Sign in to follow this  
Yzalirk

[K - D10] A Path for the Grouper

Ordered by Kawashita superiors, Wilhelm has launched an expedition to The Hamilton Belt to hear any transmissions for any alien activity. So far there has been no sign of activity in the area, so Wilhelm believes. Their old Grouper TX-51Z ship, armed with some classic plasma cannons on the sides is ready to deal with any hostiles that may pose a threat to Kawashita explorers. The Grouper, of course, is inspired by the "Goliath Grouper", an ancient specie of fish found on Earth. The ship may be slow but it sure is a juggernaut and is built to last... for a while.

6dOhQ0f.png

Edited by Goliath

Does micro-scale count as a building style? Or does it have a cockpit inside it?

I'm confused by your first question but the two transparent bricks make up the cockpit.

I'm confused by your first question but the two transparent bricks make up the cockpit.

I thought we were supposed to stick to minifigure scale, but after consulting the rules, apparently there is no such restraint:
There is no constraint on building style

I really love the shape of this vehicle... Out of the box, certainly KG tech

Completely agree!

Completely agree!

Thanks guys, glad you like it, especially for my first ever LDD build. :classic:

Good job on your first LDD build! I like that shape and the ship design inspired by an ancient species of fish. Very nice! :classic:

Edited by Lady K

What a great spaceship! Just like in the description, it looks rugged and tough. They just don't make them like that anymore.

Good job on your first LDD build! I like that shape and the ship design inspired by an ancient species of fish. Very nice! :classic:

Nice build for your first LDD! :thumbup:

Cool little build! It certainly has a Kawashita feel to it, also great job for your first LDD build!

What a great spaceship! Just like in the description, it looks rugged and tough. They just don't make them like that anymore.

Nice rugged design! :thumbup: What part(s) did you use for the bottom of the hull?

Thanks for the kind comments and I am glad you guys like it! :classic:

@Big Sal - I used two of these to make the hull of the ship. :wink:

This is a nice little ship. I do think microscale is a good way to deal with how so many spacefaring things are just going to be massive in scale compared to minifigs.