Sign in to follow this  
Bregir

[G:A12, HC vs DK] Rising against opression

Guerilla against the DK at A12

18021040116_964dedca29_c.jpg

Not all lands of the Desert King enjoys the divine peace the myths have promised.

Thus, not all the people have agreed to give up their freedom for peace and security, and some have risen to rid themselves of the tyrants placed to keep them in check.

So is the case in the North East of Kaliphlin, where the populace is revolting against the local governor. At the banks of the dried out river in front of the city hall, they are driving the guards away and about to break down the gate to the residence to the never ending chant:

"For the Republic! For the People! For the High Council!"

Very nice architecture! The layout is quite nice, as are the 'figs.

Great work here, I really like the combo of transclear and lime for some reason! :thumbup: The brown arches also add a lot!

...not all the people have agreed to give up their freedom for peace and security...

:excited:

There it is. The angry mob with pitch forks and torches. Good theme for a GA. The arches give the building a nice shape. I'm glad not the whole Council gave up during the first weeks.

That looks like a dangerous mob! Neat facade, the lime green works pretty nicely with reddish brown. Very good use of the neat reddish brown arches too :thumbup:

My only suggestion, would be to have the doors be a bit taller, so there isn't a gap at the top :classic:

Excellent build Bregir, I really like the lime and brown color-scheme with the trans-clear windows! :wink::thumbup:

Great entry! I like the posing of the minifigures and the colour scheme :classic:

This is a unique scene and beautifully done at that. The facade looks great in those colors and the arches, pillars and illuminated plate windows are superb. I don't really like the door though; it just doesn't seem to match the rest of the scene. Perhaps the crowd offered its free remodeling expertise just before the photo was taken... The angry mob is portrayed very well with all the different poses and tools. Hammer? Check. Tomahawk? Check. Pitchfork? Check. Pickaxe? Check. Torches? Check. Broom? Che- Broom?! Hahaha! Sweep 'em on out, boys!! Back on a serious note, I like the dried-up waterway out front; it adds a little gravity to the whole situation. And I must mention the tricorne hat. It's way out of its element but being my all-time favorite Lego hat I approve anyway. The CMF baseplate roof looks good too - I've done it that way but it looks even better if you conceal the studs under some plain black tiles. Very good work!

Great scene Bregir, great colors and composition here. :thumbup: I have so many lime bricks and plates which I thought I'd never find a use for, but your build gives me some good ideas because the lime and brown combo looks very nice. The mob scene is nicely done too, and I will ditto Captain Dee on the excellent use of improvised weapons by the citizens. I'm afraid it will take more than a few lightly armed drunkards, however, to stop the Desert King at this point!

Thanks all - glad you like the unorthodox colourscheme!

There it is. The angry mob with pitch forks and torches. Good theme for a GA. The arches give the building a nice shape. I'm glad not the whole Council gave up during the first weeks.

It is in fact a wonder no one did it before. Nice counter, by the way! :thumbup:

And no, we never gave up, and never will! (Barring a few exams... But I will be back in the game soontm!! :tongue: )

That looks like a dangerous mob! Neat facade, the lime green works pretty nicely with reddish brown. Very good use of the neat reddish brown arches too :thumbup:

My only suggestion, would be to have the doors be a bit taller, so there isn't a gap at the top :classic:

Thanks, SK. The door isn't really meant to be a door, but rather a gate to an inner courtyard or garden, which is why it doesn't reach all the way up. But I see how that isn't clear in the build! :sceptic:

This is a unique scene and beautifully done at that. The facade looks great in those colors and the arches, pillars and illuminated plate windows are superb. I don't really like the door though; it just doesn't seem to match the rest of the scene. Perhaps the crowd offered its free remodeling expertise just before the photo was taken... The angry mob is portrayed very well with all the different poses and tools. Hammer? Check. Tomahawk? Check. Pitchfork? Check. Pickaxe? Check. Torches? Check. Broom? Che- Broom?! Hahaha! Sweep 'em on out, boys!! Back on a serious note, I like the dried-up waterway out front; it adds a little gravity to the whole situation. And I must mention the tricorne hat. It's way out of its element but being my all-time favorite Lego hat I approve anyway. The CMF baseplate roof looks good too - I've done it that way but it looks even better if you conceal the studs under some plain black tiles. Very good work!

Good idea with the black tiles, CD! See my comment above about the door.

I am glad you like the dried out waterway that noone else seemed to notice! :tongue:

The tricorne hat is brilliant, and I really don't find it out of place - it is a fantasy setting, afterall! :wink:

Great scene Bregir, great colors and composition here. :thumbup: I have so many lime bricks and plates which I thought I'd never find a use for, but your build gives me some good ideas because the lime and brown combo looks very nice. The mob scene is nicely done too, and I will ditto Captain Dee on the excellent use of improvised weapons by the citizens. I'm afraid it will take more than a few lightly armed drunkards, however, to stop the Desert King at this point!

To have inspired an expert like you is great praise, ME! :blush:

And if you think you can subdue the people with force or bribery, you shall soon find that on the alter of freedom, everything can be sacrificed!

Vive le Republique!