Sign in to follow this  
lightningtiger

MOC - Mechanics Store

Something different, a store for mechanics to buy their tools and machine spare parts.

1432528554m_DISPLAY.jpg14325285551_DISPLAY.jpg14325285552_DISPLAY.jpg14325285553_DISPLAY.jpg14325285564_DISPLAY.jpg

This will end up sitting along side of the tyre dealership.

Keep watching !

definitely got that country-town feel... it's like a storefront I'd see in any rural victorian town! :)

Thanks 'RohanBeckett', this will take it's place in my Aussie layout for next years Brick-a-laide.

It is based on a photo of an old bearing store/auto engineering workshop in North Adelaide back in the 1950's.

I'm planning a few interior changes to make the walls look more full and industrical/mechanical.......keep watching !

Just though I would post the inspiration image for this design, look closely at the shop attached to the workshop in the picture.

B13482.jpg

Keep watching !

Yes, I keep watching!

I am still amazed how wide and "flat" the whole city will be. Just one floor for each building...

:classic:

Thanks 'Captain Braunsfeld', well you would find most small to medium size Aussie country towns to be like that. Very few two or three storey buildings, except maybe old pubs (late 19th century build).

I'm going to build some parts storage units to fill the blank spaces, only waiting on cash to buy the parts now. :blush:

Keep watching ! :grin:

planning a few interior changes to make the walls look more full and industrical/mechanical35.gif

Edited by wnledyusy

planning a few interior changes to make the walls look more full and industrical/mechanical35.gif

Oh, yes I am I have one spare parts rack done.......just waiting on Toy Corner restocking more 2x2x1 panels in blue.

Keep watching for the next update.......hopefully tomorrow sometime.

Just a quick written update, I have installed the first rack/parts storage plus modified the top of the front of the building to look a little more like the inspiration image.

Keep watching over the next two days for photo updates.

I like those new shelves in the back LT, so simple but effective. Thats a nice selection of parts in there too, I've used almost all of them in vehicle MOCs so a store like this would come in handy for spares, keep 'em coming.

I like those new shelves in the back LT, so simple but effective. Thats a nice selection of parts in there too, I've used almost all of them in vehicle MOCs so a store like this would come in handy for spares, keep 'em coming.

Thanks 'Criga88', I still need to make the signs for the front of the building.......a few days time I hope.

Work begins now on the rebuild of the tyre dealership and add on for the hardware store (rural)......keep watching !

The tyre dealership is back to being a w-i-p, but at least in this photo you can see how they go together......keep watching ! :wink:

14328991031_DISPLAY.jpg

I like all the detail in the parts store, and it looks perfect next to the tire shop. As a certified technician, I can definately relate to these businesses in particular. I hope to see more like this from you. :thumbup:

I like all the detail in the parts store, and it looks perfect next to the tire shop. As a certified technician, I can definately relate to these businesses in particular. I hope to see more like this from you. :thumbup:

Thanks 'Only Sinner', I decided to challenge myself with something slightly different.

I'm trying to get this up on Lego Ideas, but one turn down so far due to photography issues.......Keep watching !