mikaelsol

What is Lego Worlds?

But surely there are those pin parts in other buildable sets, right? Like the Creator ones?

Now I'm wanting to see someone do Fallingwater and Robie House.

Q: Is Technic in here?

Here's Fallingwater:

http://i.imgur.com/Pek2IxW.jpg

I just imported that from LDD though, so it's like a miniature in the gameworld. I built Farnsworth House myself though, the scale is a little off and some pieces were missing meaning the interior isn't exactly right though.

Robie House should be doable as it just uses standard bricks. The 1x1's might translate to 4x4's?

But surely there are those pin parts in other buildable sets, right? Like the Creator ones?

Yes, but there also minifig parts in Creator sets, and those aren't in Lego Worlds yet either. (In the building brick system, that is.) The Creator set in the game is actually made up of several interactable components similar to the smashables from previous Lego games, meaning that a lot of the parts used are not in the brick system, and using the remove terrain on the building will destroy an entire section since its all one "piece" in the code, similar to how vehicles are handled. Lego Universe's properties did have a lot (and I mean a LOT) of various bricks in all shapes and sizes, so I expect that this game will probably have more added in the future as well. Curved and arc pieces, and other various studs-up parts could be added fairly easily. I'm not sure if the game's code supports sideways-building and hinges/advanced rotation, though. If it has those (or has support for that added), then the game would be able to support not only Technic bricks but maybe even other complex parts like ball-joints and hinged cockpits and flexible tubes. (Maybe the flexible tubes are a bit of a stretch. :tongue: )

I do wonder, though, how much hard-drive and memory usage would adding all those cause to be increased?

I'm a fan of Minecraft and modded Minecraft and being a fan of Lego after seeing this a few days ago I bought it, to my disappointment though I have the bug where the game keeps minimizing so I'm unable to play it until they come out with a fix, I don't know if there is a workaround for it, if anyone can help that would be appreciated. The game itself looks like it has so much potential, hopefully they will allow you to build your own vehicles, from cars, to planes, to boats and submarines, and first person would be awesome too.

I have some ideas about what's to come after digging through unused game files

There's references to large, throwable rocks with a comment by the coder that specifically calls out to use for bigfigs, meaning that there may be bigfigs added eventually!

As for props, Ninjago, City, Elves, and Friends are listed, but only City and Friends have actual folders with different items inside them. I played around with the code and actually unlocked said items, and there appears to be the later option of adding a Swmp Police set and a Demolition set (sorry, it did state the set number but I cant remember off the top of my head)

There are several non-real animals like giraffes, gorillas, and even wolves that are "awaiting Lego approval," as well as a "Super Pony" that is not added due to "Lego being extremely fussy..." ;) I managed to unlock all of these and can share screenshots later.

There are also a host of new vehicles including stationary, placeable turrets that currently do nothing and "Brickbeard's Ship" that doesn't seem to exist yet (it's an empty box in my vehicles menu when I tried to hack add it in...

Lastly, besides the additional Minifigs in the city sets, you can unlock a minidoll and femal versions of all the characters. It's noted hat these are "unofficial" characters so who knows if they'll ever appear... I unlocked all as well and plan to share screenshots.

Edited by legozebra

Sorry to beat you to the punch, but here's some videos I uploaded of various unused things:

More stuff here:

And how to do it (and a lot of other stuff) yourself: http://www.rockraide...um/371-modding/

Also, a friend of mine has been toying with the saved world files (the game developers are having fun watching him):

Edited by jamesster

I have some ideas about what's to come after digging through unused game files

There's references to large, throwable rocks with a comment by the coder that specifically calls out to use for bigfigs, meaning that there may be bigfigs added eventually!

As for props, Ninjago, City, Elves, and Friends are listed, but only City and Friends have actual folders with different items inside them. I played around with the code and actually unlocked said items, and there appears to be the later option of adding a Swmp Police set and a Demolition set (sorry, it did state the set number but I cant remember off the top of my head)

There are several non-real animals like giraffes, gorillas, and even wolves that are "awaiting Lego approval," as well as a "Super Pony" that is not added due to "Lego being extremely fussy..." ;) I managed to unlock all of these and can share screenshots later.

There are also a host of new vehicles including stationary, placeable turrets that currently do nothing and "Brickbeard's Ship" that doesn't seem to exist yet (it's an empty box in my vehicles menu when I tried to hack add it in...

Lastly, besides the additional Minifigs in the city sets, you can unlock a minidoll and femal versions of all the characters. It's noted hat these are "unofficial" characters so who knows if they'll ever appear... I unlocked all as well and plan to share screenshots.

Very neat stuff!

Considering that Lego Dimensions has yet to include minidolls, it's possible that if the minidoll is officially added to Worlds (and considering that Friends and Elves props are mentioned it very well might be), Lego Worlds might end up being the first Lego video game to feature standard minifigures and minidolls side by side. As a fan of both types of figure, I'd be very happy to see that.

Very neat stuff!

Considering that Lego Dimensions has yet to include minidolls, it's possible that if the minidoll is officially added to Worlds (and considering that Friends and Elves props are mentioned it very well might be), Lego Worlds might end up being the first Lego video game to feature standard minifigures and minidolls side by side. As a fan of both types of figure, I'd be very happy to see that.

Yeah! It's actually really cool playing as the minidoll. Screenshots will be up soon!

WOAH. People found of some hiden stuff recently... There are many wild animals- Girrafes, Gorrilas, some older vechicles from sets... After some updates this game is going to be fun! I hope we will get new animals soon in new SETS to promote the game. Lego will never made this mistake again, right?

Was playing around with the ingame building. It still needs some updates to get there but it was quite fun when you start to see the limitations on how to build.

Simple things that would be nice is:

- SNOT building

- rotating of bricks in more axes

- textures on bricks and plates

But anyway here is my Ninjago blacksmith still missing interior.

Ninjago_Blacksmith.jpg

Bought it yesterday and man, I have TONS of fun even if there is barrely any content now. Exploring and building worlds is really fun, sadly the building mode is very clunky and hard to use same with ovwerwolrd controls. I still learned how to use it aftewr few hours.

And recently they added ocean content!

Edited by Lordofdragonss

Have we ever got a minifigure released in Lego Worlds that wasn’t a physical minifigure before?

Here’s a new one:

Reckon we’ll ever see it physically?

17 minutes ago, J4ck said:

Have we ever got a minifigure released in Lego Worlds that wasn’t a physical minifigure before?

Here’s a new one:

Reckon we’ll ever see it physically?

That's the Troublemaker, and they're neither new to the game nor a playable character. They're more along the lines of an enemy creature that you can track down and capture for rewards. I doubt we'll get it physically, although I suppose you never know.

1 hour ago, Lyichir said:

That's the Troublemaker, and they're neither new to the game nor a playable character. They're more along the lines of an enemy creature that you can track down and capture for rewards. I doubt we'll get it physically, although I suppose you never know.

Since I don’t play the game I didn’t know that, thank you for the information!

On 12/21/2018 at 2:39 AM, Takanuinuva said:

Did they ever release the survival update?

I believe they did that when they released the game on other platforms other than PC/Steam over a year ago. But since I don’t play or follow the game, please don’t quote me on that.