msx80

[Software] Bluerender, a rendering engine for LDD

Just clic ok and it will ask you to locate the file db.lib

On mac it's located in "Library/Application Support/LEGO Company/LEGO Digital Designer" under your home folder. When the dialog open, press "cmd+shift+G" and paste this

~/Library/Application Support/LEGO Company/LEGO Digital Designer

On mac it's located in "Library/Application Support/LEGO Company/LEGO Digital Designer" under your home folder. When the dialog open, press "cmd+shift+G" and paste this

Thank you for your help!

Hello, I will add your solution to "MAC USERS" section of the initial post of my BR MOD topic HERE - thank you! :wink::thumbup:

Edited by bublible

I love how fast this program renders but I keep having a problem with the size it generates, I changed the resolution parameters and it didn't work

I instead got this...

24050152013_06f3c92e06_b.jpg

I used POV Ray before and I was able to get really nice closeups and full shots in the entire frame but it was extremely slower than BlueRender. I have seen the Flickr page of the BlueRender output renders by members here and I am jealous, I can't get mine to look that good :(

am I just doing something wrong?

anyone that can help would be very much appreciated...

I love how fast this program renders but I keep having a problem with the size it generates, I changed the resolution parameters and it didn't work

I instead got this...

I used POV Ray before and I was able to get really nice closeups and full shots in the entire frame but it was extremely slower than BlueRender. I have seen the Flickr page of the BlueRender output renders by members here and I am jealous, I can't get mine to look that good :(

am I just doing something wrong?

anyone that can help would be very much appreciated...

You have to change value for "fov" under camera settings in .sc file and/or change distance to model in LDD + in case you have used my MOD (I guess I see brick seams in your render which would suggested you did so) then you have to set your values manually in your .sc.

Edited by bublible

You have to change value for "fov" under camera settings in .sc file and/or change distance to model in LDD + in case you have used my MOD (I guess I see brick seams in your render which would suggested you did so) then you have to set your values manually in your .sc.

I'm assuming since it says 30 that means 30% ? I wanted to make a very high resolution render as a wallpaper for my desktop (2560x1440)

I very much appreciate the help :)

I'm assuming since it says 30 that means 30% ? I wanted to make a very high resolution render as a wallpaper for my desktop (2560x1440)

I very much appreciate the help :)

Ah, so you were talking about actual resolution of the rendered image (I thought your problem was that the model does not occupy much of the image)? OK, then all you have to do is go to Parameters tab in BlueRender and set your resolution there.

In case it has no effect (you are using my MOD) then you have to open your .sc file, find the line saying "resolution" and manually change it (write) to whatever you want.

Edited by bublible

Ah, so you were talking about actual resolution of the rendered image (I thought your problem was that the model does not occupy much of the image)? OK, then all you have to do is go to Parameters tab in BlueRender and set your resolution there.

In case it has no effect (you are using my MOD) then you have to open your .sc file, find the line saying "resolution" and manually change it (write) to whatever you want.

Ok I tried setting the parameters tab resolution, didn't work, I found these lines but there is more than a few resolution lines and i'm not sure which one or to delete?

here is the code:

}
{
% 1:1
#resolution 100 100
#resolution 300 300
#resolution 500 500
#resolution 1000 1000

% 4:3
#resolution 256 192
#resolution 512 384
#resolution 640 480
resolution 1024 768
#resolution 2048 1536

% 16:9
#resolution 320 180
#resolution 640 360
#resolution 1024 576
#resolution 1280 720
#resolution 1920 1080

aa 0 1
#aa 1 2
filter mitchell
}
camera
{
type pinhole
transform row %LDDCAMERA%
fov 20
aspect %ASPECTRATIO%

but you are right, I also want more of my model to be in the render rather than zoomed out. In LDD I have it exactly how I want it but the render always makes it much smaller

sometimes I hate computers lol, very time consuming sometimes lol

Ok I tried setting the parameters tab resolution, didn't work, I found these lines but there is more than a few resolution lines and i'm not sure which one or to delete?

here is the code:

}
{
#resolution 100 100
#resolution 300 300
#resolution 500 500
#resolution 1000 1000

#resolution 256 192
#resolution 512 384
#resolution 640 480
resolution 1024 768
#resolution 2048 1536

#resolution 320 180
#resolution 640 360
#resolution 1024 576
#resolution 1280 720
#resolution 1920 1080

aa 0 1
#aa 1 2
filter mitchell
}
camera
{
type pinhole
fov 20
aspect %ASPECTRATIO%

but you are right, I also want more of my model to be in the render rather than zoomed out. In LDD I have it exactly how I want it but the render always makes it much smaller

sometimes I hate computers lol, very time consuming sometimes lol

Just comment out what you do not want and lt the one you want + lower the FOV value (the lower the value the closer camera to your model will be), for example like this:

