Digger1221

MOC - The Scholar

Seated among piles of leather-bound books and ink-stained parchments, the wise and knowledgeable old scholar carefully studies the works of the past, learning from them and copying them to preserve the knowledge of days gone by for the learners of the future.

17791890669_2863d927f4_b.jpg

This is my very quickly built entry to the Byzantium Contest over on Classic Castle. When Constantinople fell in 1453, scholars who had preserved and studied the ancient Greek and Roman classics for years were forced to flee to other parts of Europe, such as Italy and France. This reintroduction of the ancient works is what rekindled European appreciation for classical thought and art and started the Renaissance.

This was a fun build, took me less than a day, which is pretty fast for me! Thanks for looking! :)

Soli Deo Gloria!

Very nice love how those pieces jut out of the wall adding some great texture. I love the detail and you really captured the feeling of the time well.

Also, the stool, cross, and books on the shelves are amazing.

Excellent job man. :classic::thumbup: :thumbup:

Edited by Legocity2713

Very inspirational. Excellent build. And not too overcrowded with stuff.

Great design!

(now I know what to do with that new Star Wars hairpiece...)

I like the overal feeling, and the stool design

Thanks everybody! :D

Wonderful build digger. How are you getting those white pieces offset in the walls like that? They're not tiles....

Glad you noticed they weren't tiles. :) As some have noticed on flickr and CC, they're actually 1x2 panels slid in upside down over a tile on a plate. :)

This looks like a nice, quiet setting... just perfect for studying. The few details look great and give the impression that the scholar is serious about his studies. Both the bookcase and table are pretty basic but they still look fine. Good work.

Excellent work! I like how you made the bookcase and all the other little details :thumbup:

I really like how it feels really simplistic (the room/setting not the build) yet really detailed at the same time. Edit* Eh not sure if I put my thoughts down correctly, but it's all meant to be positive as I really like it :)

Edited by Isundir