray

24112841733_73c5bfd8b8_b.jpg

Has anyone figured out how to make transparent images with this? I know it was said that it's impossible, but I desperately need images I make with this transparent.

I'm also still having trouble adding the mods, :sceptic:

Has anyone figured out how to make transparent images with this? I know it was said that it's impossible, but I desperately need images I make with this transparent.

As Nicolla already said it is simply NOT POSSIBLE in current version of SunFlow, sorry (the only somewhat best possible solution would be trying to use one CONSTANT SHADER (= one single color without darker/lighter parts that do not reflects to lighting and shadows) for background/baseplane (or in case it would still make some problem with baseplane then do not use any baseplane at all...anyway, I did not test it myself - it is just a thought concept that should work). Aster you make your render, open it up in some image editor and REMOVE THAT BG COLOR leaving just your model that can be put to any bg you want lately. :wink:

Please, can you describe me what exactly you have problem with (like sending me your testing files: .lxf + .sc)?

+ I am not sure if this shouldn't be really discussed on its own topic HERE not messing @msx80's "clean" BlueRender's posts (you know, so we really distinguish between "normal" BR and the one with the MODs). :wink:

Edited by bublible

Hi there, new to these parts. Completely naive and didn't realise that such fan forums exist! I'm super excited to have a good explore, but first off, I would like to say thank you msx80 for sharing this. I've been using POV-ray up till now, each image was taking a minimum of an hour of my PC, some more detailed shots took over 24 hours. All of the images I have rendered with Bluerender have been less than 5 minutes. Thank you so, so much!!!

Below is one of the shots I rendered earlier, only a small model, but it looks pretty neat! I'm looking forward to playing with the mods, as the level of detail of some of the pictures on this thread is stunning! Thank you so much again!

2321175-o_1abim4ev48eb13i01rppv3i1qg27-thumbnail.png

No it does not, only uses CPU (all of them).

Amazing renders btw!

Is there a way to get it to use the GPU to make the render? I'm curious if a GPU like the GTX 980 Ti can render faster than my CPU (i7 4790k)

Hey folks,

Blundering my way through editing this .sc file and getting some test renders fired off on my iMac. I've figured out the resolution thing now, and I'm fiddling with FOV.... but I can't for the life of me CENTER the model in my render. Camera on model in LDD is centered exactly how I want it, but no matter what settings I try, the render always takes up about 2/3s of the space, always situated in the upper left corner of the 2560x1440 render, leaving a big fat border of background on the right and bottom. I want to fill my render edge to edge with the model.... what setting have I missed? I suspect it's got something to do with " transform row %LDDCAMERA% " but I can't figure out what to change with it. Any tips for a newb?

Hey folks,

Blundering my way through editing this .sc file and getting some test renders fired off on my iMac. I've figured out the resolution thing now, and I'm fiddling with FOV.... but I can't for the life of me CENTER the model in my render. Camera on model in LDD is centered exactly how I want it, but no matter what settings I try, the render always takes up about 2/3s of the space, always situated in the upper left corner of the 2560x1440 render, leaving a big fat border of background on the right and bottom. I want to fill my render edge to edge with the model.... what setting have I missed? I suspect it's got something to do with " transform row %LDDCAMERA% " but I can't figure out what to change with it. Any tips for a newb?

Can you post both your lxf and sc so I can look at it?

Oh cool, you're still awake. Shot you a PM on BP a few minutes back, proceeded to figure out the .sc file on my own thanks to posts already on here. I've just recently upped the resolution a ton, so that in the end I can crop the render and get close to the size I want... so the current .sc file reflects that with a 4k x 22.5k resolution (not the aforementioned 2560x1440)

Forgive my newbness, but I don't see an attachments icon anywhere on this posting tool...

Here's my .sc quote:

# ---------------------------------

# MATERIALS

include bublible/sc/bublible_materials.sc

# DECORATIONS

# 973 = minifig torso

%##CHANGEDECOR 89309 img\d\bublible_973_proto001.png

# 3004 = brick 1x2

%##CHANGEDECOR 97277 img\d\bublible_3004p01.png

# SETUP

system

{

brickseams on

brickseams_adjustGap 0.000022

logoonstuds on

logoonstuds_adjustLOS 0.0

grainyslopes on

grainyslopes_strength 0.5

exactdecorbp on

exactdecorbp_strength 0.002

rubberbricks on

PNUT off

brickinfo off

cmdtolog off

imagefx Normal

}

trace-depths

{

diff 1

refl 2

refr 4

transshadow 0.95

}

{

% 1:1

#resolution 100 100

#resolution 300 300

#resolution 500 500

#resolution 1000 1000

% 4:3

#resolution 256 192

#resolution 512 384

#resolution 640 480

#resolution 1024 768

% 16:9

#resolution 320 180

#resolution 640 360

#resolution 1024 576

#resolution 1280 720

#resolution 1920 1080

resolution 4000 2250

#aa 0 1

aa 1 2

filter mitchell

}

camera

{

type pinhole

transform row %LDDCAMERA%

fov 37

aspect %ASPECTRATIO%

}

background

{

color 1 1 1

}

light

{

type sunsky

up 0 1 0

east 1 0 0

sundir 1 1 1

turbidity 7

samples 64

}

object

{

shader plocha

type plane

p 0 %LOWESTPOINT% 0

n 0 1 0

}

Edit: Just PM'd the LXF on Brickpicker in the meantime.

