Hanso

Old sets rebuild with (mostly) new bricks

Don't know if this section is the right place for this. Wanted to share the following: I have rebuild my old Lego with (mostly) new bricks. The result is in the picture.

17884210440_7b972c16eb_b.jpg

The Lego Technic 850 Fork lift was the first Lego Technic set that I got when I was 9 or 10 years old. The Lego 392 Formula One was also one of my favorites. I really loved the smooth lines at that time. A huge difference with the Lego of today.

The Lego 396 Thatcher Perkins was a set that a friend of my had. He asked me to build it for him, since then it was one of my sets on the wish list. But too expensive at that time. Building it from scratch was a real "back in time" moment.

All the bricks are new, besides the wheels. The stickers are not available anymore, but the result is good enough for me ;-)

/Hans

It must have been some lovely nostalgic building for you. Have you got pics of the train and car on their own as well?

Not yet. Can do that if you want.

The Lego 392 is not completely finished yet, I am still waiting for two bricks that I have ordered in Denmark (via Bricklink).

/Hans

More detailed pictures available in my Flickr album:

Edited by Hanso

I just took a look at your photos. I really love the train, it's so blocky but it looks so right. Thanks for sharing with us.

Some other Lego I owned in the past that are on my wish list to rebuild some day (but it cost time and especially money, so it will be after the summer):

Lego 391:

17632907944_a226b015bf_b.jpg

Lego 853:

18255525555_8394b8ab26_b.jpg

/Hans

Started building and collecting the needed bricks for the Renault 1926 (set 391). Keep you updated.

19651089960_e9caf334a0_b.jpg

On the photo you see the bricks I already have. I have order the missing ones at Bricklink (~ 15 euro).

/Hans

Edited by Hanso

Received the first order with missing bricks. Only two blue slope bricks and the white wheels are still missing (ordered them via BL).

19720429509_eda81428d6.jpg.

More pictures of my rebuild models and more at https://flic.kr/s/aHsk6mbqgL .

/Hans

Edited by Hanso

Also rebuilding the Lego 390 (Cadillac 1913). Never owned this one, but thanks to the free available building instructions and Bricklink, I will own it soon ;-)

20016627262_23011a57f4_z.jpg

The current status is:

19814337879_029d2ab72b_z.jpg

Two Bricklink orders in process. The yellow lights are hard to get. I will check my own old Lego first ;-)

/Hans

Edited by Hanso

I rebuilt 6927 All Terrain Vehicle from the Classic Space line using new parts when I could get them. I only resorted to used parts when I couldn't find them new.

I had the set when it came out in the early 1980s, but none of the parts in my reconstruction were from my original. My mother gave all my LEGO to charity when I entered my DA a looong time ago.

Here's the result of my reconstruction:

atv_a_full.jpg

atv_c_transporter.jpg

atv_b_lab.jpg

atv_d_minifigs.jpg

I rebuilt 6927 All Terrain Vehicle from the Classic Space line using new parts when I could get them. I only resorted to used parts when I couldn't find them new.

I had the set when it came out in the early 1980s, but none of the parts in my reconstruction were from my original. My mother gave all my LEGO to charity when I entered my DA a looong time ago.

Here's the result of my reconstruction:

atv_a_full.jpg

atv_c_transporter.jpg

atv_b_lab.jpg

atv_d_minifigs.jpg

Looks great, I had in my childhood also a lot of the Space theme.

The 391 is finished:

19967675694_90f49ff6d4_z.jpg

/Hans

Finished building the Lego 391 - Cadillac 1913. I like the result, all bricks are new apart from the yellow lights, the windows and the wheels.

20617477948_effb8f1530_b.jpg

More pictures (including an overview of all old sets that I have rebuilded), can be viewed on my Flickr page: https://flic.kr/s/aHsk6mbqgL

Enjoy.

/Hans

Edited by Hanso

Really nice to see these rebuilds. I just love the colours of the old technic sets.

@Hanso: your work is ACE...:-)

What does "ACE" mean, don't know that abbreviation.

Hopefully it something positive...

/Hans

Last year, I rebuilt my 1986 1555 Santa Claus. Many years ago, I kragled it together to make it into an ornament. I decided I wanted to rebuild it, so I got the correct modern parts...excepting the face and red slopes, which I salvaged from the original.

What does "ACE" mean, don't know that abbreviation.

Hopefully it something positive...

/Hans

Ofcourse positive and it means: superb :-)

It's always nice seeing the brightness of new bricks! Now if only Lego could get their coloring just a little more consistent...