Sign in to follow this  
Gobernador

Madrid, 2 de Mayo 1808 (Napoleonic Wars)

Hyperion and me, ALE! members, create this scene of the Dos de Mayo Uprising in Madrid, 1808 in the war between Spain and Napoleonic Army.

We use three famous pictures to provide storyline.

Goya Tres de Mayo

FUSILAMIENTOS%20GOYA_zpsly6piexf.jpg

Dumont Malasaña Dead

malasantildea_zpsjzuicl5x.jpg

Manuel Castellano, Daoiz y Velarde defense of Monteleon Artillery Park

muertedaoiz%20Manuel%20Castellano_zpsj88yzp5o.jpg

We recreate several historical character as Goya, Daoiz, Velarde, Malasaña....

DSC03880_zpssqcjfa0f.jpg

DSC03899_zpsjisog1gp.jpg

DSC03853_zpstu9ce4qu.jpg

DSC03852_zpsjsh4smma.jpg

goya_zpsgv88teeg.jpg

DSC03843_zpsudjmhe3k.jpg

DSC03831_zpsvn4j3atj.jpg

muerte%20malasantildea_zpsddxtgxel.jpg

DSC03833_zpse2qpfhnk.jpg

DSC03879_zpsn6uqjw1j.jpg

DSC03892_zpsq7ertla3.jpg

Holy cow man. This is amazing. Excellent job. its everything a MOC should be, detailed, accurate, fun, and appealing to the eye. I love it!!!!!!!!! pirate_satisfied.gifpirate_satisfied.gifpirate_satisfied.gif

Edited by Legocity2713

Beautiful. I am a big fan of recreating paintings and historic places. Would be cool if you would make La Haye Sainte or Hougoumont, two important buildings in the Battle of Waterloo!

Absolutely phantastic. I am very impressed.

Buildings and minifigs are world class.

(Fountain is also nice, but that is almost besides the point)

:thumbup:

Great MOC! The church and the house with the exposed rafters are both excellent. Your concept of recreating several paintings in one scene is very creative.

I have the greatest appreciation for historically correct builds and this is simply splendid. The concept of making a single scene from three different paintings is unique and the designs and techniques of the buildings are all very good. The activity looks great as well (except for the silly trooper). I also like the fountain, but then I usually do. Excellent work!

I(except for the silly trooper).

The S. Trooper its an Easter Egg fron a contest, the scene was exposed in Alebricks2015, our principal event in Spain.

Many thanks for your comments!

Great MOC!!!!! I really like it, but I think you should use modern bluecoats instead that old 1989 bluecoats.

By the way you may recognize me because I have the same avatar I have in Hispalug. Hope to see you here more times!!!

Excellent work. Is the glass fireplace on the street part of the easter egg hunt?

Great MOC!!!!! I really like it, but I think you should use modern bluecoats instead that old 1989 bluecoats.

By the way you may recognize me because I have the same avatar I have in Hispalug. Hope to see you here more times!!!

Hi, I recognize you! And I used Modern and old bluecoats. Its expensive for me have a lot modern, but i have a lot old bluecoats!

Excellent work. Is the glass fireplace on the street part of the easter egg hunt?

The fireplace its really a lamp, as you can see in goya´s "Fusilamientos del 3 de Mayo" in this work its very importan the use of the light, Madrid people are iluminated but french soldiers stay in shadows.

AWESOME layout of the battle, congrats for you and your comrades on being front paged 'Gobernador'.......Brick On ! pirate_laugh2.gif

Great concept for a fantastic build. Packed full of details and captured scenes. There is something sinister about the lego minifig 'smile' on the advancing troops pirate_classic.gif Great work!

Very wonderful collaboration!

I never knew Storm Troopers were French or Spanish. :laugh:

DSC03833_zpse2qpfhnk.jpg