msx80

[Software] Bluerender, a rendering engine for LDD

I just uninstalled and reinstalled JAVA. Everything worked for a 600 piece model but the 4700 piece walker still rendered with the orange background. As such, I imagine this is an OS problem.(I feel like I regret upgrading more and more with each passing day).

I'll definitely implement that code in the .sc file and see how it turns out. Do I need to erase any other code or can I just add it in anywhere?

Feels like a strange bug for an OS problem. Are you sure you're ok with the scene.sc etc ?

Feels like a strange bug for an OS problem. Are you sure you're ok with the scene.sc etc ?

Yes, his .sc is fine - I tested it under Win7 x64 and all was rendered as it should (that is: white bg, white bp)...I guess you should definitely test BR under Win10 (ehm, if you can, of course) as he is not the first one complaining about the combo (BR+Win10)

Edited by bublible

This works amazing, keep up the good work!

Thanx - sure, we'll try to keep it up and going... :wink:

Thanks for this great tool! Finally something I can use on Linux.

I think I've spoted a small bug: acqua colored bricks are dark grey in renders.

Edit: of course I had to mess something up with embedding images. :P

starfurytests03.png

vorchantests01.png

frazitests01.png

shuttletests02.png

Edited by inkpanther

First off I have to say that I am actually so glad seeing more and more ppl using my MODs now (brick semas, logo on studs, ...) having still on my mind all those uncouragging comments before I really introduced them saying it would not work, it's not worth it even to try to make them etc., haha - superb, very pleasant feeling, thank you guys! :tongue::devil:

Now to your "problem": I got good news for you - you did everything right, the reason for that color misbehavior is ME MYSLF as I was some time ago using that specific color for a gray baseplates as I never using it and simply forgot to change it back to its original color...I will upload new version of materials with the right color, sorry, my mistake. :sceptic:

Edited by bublible

First off I have to say that I am actually so glad seeing more and more ppl using my MODs now (brick semas, logo on studs, ...) having still on my mind all those uncouragging comments before I really introduced them saying it would not work, it's not worth it even to try to make them etc., haha - superb, very pleasant feeling, thank you guys! :tongue::devil:

Now to your "problem": I got good news for you - you did everything right, the reason for that color misbehavior is ME MYSLF as I was some time ago using that specific color for a gray baseplates as I never using it and simply forgot to change it back to its original color...I will upload new version of materials with the right color, sorry, my mistake. :sceptic:

I actually like having seams, so I'm glad I can use your mods with the software. :)

I actually like having seams, so I'm glad I can use your mods with the software. :)

Materials updated - you can try it now. :wink:

First off I have to say that I am actually so glad seeing more and more ppl using my MODs now (brick semas, logo on studs, ...) having still on my mind all those uncouragging comments before I really introduced them saying it would not work, it's not worth it even to try to make them etc., haha - superb, very pleasant feeling, thank you guys!...

Wait a Minute....there are Mods to make Seams and Logo on Studs visible? *whispering* tell me more...

The Bluerenderer is by the Way a very cool Tool.It is easy to use (even for me) and the Results look amazing.

But i also have a bunch of Questions or maybe even Bugs.

Shiny silverish Parts tend to look kinda blurred,like in this Picture (see the yellow Cars Exhaust and the tourqoise Cars Rims?)

Hotrod-Collection.lxf_00006_zpszfanmaxz.png

-Renderings from below always turn out black.Is it because of the "Groundplate" like Grid of the LDD?

-The Render in angled Steps Function is really cool,but it seems i can`t change this Setting.I thought the Settings are in Degrees but it always stays at 30 and so the Renderer makes many Renders from slightly rotated Views.Would like to make Renders per 90 Degrees for example.

Wait a Minute....there are Mods to make Seams and Logo on Studs visible? *whispering* tell me more...

The Bluerenderer is by the Way a very cool Tool.It is easy to use (even for me) and the Results look amazing.

Yes, I made it possible (besides many other useful things for BR), for more see here:

http://www.eurobrick...howtopic=114649

But i also have a bunch of Questions or maybe even Bugs.

Shiny silverish Parts tend to look kinda blurred,like in this Picture (see the yellow Cars Exhaust and the tourqoise Cars Rims?)

They have to - it is intentional: metallic is not shiny mirror it has blurred and deformed reflections + some types have even tiny grains in the color, and as SF isn't perfect one needs to make some compromises to make it look as much accurate as possible + it really depend on your .sc settings where also right lighting setup and distance from the model plays quite big role in overall image and color feeling, therefo I am suggesting go to the link I gave you above, read it all very carefully and you should be able doing much better renders then I guess (fingers crossed :laugh: ) :wink::thumbup:

-Renderings from below always turn out black.Is it because of the "Groundplate" like Grid of the LDD?