{
#resolution 100 100
#resolution 300 300
#resolution 500 500
#resolution 1000 1000

#resolution 256 192
#resolution 512 384
#resolution 640 480
#resolution 1024 768
resolution 2048 1536

#resolution 320 180
#resolution 640 360
#resolution 1024 576
#resolution 1280 720
#resolution 1920 1080

aa 0 1
#aa 1 2
filter mitchell
}
camera
{
type pinhole
fov 10
aspect %ASPECTRATIO%
}

Just comment out what you do not want and lt the one you want + lower the FOV value (the lower the value the closer camera to your model will be), for example like this:

{
#resolution 100 100
#resolution 300 300
#resolution 500 500
#resolution 1000 1000

#resolution 256 192
#resolution 512 384
#resolution 640 480
#resolution 1024 768
resolution 2048 1536

#resolution 320 180
#resolution 640 360
#resolution 1024 576
#resolution 1280 720
#resolution 1920 1080

aa 0 1
#aa 1 2
filter mitchell
}
camera
{
type pinhole
fov 10
aspect %ASPECTRATIO%
}

so like this? :)

i am very sorry I am not good at coding at all, the only type of coding I ever have done is HTML lol

}
{
#resolution 100 100 false
#resolution 300 300 false
#resolution 500 500 false
#resolution 1000 1000 false

#resolution 256 192 false
#resolution 512 384 false
#resolution 640 480 false
resolution 1024 768 false
#resolution 2048 1536 false

#resolution 320 180 false
#resolution 640 360 false
#resolution 1024 576 false
#resolution 1280 720 false
#resolution 1920 1080 false
    #resolution 2560 1440 true

aa 0 1
#aa 1 2
filter mitchell
}
camera
{
type pinhole
fov 1
aspect %ASPECTRATIO%

so like this? :)

i am very sorry I am not good at coding at all, the only type of coding I ever have done is HTML lol

}
{
#resolution 100 100 false
#resolution 300 300 false
#resolution 500 500 false
#resolution 1000 1000 false

#resolution 256 192 false
#resolution 512 384 false
#resolution 640 480 false
resolution 1024 768 false
#resolution 2048 1536 false

#resolution 320 180 false
#resolution 640 360 false
#resolution 1024 576 false
#resolution 1280 720 false
#resolution 1920 1080 false
 #resolution 2560 1440 true

aa 0 1
#aa 1 2
filter mitchell
}
camera
{
type pinhole
fov 1
aspect %ASPECTRATIO%

Ehm, no, you have still 1024x768 as active resolution (the active resolution is the one without the leading sign "#") + fov 1 is too low, rise it to 10 or so and see what it does

Ehm, no, you have still 1024x768 as active resolution (the active resolution is the one without the leading sign "#") + fov 1 is too low, rise it to 10 or so and see what it does

I see it now, i'll try it and I'll post the result.

Thanks so much for the help so far! I got the zoom fixed atleast :D

getting there :)

SUCCESS!!! :) Thank You so much!! (not sure if the rough studs are supposed to look that rough though but I like! The lighting is so much more realistic than POV Ray

24050236564_1d89dd1351_k.jpg

I am glad I could help you so you could make it right as you did. :thumbup:

As for the roughness of the slope bricks: you can set the roughness strength if you find it too strong via "grainyslopes_strength" parameter in system() block of your .sc :wink:

BTW for final render I am strongly suggesting using the higher "aa 1 2" value as it makes picture less jiggy and even the finest line will be intact and nice...try it 9took somewhat longer but the result is great!).

Now time for bed - good night (02:00 at night here...) :wacko:

Edited by bublible

FOV acts like a "camera distance from your model" setting. Use the wireframe option on the main screen to do quick tests of your various FOV settings until you find one you like.

I am glad I could help you so you could make it right as you did. :thumbup:

As for the roughness of the slope bricks: you can set the roughness strength if you find it too strong via "grainyslopes_strength" parameter in system() block of your .sc :wink:

BTW for final render I am strongly suggesting using the higher "aa 1 2" value as it makes picture less jiggy and even the finest line will be intact and nice...try it 9took somewhat longer but the result is great!).

Now time for bed - good night (02:00 at night here...) :wacko:

i switched it to the higher Anti-Alias settings

24051817134_a8c52e4c85_h.jpg

This one without high AA settings and some reason the lighting messed up.

