Big Sal

[M - B03] Experiment X2B03

Excerpt from the lab book of Big Sal:

Date: 27 Maian 3815.

Experiment Code: X2B03.

Lead Scientist: Big Sal.

Laboratory: Linopeia III Facility, Xenobiology Lab 2.

Aim: Investigate local wildlife for useful properties.

Excerpt ends.

17548599133_28685e3878_z.jpg

"Johnson, stop messing around with my awesomnium! That's the first batch from Ninja Nin's drilling machine, and I need to store it here because my materials lab is still being repaired."

"Fine, fine. Wait, Sal, isn't that one of the man eating yellow frogs that nearly killed Lady K's team??"

"Calm down, it's sedated. I've run all the usual tests and there's nothing interesting. Just extreme aggression, virulent toxins and regenerative abilities."

17982958349_36eaba6182_z.jpg

"Those sound pretty interesting to me Sal!"

"That's why I'm the lead scientist, and you're not. Now, let's inject it with some of my new awesomnium extract."

"Uh, that doesn't sound very safe. Especially since the combination of the extract and the regener-"

"Damn it Johnson, show some backbone for once! Science isn't about being safe!"

17982942439_6460955706_z.jpg

Method: Despite my objections on safety grounds, Johnson insists that we try injecting the new awesomnium extract into the predatory yellow amphibians discovered by Lady Kianna.

Prediction: The serum may react in an unpredictable manner with the creature's regenerative abilities.

Excerpt ends.

18142658426_f8d2d15bf4_z.jpg

"Nothing's happening Sal. Let's just forget this ever happened and... WHAT THE F???!!!"

17981407980_afe3537c73_z.jpg

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

17548509973_ba56ff3dc6_z.jpg

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

17982875489_9b3d99fd63_z.jpg

18170233721_8661d2c0da_z.jpg

Results: Awesomnium extract caused extreme growth in the creature and negated the effects of the sedative. The creature was driven away by laser pistol blasts but appeared to suffer no significant injury. Its resilience may therefore also have been enhanced by the awesomnium extract.

Conclusions: A combination of the awesomnium extract and a serum from the creatures could lead to powerful combat drugs for our special forces. Extreme care will be necessary.

Safety Report: Johnson's reckless approach to science, despite my warnings, led directly to his death and the destruction of the laboratory by the enhanced creature. Were it not for my heroics in driving the creature away, dozens more lives may have been lost. Is there a chance Johnson was an Octan or Kawashita agent trying to sabotage our research?

Excerpt ends.

I had a lot of fun with this one! Comments and criticism welcome. Here's the whole build:

17548476173_b2566762ae_z.jpg

(Ok, so I forgot to take a photo before the lab was destroyed :blush: )

Edited by Big Sal

Amazing, I like how this lab has a window for looking outside. Good job on all the many details and that huge yellow frog is awesome!

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh:

Absolutely brilliant.

And beautifully built, too!

Great...now you have a super sized man eating yellow frog on the loose! :laugh:

EDIT:

Amazing details, btw! The hanging pipettemen, the M.A.N.T.I.S colored microscopes, the stack of petri plates, the flask shaker, the heat plates/magnetic stirrers, the thermocyclers, the biosafety cabinet/hood, and the centrifuge! And the gel electrophoresis box and gel imager! And a brilliant weigh scale! OMG, a pH meter! And, of course, the coffee mugs all throughout -- safety first! :laugh:

This is wonderfully thought out! :thumbup:

Edited by pombe

Kawashita bastards! They've gone too far this time. And their scientist even took his own life. Coward. We'll have to contain this creature, maybe give their nearest colony a special delivery, courtesy of M.A.N.T.I.S. This transgression will not be forgotten.

Awesome build, that's a fantastic lab setup. :thumbup: :thumbup:

this is awesome, aside from being funny, the lab is arranged in such a genuine, realistic manner. so many great details and excellent use of the window/desert outside,

Ah! Excellent MoC! Gorgeous lab equiptment! The microscope (and slides/petri dishes! NPU!), The hotplates (with clamp!) Are all stellar! And I love the use of the Explorien Alien Fossils! :wub:

Your flagrant disregard for lab protocol on the other hand seems to just keep ruining your lab equiptment and killing our competitive intelligence agents your lab assistants! :tongue:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

Thanks everyone!

Amazing details, btw! The hanging pipettemen, the M.A.N.T.I.S colored microscopes, the stack of petri plates, the flask shaker, the heat plates/magnetic stirrers, the thermocyclers, the biosafety cabinet/hood, and the centrifuge! And the gel electrophoresis box and gel imager! And a brilliant weigh scale! OMG, a pH meter! And, of course, the coffee mugs all throughout -- safety first! :laugh:

Haha, thanks pombe! Glad everything was recognisable to a fellow scientist :classic:

Thanks everyone!

Haha, thanks pombe! Glad everything was recognisable to a fellow scientist :classic:

Oh, it's an automatic stirrer, not a clamp. How could I be so dense. :blush::laugh:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

....the heat plates/magnetic stirrers...

Oh, it's an automatic stirrer, not a clamp.

Are you talking about the coffee machine? :tongue:

Are you talking about the coffee machine? :tongue:

No coffee in the labs! :hmpf_bad:

Unless you're extracting caffeine for practice, that is. :wink::tongue:

Really outstanding details! :grin:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

I wonder whether the giant frog will make another appearance in one of your later builds...

Great work!

Is it just me, or is your character a huge hypocrite - being excessively reckless, blaming it on Johnson and then getting him killed? Classic MANTIS...

Wow. Awesome! Hilariously amazing story, and you are really good at making labs too!

That frog...is...amazing..! All the details you added, to the most minor one, really help this look like a lab! I love the petri dishes and the equipment a lot, you really paid attention to detail!

Love the build and the story! :grin: Your labs are absolutely perfect in detail!

We will name him Guard Frog and post signs saying 'Beware of Attack Frog' to discourage unwanted visitors. :laugh:

Edited by Lady K

Man oh man, that is a SWEET lab! :wub: I actually laughed out loud when I scrolled to the first giant frog picture too! :laugh:

Fantastic lab and a fun story.

(I'm an Kawashita spy so secret I dont have a sigfig yet. I'll be joining soon)

:laugh: Very funny story. Big Sal desperately needs a safety officer in the lab though. Very nice interior! :thumbup:

Nice to see the batch of samples arrived "safely" in your lab .... and Johnson didn't mess them up ....

I like how this mutation goes .... we can create armies of giant creatures from different planets as our defense system ....

Let me know if you need a bigger cage ...

Absolutely great story by the way, and lots of details in the lab I like !