Ehm, I thought that it is quite understandable, expected and normal: imagine you would dig beneath the pavement and try to make a picture... :wink:

-The Render in angled Steps Function is really cool,but it seems i can`t change this Setting.I thought the Settings are in Degrees but it always stays at 30 and so the Renderer makes many Renders from slightly rotated Views.Would like to make Renders per 90 Degrees for example.

This question is actually for @msx80 as he makes that part himself, but I guess you could make two things:

1. make two versions of your model where one would be rotated +/-90 degree

or

2. set your model in LDD so it is facing front and then make only 4 steps in the BR GUI under Rotation, I guess it could work at least partialy. :classic:

Edited by bublible

This works amazing, keep up the good work!

I am presenting my new BR/SF achievement/MOD "Rubber Material" (click the image for FullHD version)

20151016_brrubbermaterial_preview.jpg

Edited by bublible

Maybe you can change the PlaneMaterial shader in the sc file to a nonexistent or truely transparent material?

EDIT: or simply remove the object from the sc file :grin:

The value is the number of steps, not the angle.

If you check the box and enter 4 in the field, it will render 4 images at 0°, 90°, 180° and 270° from the LXF camera.

Edited by SylvainLS

The value is the number of steps, not the angle.

If you check the box and enter 4 in the field, it will render 4 images at 0°, 90°, 180° and 270° from the LXF camera.

Ahhhhh "Facepalm"....!I`m feeling so stupid right now.Neverthought about that it`s meaning the actual Steps....argh.Of course it works now.

@bublible:Whoa,your new Materials Preview looks amazing,there is even that grizzly structure on the Roof Slope Piece :laugh:

Just installed the Sunflow Mod and the Materials from the first Page of BR,i guess the Materials belong into the Mainfolder,not the bin,right?

@bublible:Whoa,your new Materials Preview looks amazing,there is even that grizzly structure on the Roof Slope Piece :laugh:

Thanx + by "grizzly structure" you probably mean my "GrainySlopes" MOD I guess, am I right? :look::classic:

If so, then yes: there is already this option there but it is not yet publicly available as I want more stuff being added to my next MOD version, therefor you have to wait some more.

Just installed the Sunflow Mod and the Materials from the first Page of BR,i guess the Materials belong into the Mainfolder,not the bin,right?

Ehm, not quite - yes and no: you have 2 options how to implement my materials so go to my topic and read it, please. :wink:

In case something would be unclear for you feel free WRITING THERE and not here as this topic is primarily for mxs80 main work so let's not flood it, OK? :laugh:

Hi, I just downloaded your program and when I try to run the batch file, It gives me this error in the command prompt:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionerror: bluerender/Bl
ueRender : Unsupported major.minor version 52.0
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(Unknown Source)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source)
Could not find the main class: bluerender.BlueRender.  Program will exit.
Press any key to continue . . .

Help please? Your program looks really awesome from what I've heard about it and I would love to use it. :classic:

hi msx80 & bublible,

i hope you can help me?

i have converted the src of LibLDD to .net to write a converter from lxf to obj ... it works great.

but i have problems with parts with multicolor on sample COCKPIT 6X4X3(45406).

on your bluerender it works fine.

maybe can you send me a snipped from your source?

thanks in advance

jonnysp

Edited by jonnysp

hi msx80 & bublible,

i hope you can help me?

i have converted the src of LibLDD to .net to write a converter from lxf to obj ... it works great.

but i have problems with parts with multicolor on sample COCKPIT 6X4X3(45406).

on your bluerender it works fine.

maybe can you send me a snipped from your source?

thanks in advance

jonnysp

Hi there, msx80 would tell you better than me as it is his code in BlueRender src that actually prepare list of all bricks allocated in .lxf. :classic:

But, on the other hand, if it'd help you in any form: inside SunFlow - actual rendering engine for BR, every brick part that can have different color or decor is actually created as SEPARATE "BRICK" object (in form of "designID_nr", where designID is actual brick and nr is the brick "face"/part that is parsed/instanced/rendered, so for example with decorable brick #3039 you would have two entities, namely "3040_0" which is main brick geometry without the slope, and "3040_1" which would be just that slope part that can be decorated - the same would go for parts that can have different colors, not just for the bricks that have decor ability...such object is made just once and is simply instanciated everytime some brick of that type is used in the scene)... :wink:

Edited by bublible

Thank you for your tip with bluerender...

Works well and very fast, even with Java 8 from Oracle...

But there is one thing which is not the optimum...

Behind the windows it´s very dark.

Is there a way, to make rooms behind windows a little bit brighter?

Regards René

Diner modified by Meisterschnorrer, auf Flickr

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=114649

+ your lighting setup is not good enough so maybe you will also need to update that.