Sign in to follow this  
Boxerlego

[Challenge 1] Jen's Star mountain side

[Challenge 1]

Jen's Star Mountain Side

Well with the help from the tutorials here is my first Snot scene done in LDD and render with POV ray. This build represent Jens Stars Mountainous Terrain with near vertical mountain side cliffs that have hidden pocket of crystals along with vast fields of wild flowers. I made most of the mountain scene with my own bricks on a flat base plate but then I had to moved my build to LDD to complete the landscape because I wanted a detailed rocky terrain look then just a mountain scene connected to a flat base plate.

001_jenstar_mountain_side.png

Link to a Full Size Picture

Some very nice SNOT work for a first time. I like the subtle depths of the stones, laying down in the grass as well those holes in the rock formations.

Very good build, I am reading over the tutorials as well for the snot builds, I wish I had POV, LDD I have...nice render as well.

Nicely done for your first Snot build! I like the layering of the rock. :classic:

Great SNOT work and rock work!

Thanks Pombe!

Nice one! I like the little caves full of crystals!

Thanks Big Sal! Yes your very right about that, The caves appear little on the outside but it opens up on the inside so chances are some caves can have more crystals in there then the ones you can see.

Some very nice SNOT work for a first time. I like the subtle depths of the stones, laying down in the grass as well those holes in the rock formations.

Thanks Orange Leader! Now I want to say that this is my first time doing SNOT build for a landscape scene, I never built anything like that before but I'm well familiar with how to build with SNOT techniques.

Very good build, I am reading over the tutorials as well for the snot builds, I wish I had POV, LDD I have...nice render as well.

Thanks Jody Meyer! I've been trying to use POV ray since I have had LDD on my computer but it has never worked up until I updated it to 3.7 which was about last week ago. Finally It works, picture takes about an hour or 2 to render on the lowest setting.

Nicely done for your first Snot build! I like the layering of the rock. :classic:

Thanks Lady K! I'm glad you like my first Snot build. It was very fun to build. However I'm well aware with how to build with SNOT for the most part but after going over the tutorial gave me a very good idea on how to construct rock formations so I just took off with it in all directions. :classic:

Neat snot work! I like how you can actually see the crystals inside!

Thanks Commander Beltar!