"The Day the Music Died"

The moment delegates from different parts of Kaliphlin were arriving with specialties for the gala diner, a group of terrorists had stormed forward shouting something like

"Four You Land Us" and "Four Kai and Flin", which nobody understood.

These armed lunatics had to be taken care of.

The Desert King's sorceresses acted swiftly and ruthlessly. Cleotete created a shining blue shield of protection around the king while killing the first assassin with magical fire.

Simultaneously Nofrepatra, the enchantress, stopped an attacker with a frightening blast of blue magical power.

Al Giwemm Fahia appeared with his famous three-prong staff of flames and set the third assassin's crossbow on fire.

Within a second an Ostrich Archer took care of the evil dwarf.

The malicious plan had failed.

800x747.jpg

800x661.jpg

Let's hear it for Al Giwemm Fahia...

800x573.jpg

and Cleotete...

800x634.jpg

as well as Nofrepatra and the brave Ostrich Archer

800x600.jpg

The hideous assassin fell from the wall to his death soon after this magical picture had been taken:

800x804.jpg

The guests arriving:

800x600.jpg

This is a counter attack to

[GA:B12 U vs. DK] The orchestra of Sultan's Gate

@marcu22: Nice building style!

Edited by Captain Braunsfeld
(pictures now on Bricksafe instead of flickr)

Awesome. Just awesome. I can't believe how fast you copied marcu's monstrous build. And to the smallest detail! The counter action itself is exactly what I imagined would happen. A bit magic and all that will last from the minstrels is ash and smoke.

It's also excellent photographed. I still struggle to make acceptable pics of builds half that size.

I knew it would be a grace to have you with us the day you declared for the Desert King! Great one!

P.s.: also credits for the humorous title!

Edited by Jacob Nion

Haha, just crazy. I really was like: "???, he photoshopped his figs into my build?"

Even for me there are just a few parts to see the difference. I'm glad you like my style, i think you spended a few hours with it ;)

Nice Job!

Ha, ha, incredible job imitating marcu's build CB, excellent counter here! :wink::thumbup:

Wow, very impressive job copying Marcu's build here! I must say I do think the yellow is an improvement. :tongue: By the way, why is the assasin holding the fireball that's about to kill him? :laugh:

:thumbup:

Wow, very impressive job copying Marcu's build here! I must say I do think the yellow is an improvement. :tongue: By the way, why is the assasin holding the fireball that's about to kill him? :laugh:

May I answer that. Originally, the Captain had the archer completely standing in flames, but he found it too brutal (something we Nocturnian team mates could just not understand). So he changed it. I guess it's his weapon that suddenly gets inflamed in his hands.

Awesome. Just awesome. I can't believe how fast you copied marcu's monstrous build. And to the smallest detail! The counter action itself is exactly what I imagined would happen. A bit magic and all that will last from the minstrels is ash and smoke.

It's also excellent photographed. I still struggle to make acceptable pics of builds half that size.

I knew it would be a grace to have you with us the day you declared for the Desert King! Great one!

P.s.: also credits for the humorous title!

Thanks - it's a pleasure to work for the DK :grin:

I was actually wondering why DK sorceresses had to be so scantily clad...

Just superb! :wub:

Awesome work here guy !

:sweet:

Haha, just crazy. I really was like: "???, he photoshopped his figs into my build?"

Even for me there are just a few parts to see the difference. I'm glad you like my style, i think you spended a few hours with it ;)

Nice Job!

I spent all of my lego time last week on it. My wife helped me to find torsos and heads, etc.

I had the model on my desk and it just looked good.

Often I think "I wish I had this other guy's MOC" - this time I have it in my room :laugh:

Well, if you look closely you can see the parts that I did not have (e.g. the smaller tan windows). And that was ok for me, as otherwise it could have been a photoshop exercise...

Ha, ha, incredible job imitating marcu's build CB, excellent counter here! :wink::thumbup:

Didn't marcu imitate my build? :laugh:

The yellow was one deliberate modification to show that it is a different build. And also, I was getting a bit tired of tan... :grin:

About the assassin: In the first version the assassin actually went up in flames. And that was a bit too brutal for my building style. That is why I changed that to his crossbow going up in flames.

(Ah Jacob has just explained this!)

Wow, this is incredible! Pretty crazy how fast you built this. :wink:

Thanks - you might wonder how many tan tiles I have left .... I had to plunder other MOCs.

The amount of duplication here is very impressive! :thumbup:

Thanks. :grin: Must be something like 90-95% (apart from the action).

Good job countering :thumbup:

Very nice counter!

Glad you think so too.

Really impressive how fast you copied Marcus build! Great counter :classic:

This is one impressive counter! You copied the original build beautifully.

Thanks - you might wonder how many tan tiles I have left .... I had to plunder other MOCs.

I know that feeling :wink: Attractive build and photos.

Nice work!

Thanks!

Really impressive how fast you copied Marcus build! Great counter :classic:

It took some time...

Incredible how closely you imitated marcu's build! *oh2* I like the cake too :classic:

Thanks. The fact that I liked marcu's build made it a lot easier.

Ah, finally the cake gets noticed! :laugh:

This is one impressive counter! You copied the original build beautifully.

:grin:

I know that feeling :wink: Attractive build and photos.

And right now the street has already been taken apart to allow building of the next MOC.

But the buildings still exist!

Pretty obvious which build you countered. Lovely recreation of the scene, and I love the cake :thumbup:

This is an exceptionally good remake of the original - so much so that they appear to be different scenes in sequence. I won't repeat the superlatives I offered the original even though they also apply here. The setting is simply beautiful and the devotion to detail is incredible. Oh, regarding the cake - it was one of the first things I spotted due to the photos loading in an unusual order. Excellent work, Captain. The brickometer is at the redline!

Pretty obvious which build you countered. Lovely recreation of the scene, and I love the cake :thumbup:

Thanks for spotting the cake :grin:

This is an exceptionally good remake of the original - so much so that they appear to be different scenes in sequence. I won't repeat the superlatives I offered the original even though they also apply here. The setting is simply beautiful and the devotion to detail is incredible. Oh, regarding the cake - it was one of the first things I spotted due to the photos loading in an unusual order. Excellent work, Captain. The brickometer is at the redline!

Thanks.

Scenes in sequence - that was the idea!

Also good to hear that you've got a brickometer :laugh:

Regarding scenes in sequence - well, yes, duh. I didn't say what I meant and made myself sound kinda foolish. Allow me to elaborate: I meant that the two individual builds look so similar - yours being such a good copy - that at a glance it looks like one person posted two different scenes using the same setting. Obviously a closer look reveals some differences, but that's the best copycat design I've ever seen. Credit the first for being an excellent build and yours for being an equally impressive remake. I meant it as a compliment. Good work, both of you.