Sign in to follow this  
john cleese

ron paul and the mosaics live in concert!

well Gyl you said to take our political views of ron paul to the community forum and thats just what i did.

Do you think ron paul offers a fresh perspective or do you think he's an indecisive idiot? And are you not buying the ron paul mosaic simply because the proceeds go to support his campaign?

I personally like many of this guys ideas, even if i disagree about the fact he thinks we should get rid of the UN. Well the debate is on.

And are you not buying the ron paul mosaic simply because the proceeds go to support his campaign?

I can't see a problem with that as who would want it unless they already liked him! :-P

Only 1/5th on the sale price is going to Ron Paul. I still need to make money, too! X-D Where else would I get the money to buy more legos? :-D Lets not talk about the mosaic here, keep this for Ron Paul's ideas. There is a seperate thread for the mosaic.

Well, at the risk of creating a ruckus....

I am not a huge Ron Paul fan, I must confess. It's ironic that we are talking about him in light of our discussion yesterday. There is much of the "conspiracy theorist" about him and I find him a bit scary. He is not a candidate that will appeal to women or minorities. At all. It's impossible for me to picture him as the CIC.

On the other hand, he seems much closer to Thomas Jefferson than any of the other candidates. Some really unique notions about income tax, health care, telecommunication regulation, and society in general. He is a true libertarian, and wants as little government intervention as possible. I'm pretty sure Thomas Jefferson would vote for him, and I wish some of the more mainstream candidtes borrowed a bit from him.

His supporters sometimes are so extreme in their support that they are scary too. They spam up the blogs and forums, and really have done more to harm his cause than to help him with the mainstream voters. That's my view anyway.

But I'm not dissing the man Sir Nadroj. He is the most interesting candidate in the election. But he can't win. Possibly he can use the recognition he gained from this election, try to make himself more "palatable" in the next 4-8 years, and then try again with a much better chance.

well as steven colbert said to ron paul "You are a mystery wrapped in an enigma, wrapped in a sesame seed bun of mystery."

Yes he has a strange philosophy and i cant understand it myself, i see him as somewhat of an anarchist in that he is against all government institutions, but he is against gun control. You have to admit he offers a fresh and zany perspective though.

He's selling a classic conservative agenda with an anti-war 'twist' to wheel in some Democrats and separate him from pro-war Republicans, even though even most Reps are too smart to attach themselves to it by this point. Just going to his website, he essentially compares immigrants to terrorists. Also, the anti-abortion stance is a dead giveaway for a 'moral' Christian conservative platform, indicating an anti-gay marriage stance and more support for church tax breaks, especially added to his classic Republican tax cut vote-winner stance. In my opinion, he's only popular because all the Christian Republicans need someone to attach to now that Dubya is dried up and mostly everybody realizes it was a bad idea to elect him.

So, no thanks. I'm crossing my fingers for Biden.

He's selling a classic conservative agenda with an anti-war 'twist' to wheel in some Democrats and separate him from pro-war Republicans, even though even most Reps are too smart to attach themselves to it by this point. Just going to his website, he essentially compares immigrants to terrorists. Also, the anti-abortion stance is a dead giveaway for a 'moral' Christian conservative platform, indicating an anti-gay marriage stance and more support for church tax breaks, especially added to his classic Republican tax cut vote-winner stance. In my opinion, he's only popular because all the Christian Republicans need someone to attach to now that Dubya is dried up and mostly everybody realizes it was a bad idea to elect him.

So, no thanks. I'm crossing my fingers for Biden.

yeah I've never studied the man that closely, I've only seen two interviews, but he hasnt a hope in hell anyway. So why bother?

yeah I've never studied the man that closely, I've only seen two interviews, but he hasnt a hope in hell anyway. So why bother?

I don't want to start an argument, but he won how many straw polls? ;-)

Other candidates don't like him, but most of america does!

And remeber the mosaic is still for sale! ;-)

Edited by SirNadroj

Sorry about the double-post, but here's my Ron Paul minifigure!

RonPaul.jpg

I'm Sir Nadroj, and I approve this message:

RonPaulandSirNadroj.jpg

Simple, but effective, wouldn't ya say? ;-)