Edited by Zelgazra

Well, in this case it would be better solving this on Brickpicker (ability of attaching files)...awaiting you there while I am still awake, you know :grin:

Hi

Bluerender is a wonderful tool ! I have replaced my old POVRay and LDD2Povray with this faster and easier tool. It seems easy to make animation but I have not found any documentation about that, I think I missed it. Do you know where I can find it ?

Thanks

Hi

Bluerender is a wonderful tool ! I have replaced my old POVRay and LDD2Povray with this faster and easier tool. It seems easy to make animation but I have not found any documentation about that, I think I missed it. Do you know where I can find it ?

Thanks

No, you cannot make animations as that in BlueRender - you can, on the other hand, make 360 degree presentation of your model (BlueRendr GUI -> Parameters tab -> enable steps). :wink:

Edited by bublible

No, you cannot make animations as that in BlueRender - you can, on the other hand, make 360 degree presentation of your model (BlueRendr GUI -> Parameters tab -> enable steps). :wink:

Thanks Bublible ! I have made my first GIF, But I don't find how to publish it, Don'care, I think I can find by myself.

Thanks Bublible ! I have made my first GIF, But I don't find how to publish it, Don'care, I think I can find by myself.

:wink::thumbup:

Yo, Bluerender says it wants a db.lif but I don't have a db.lif. I have a db folder with all the contents of a db.lif. Can I just use that?

Yo, Bluerender says it wants a db.lif but I don't have a db.lif. I have a db folder with all the contents of a db.lif. Can I just use that?

I am not quite sure how Nicola exactly coded it but it definitely can make use of extracted db folder (and I'm 1000% sure of) but you probably need to have original db.lif presented too (that is: having both side by side, you know). :wink:

Edited by bublible

Hi msx80, and thank you for your work! How could somebody run the bluerender from the command line?

Thank you!

with the new version of LDD short-sleeve Arms work, but the dual-molded Legs are buggy.

The inside and the back of the legs and the toes get rendered correctly, but the front and the sides do not...

there's not a real way to do this, as bublible said the best thing is doing a render with custom uniform background and then removing it. You can remove antialiasing for better "stenciling" by removing the "filter" line at the beginning of your scene.sc

Hi there, new to these parts. Completely naive and didn't realise that such fan forums exist! I'm super excited to have a good explore, but first off, I would like to say thank you msx80 for sharing this. I've been using POV-ray up till now, each image was taking a minimum of an hour of my PC, some more detailed shots took over 24 hours. All of the images I have rendered with Bluerender have been less than 5 minutes. Thank you so, so much!!!

Below is one of the shots I rendered earlier, only a small model, but it looks pretty neat! I'm looking forward to playing with the mods, as the level of detail of some of the pictures on this thread is stunning! Thank you so much again!

2321175-o_1abim4ev48eb13i01rppv3i1qg27-thumbnail.png

Thanks :D Great to hear people enjoing my software! Nice little render there :)

Is there a way to get it to use the GPU to make the render? I'm curious if a GPU like the GTX 980 Ti can render faster than my CPU (i7 4790k)

Tecnically, yes, but that means rewriting the whole renderer (sunflow) which is nearly impossible :D

Hey folks,

I don't know if i'm saying something stupid, but you could try to collapse the left panel (the part selector) on LDD and center the model on the whole screen.

Hi

Thanks

There's no supported way to do animation. Some folks did them by rendering many different frames, changing setup manually in LDD. It must be painstakingly slow :P Heres some:

Ski Film

Biotron Inch Worm

Classic Space Skating

I would love to add some tool to ease this process, like rendering N interpolated frames between two models, but there are some technical issues.

It's not a spaceship this time. ;)

1280x480.jpg

Superhot! :) awesome build and render!

I'm still new at using Bluerender, and am lost on how to put in custom decorations/decals. How do you go about that?

I don't remember :P Try looking here: http://blueimaging.wikia.com/wiki/Custom_decorations

Since installing the 4.3.9 LDD Update any attempt to render my existing models with BlueRender has produced this error message: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1

Uninstalling/reinstalling 4.3.9 did not fix the error.

yes, it's the same problem of Blueprint. Can you send me the LXF that gave you the error, so i have a surefire test case ?

yes, it's the same problem of Blueprint. Can you send me the LXF that gave you the error, so i have a surefire test case ?

What's the best way to do that? I've tried with four or five different models and they've all produced that result.

Working on a model with figures that have dual molded legs - every time I render the legs turn solid one color with a glitchy colored foot. Any sort of way it can be fixed? Short sleeves work just fine.

Anyone could give me a piece of advice. I try to render my ldd files whit this, and I have the java 8. But I get this everytime I try to render: Java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsExcpetion:1

Captain Becker