mikaelsol

What is Lego Worlds?

Hmmm. It appears it will be a game. Haven't heard anything on it, expect more info soon i guess.

Edit: thats a pretty cool building technique for the cactus though.

Edited by Legocity2713

Looks like a cross between Lego Creator from 1998, and Minecraft. I'm excited, but why haven't we heard of it before now?

That's crazy there is another high concept game coming out so close to Dimensions. I guess they didn't plan to have their website ready until the official release of the sets. Hopefully it'll be up by the 1st.

Hmm... wonder what this could be? Hopefully more information will show up soon...

^ This could be right, but would they let a mistake like that make it onto the shelves?

Very odd, as this new game looks to combine multiple themes, just as Dimensions does. What could this be? :wacko:

Apparently, it doesn't exist. http://www.lego.com/worlds/

Or the link is just not active yet

Lego has made some mistakes before, with the supposed Lego Racers game advertised on 200(9?) Racers kits that never came to fruition. I agree with TheLastToaOfLight in that it may have been a working title for lego Dimensions that slipped out, seeing all the media-related mistakes Lego has been making lately...

Or the link is just not active yet

Lego has made some mistakes before, with the supposed Lego Racers game advertised on 200(9?) Racers kits that never came to fruition. I agree with TheLastToaOfLight in that it may have been a working title for lego Dimensions that slipped out, seeing all the media-related mistakes Lego has been making lately...

Seems to be from a very early stage of development. It doesn't have a single portal.

Reminds me how the Space Police and Castle 2009 sets had ads for "LEGO Castle" and "LEGO Space" the videogames.

Reminds me how the Space Police and Castle 2009 sets had ads for "LEGO Castle" and "LEGO Space" the videogames.

I imagine in that case both games may have been rolled into "Lego Battles" for the Nintendo DS, which had Castle, Space, and Pirates levels.

That single promotional image isn't much to go on, admittedly, but it doesn't appear to me to be connected to LEGO Dimensions. The latter is very focused on characters and franchises and mashups thereof in an adventure game milieu, while this image hints at none of that. It looks more like something centered around free-form, creative building, with possibly some adventure elements on the side, but there isn't even a hint of conflict, for example, whereas LEGO Dimensions clearly has conflict between factions play a central role.

If I had to guess (and of course I'm keenly aware how foolish a guess based on this single promotional image of a game about which we know very little might look, especially in a year or two), I'd say this game looks like it might fall somewhere between the late, great LEGO Universe and the still very much alive Minecraft.

So LEGO Worlds will be a new videogame and the link isn't currently working because the set 60097 isn't officially released yet, right?

I guess something like that. I don't think it's tied to 60097 specifically, since the ad will likely appear on the instruction booklets for lots of other upcoming sets and this is just the first one we've seen, but I imagind it is indeed something for which they don't see a need to have the site up just yet.

Well it sounds promising but if they come up with not-irl-building techniques again that would be a bummer, Do 2x2 rounds with holes on the side even exist?

Well it sounds promising but if they come up with not-irl-building techniques again that would be a bummer, Do 2x2 rounds with holes on the side even exist?

They do.

P1030523.jpeg

It's in this set and two others.

Yep, they were released just this year.

well, E3 2015 is in 2 weeks and 4 days. if this game is real or fake, it will be revealed by WB Games and Traveler's Tales during the gaming event.

Edited by Savage Oppress

Yep, they were released just this year.

*Last

They are Chopper's torso from Star Wars Rebels. They don't list it on Bricklink in dark bluish gray being that it's a minifig part.

Now if only they were released in black. That way I can start my Skullkin mining facility a la Lego Universe...

Speaking of Lego Universe... I can't make any assumptions at this point for "Worlds" for if I do, I fear that I'll be seriously disappointed in the end.

All of my hype is eagerly waiting for a reveal.

(inb4 this was an early promo for Dimensions)

Edited by Penkid11