Dubbadgrim

6086-X Return to the Black Knight's Castle

This is an excellent remake of a classic set but it's also a pretty good design in its own right. The combination of colors is attention-grabbing and the smooth look is very good. I like the visible details and the base is fantastic, especially the rocks and water. Good work!

Wow what an amazing re-make of a great classic! I love my black knights castle set and this is such a great way to re-make that set! Very awesome.

Fantastic work! Great job staying true to the original color scheme and styling while giving the castle an awesome modern upgrade! This is probably my favorite work from you so far. :classic:

I had every intention to do something similar to this. But then my project got derailed when my basement flooded with the rain we had recently... I'm sure I'll pick it back up eventually.

Basically I wanted to recreate many old castle sets into my own versions (new pieces, new build techniques, etc). And this certainly fits the bill.

I like the overall shaping you've created. It does make you feel for the original, without actually looking at the original.

Thankyou very much everyone for the comments and feedback :laugh: Glad you guys like it!

How many pieces are in it do you think?

I built it pretty slowly and didn't really keep track of most pieces, but a bricklink order of 400 1x2s only made up a small part of the black !

Are you going to be recreating more classic castles in the near future?... :wink:

I hope to do so, It's the best use I can find for all my black bricks :sweet:

But there is one glaring error! That backwall is way to high!

Indeed, I did consider this while building. After some painstaking decision-making I decided to bring the wall up as I preferred the fuller look that it gave.

This is probably my favorite work from you so far. :classic:

Thanks :thumbup: It was considerably bigger than all my past mocs and probably took the most time (maybe about the same time as my Nobleman's Manor).

Basically I wanted to recreate many old castle sets into my own versions (new pieces, new build techniques, etc).

It's worth having a try :wink: Not a lot of people actually seem to remake sets but there are some stunning ones out there.

Awesome Castle!! The simple work on the walls looks great and proves that is not always necessary to recharge everything. Congrats!

This is a really cool version of a classic set from my childhood. Lots of great details.

Thanks for sharing! It really made me nostalgic!