msx80

[Software] Bluerender, a rendering engine for LDD

That's a good idea :) i can assure janino shaders will work in bluerender, so if you want to start looking into them you could use official sunflow distribution.

:wink::thumbup:

Probably only the main sc file is "processed" by blueprint, the others are only included but no substitution/decoration is performed. Also i think it's mandatory to have an absolute path in include file, relatives won't work

I am always using abs paths when it comes to this so there is not a problem...therefor question is: will you change the code the way it will process function calls from included files too, please? :grin:

Edited by bublible

To be honest with you I am still not quite sure what are you trying to achieve exactly :grin:

BTW did you try this:

background{ color 1 1 1 }

It has "lightening" effects on objects (for example trans dark blue without this just with the sun light looks almost like black dull mirror)

I thought I was being clear. I want the sky to be something other than black in every direction so reflective surfaces don't show as black in an otherwise "sunny" image. I couldn't get a second, overhead, plane to work, and the Sunflow doc talked about a code change to tell the SunSky light to extend in all directions. When I looked at the Sunflow code for that shader it looked like it should be supported as an option. But the parser ignores that option. Of course, with no access to the source and the compiled code obfuscated, I have no idea whether his code has been modified from the Sunflow distribution or not.

If you can show me how you make a chrome part not reflect black from the sky, I would be very pleased.

I thought I was being clear. I want the sky to be something other than black in every direction so reflective surfaces don't show as black in an otherwise "sunny" image. I couldn't get a second, overhead, plane to work, and the Sunflow doc talked about a code change to tell the SunSky light to extend in all directions. When I looked at the Sunflow code for that shader it looked like it should be supported as an option. But the parser ignores that option. Of course, with no access to the source and the compiled code obfuscated, I have no idea whether his code has been modified from the Sunflow distribution or not.

If you can show me how you make a chrome part not reflect black from the sky, I would be very pleased.

OK, I will try - can you send me you texting .lxf + .sc file you are using so we have exactly the same object in the image, please? :wink:

Edited by bublible

PROBLEMS:

* for some reason BlueRender does not render some parts (flexible hoses...but other flexible hoses of the exact same type in the very same model are rendered fine) in my model tho POVRAY renders the same .lxf fine and there is also no error or any other problem with them in LDD, why? :look: On the other hand: if I render the same scene but only those hoses that were not rendered inside the "complete" scene, then they are rendered with no problem at all :wacko: , look:

4.jpg

* when some bigger models (1000+ bricks...just like tge one above) in more difficult renders ends (like using IBL lights with really big HDR image) and then I close BlueRender window there is no "Press any key to continue..." in CMD window...

Edited by bublible

Guys, I like your program and render it much brighter than in PovRay. :tongue: And when will the next version with the corrected sky?

And when will the next version with the corrected sky?

But there is no problem with the sky...? :look: It is more likely you are doing something wrong, probably having your .sc code not set up as it should...?

PROBLEMS:

* for some reason BlueRender does not render some parts (flexible hoses...but other flexible hoses of the exact same type in the very same model are rendered fine) in my model tho POVRAY renders the same .lxf fine and there is also no error or any other problem with them in LDD, why? :look: On the other hand: if I render the same scene but only those hoses that were not rendered inside the "complete" scene, then they are rendered with no problem at all :wacko:

UPDATE:

So it seems like in such complex model it RENDERS ONLY 1 INSTANCE OF THE SAME TYPE of every flexible brick...? :look:

UPDATE:

So it seems like in such complex model it RENDERS ONLY 1 INSTANCE OF THE SAME TYPE of every flexible brick...? :look:

It's very possible, maybe there's a bug in the flexibles code. i'll look into it

It's very possible, maybe there's a bug in the flexibles code. i'll look into it

Definitely: it is exactly like that + it is not about huge models, just place two flexi of the same type side by side, renders it with BlueRender and there will be only one of them rendered :sceptic:

So fingers crossed you find out where the flexi bug is :wink:

Edited by bublible

SUGGESTIONS:

* simple color gradient shader - allowing us having smooth color transition at least between two defined colors, that'd be great...and I know you can do it as you already proved your almost deity-like...or something :grin::thumbup:

Actualy funnily enough exactly this already exist in JAVA under java.awt.LinearGradientPaint and java.awt.RadialGradientPaint both with almost all attributes I wanted (except the reflection attribute, but it even have transparency if I see correctly!) so now only implement it as a shader...yayks! :thumbup::grin:

Link for Linear:

http://docs.oracle.c...dientPaint.html

Link for Radial:

http://docs.oracle.c...dientPaint.html

Edited by bublible

I dug into my Java files and found out I had two versions installed. Taking out the older one fixed most of the issues.

Gx1KLLR.png

I can run Bluerender from the batch file just fine, but if I try to render a certain model, I get another error:

pCJcISg.png

Works great!

Very cute indeed :classic:

I dug into my Java files and found out I had two versions installed. Taking out the older one fixed most of the issues.

I can run Bluerender from the batch file just fine, but if I try to render a certain model, I get another error:

Hey, you got old version - try the newest one (0.0.0.3) :wink:

I was able to fix my render with the version three, to bad I can't set the camera angle. anyways, good little software for what it does.

I was able to fix my render with the version three, to bad I can't set the camera angle. anyways, good little software for what it does.

You are setting your camera angle/view in LDD itself. :wink:

What is wrong with that, why do you need it to be done in BR also as well? :look:

If you need to change that just open your .lxf in LDD, make those camera changes, save it and re-render...viola - that's it. :sweet:

Edited by bublible

Seems like I'm getting the same error.

Are you trying to render model with decoration(s)? If so try to - just for a test - rendering it WITHOUT those decorated bricks... :wink:

Edited by bublible

Seems like there might have been a decal I didn't notice. It renders fine, now. Very good program!

jTNDOic.png

Seems like there might have been a decal I didn't notice. It renders fine, now. Very good program!

Being glad my advice helped you... :wink:

OK, I will try - can you send me you texting .lxf + .sc file you are using so we have exactly the same object in the image, please? :wink:

Please message me your email address and I will send the files.

PM-ed you a link.

OK, gonna look at it tomorrow cos today I was making one new website project and finished only a while ago (that is 01:00 at night, time to sleep now)...I will let you know then. :wink:

Edited by bublible

SOLVED:

* the only problem is that completely transparent glass object is still casting shadow which is absolutelly wrong (therefore that "blackness" all around the place) :sceptic: , so the only hope for us is to realy realy realy kindly pushing on @msx80 :grin: to implement a new attribute for an object called "noshadow" that would "bypass" such object from casting shadows :wink: (but he already said elsewhere that he won't mess up with the SunFlow code itself so the chances are almost 0% for now I guess :sceptic: ). Well, anyway, here is the result for you - BlueRender sky reflections on metalic objects:

brrt1.jpg

brrt2.jpg

BTW ibl light with HDR map was absolutelly of no help (cos I noticed and already discussed it before that it is applied wrongly), solution was to create a mesh, place it above the objects simulating kind of a sky and apply to it texture with glass shader with complete transparency... :classic:

Edited by bublible

+ besides for really accurate sky effect we simply need to achieve this concept (cos as I have said IBL does not work as it should and this solution would also solved other probs connected with "normal" ibl like ability to rotate our image as we want, blend it with solid color aka gradient etc. :wink: ):

brrt3.jpg

* to achieve hollow sphere we would simply use TEXTURED THIN GLASS SHADER if it ever worked, cos it did not (at least for me), so with its transparency set to 0 (eta 1, color 1 1 1) and with applied sky texture we could make it I guess...just those casting shadows of transparent glass would be kind of a problem

Edited by bublible