Sign in to follow this  
Purpearljellyblob

[K - D10] Exploring Hamilton

:: Diamond MK-I to HQ: Approaching D10. Permission to land. ::

:: HQ to DMK-I: Permission granted, dense asteroid field ahead, approach with caution. Objective: Locate coordinates of Awesomnium. Godspeed. ::

:: DMK-I to HQ: Roger. ::

Beep. Beep.

:: Attention Agent PPJB, high levels of Awesomnium detected, coordinates... ... ::

17965398526_4ebe464e9f_t.jpg

"Coordinates locked, landing sequence initiated."

17852599688_051549534d_b.jpg

"Landing sequence complete. No signs of life detected. Oxygen levels critically low, five minutes maximum on surface without oxygen supply. No signs of Awesomnium observed on asteroid's rock surface. Scanning immediate area for subterranean Awesomnium."

:: Attention Agent PPJB: Awesomium levels within fifty metre radius - High. ::

"Initiate DMK-I automated explorers for immediate extraction."

17852602188_83c66d8371_b.jpg

"Commencing extraction. ETC: Six hours."

After five hours...

:: Attention Agent PPJB: Storage tank full. ::

"DMK-I to HQ: DMK-I storage tank filled with Awesomnium. Preparing for return sequence."

:: HQ to DMK-I: Return sequence approved. ::

"One minute to take off..."

:: Warning: Latch disarmed. ::

18041345351_f0de05b5a9_b.jpg

Agent PPJB disengages DMK-I and obtains a last minute rock sample.

"Apologies DMK-I, toys for our hard working Scientists, for them to play with. Return sequence ready, ready to take off."

... ...

DMK-I Build

18040503575_10e384d600_b.jpg

Enjoy! :classic:

Edited by Purpearljellyblob

great storyline and wonderful mech! The base is also very well done, fantastic work all around.

Nice mech! I like the look, stocky and yet formidable. Great base and story as well! :classic:

Hmm, I thought I already posted on this one... anyway, as a big fan of all things mech, I must say I really like it. Cool, alternative design, although, it might fit better on high gravity planets rather than an asteroid belt due to it's low center oif gravity. ;)

Really cool mech here! While the upper arms I think could use just a touch of greeble, the overall shape is great! The loose part base is also quite clever!

Thanks for all the comments! :thumbup: I'm glad to be building for Kawashita and I hope I can contribute more in the future to come. :blush::classic:

Hmm, I thought I already posted on this one... anyway, as a big fan of all things mech, I must say I really like it. Cool, alternative design, although, it might fit better on high gravity planets rather than an asteroid belt due to it's low center oif gravity. ;)

Not sure if there's much gravity on the asteroid belt, but I am envisioning DMK-I to land on a rather large asteroid. :blush:

Really cool mech here! While the upper arms I think could use just a touch of greeble, the overall shape is great! The loose part base is also quite clever!

Agree with you that the upper arms could do better with some greebles, might try to incorporate that in future builds. :sweet::thumbup:

I really like the heavy-set "gorilla" look of this mech. My favorite part are the thruster "wings" on the shoulders.