24052579143_2f3f7cdc50_h.jpg

Edited by ncx

Wow, that 1st image is pretty impressive tho when you look more carefully you will see your minifigs are not put on the ground: I am suggesting you to go back to your LDD model, select all those minifigs and buildings that are hanging in the air and move them just a tiny bit - that way it all autoffsets to the base plane.

Edited by bublible

Those render are indeed impressive! I'll have to start playing with those .sc files ! :)

Wow, that 1st image is pretty impressive tho when you look more carefully you will see your minifigs are not put on the ground: I am suggesting you to go back to your LDD model, select all those minifigs and buildings that are hanging in the air and move them just a tiny bit - that way it all autoffsets to the base plane.

That is a glitch I seem to be fighting with everytime I import a model into the same project... :( I tried and tried to get them all level but for some reason a few of my models refuse to touch the base of the canvas.... the rendering took about 15 mins

I'll make a few more and try to fix the base problem and post the result, as of now though I have had that problem ever since the 4.3 update last year, it does it to my train tracks sometimes too.

That is a glitch I seem to be fighting with everytime I import a model into the same project... :( I tried and tried to get them all level but for some reason a few of my models refuse to touch the base of the canvas.... the rendering took about 15 mins

I'll make a few more and try to fix the base problem and post the result, as of now though I have had that problem ever since the 4.3 update last year, it does it to my train tracks sometimes too.

Just try what I wrote and it will help solving it.

In case it would be still hanging in the air then some brick(s) is/are still lower then baseplane: angle your camera (looking at the model) in LDD so that you are seeing it almost from the baseplane and side and see what brick(s) is/are lower than the rest...now just grab these and move them a bit so they offset to the righ y=0 (baseplane) height.

Edited by bublible

Just try what I wrote and it will help solving it.

In case it would be still hanging in the air then some brick(s) is/are still lower then baseplane: angle your camera (looking at the model) in LDD so that you are seeing it almost from the baseplane and side and see what brick(s) is/are lower than the rest...now just grab these and move them a bit so they offset to the righ y=0 (baseplane) height.

I fixed the canvas problem but now I am running into this now... (yellowish top half of background (no matter what angle I use) I think it might be caused by one of the models in the photo because i didn't have the problem with (photo 2) the model on the bottom

also is there a setting to disable the random brick gaps?

24716739165_7ec5964a3f_h.jpg

24716740625_3d700346ae_h.jpg

Edited by ncx

I fixed the canvas problem but now I am running into this now... (yellowish top half of background (no matter what angle I use) I think it might be caused by one of the models in the photo because i didn't have the problem with (photo 2) the model on the bottom

also is there a setting to disable the random brick gaps?

Actually it is not a problem, it is quite normal and expected behavior - it is called horizon = basically sky...lower your angle a bit.

Edited by bublible

Actually it is not a problem, it is quite normal and expected behavior - it is called horizon = basically sky...lower your angle a bit.

i kinda figured it was probably that, being the light source and all. Does it do this when you always use an angle from below facing upwards or will it always do it from an angle looking down? i tried the same angle in the photo below that one and it didn't have the horizon issue... i'll tinker with it for a while. I'm gonna problem start building a new modular in LDD so a new canvas to tinker with for a new render.

i kinda figured it was probably that, being the light source and all. Does it do this when you always use an angle from below facing upwards or will it always do it from an angle looking down? i tried the same angle in the photo below that one and it didn't have the horizon issue... i'll tinker with it for a while. I'm gonna problem start building a new modular in LDD so a new canvas to tinker with for a new render.

It does not matter wherefrom you're looking at your model: you just have to avoid situations where the overall camera's "distance focus" is too long...that is: do not look too far away from model and you'd be save (anyway you have to try - just make some really small resolution test render with no AA so it's a quick one letting you know if you are in limit or not = skyline visible/unvisible - and eventually correct your camera angle and make your final render only then).

Edited by bublible

It does not matter wherefrom you're looking at your model: you just have to avoid situations where the overall camera's "distance focus" is too long...that is: do not look too far away from model and you'd be save (anyway you have to try - just make some really small resolution test render with no AA so it's a quick one letting you know if you are in limit or not = skyline visible/unvisible - and eventually correct your camera angle and make your final render only then).

I have managed to figure out the horizon part :)

I got a question though, does the rendering process use the GPU/Video Card or your CPU? it took about 30 mins to render that last image

I got a question though, does the rendering process use the GPU/Video Card or your CPU? it took about 30 mins to render that last image

No it does not, only uses CPU (all of them).

Amazing renders btw!