AlmightyArjen

My girlfriend was away for the weekend...

Another fantastic video! Well done Arjen!

How did you make the lights for the 4544 station platform? It looks like the LED wiring runs through the white column pieces, but I didn't think those were hollow...

No indeed, the white poles aren't hollow. So I used the "not done way": I drilled them. Difficult job since you have to drill exactly straight (I don't have a colomn drill), there's no extra margin. Not every pole went right so some have a little hole in them.

Great stuff :laugh: I thought you'd discovered some secret Lego part that I wasn't aware of, but if it's just a drill then I'll buy some spares amd get to work :sweet:

Great stuff :laugh: I thought you'd discovered some secret Lego part that I wasn't aware of, but if it's just a drill then I'll buy some spares amd get to work :sweet:

I must warn you: they don't come very cheap...

Oh I know; the original 2039 piece is still expensive (I needed some for my 4558 set), but if it's just a project I'll use the newer 11062 piece, which is half the price.

I'm putting LEDs insde the Big Yellow Station which come on when it gets dark (using a light sensor), and it would be nice to have some platform lights to match. The little 3mm LEDs fit snugly insde a 2x2 round brick :classic:

Neat. It is interesting how well the old trains and the new trains look together.

Hmm, this gives me ideas for august, when the wife is out for 3 weeks ! me, myself and the living room floor filled with trains...

Hmm, this gives me ideas for august, when the wife is out for 3 weeks ! me, myself and the living room floor filled with trains...

Youtube or it didn't happen ;-)

Wow, look at them go! Well, I can say that I don't stop by this forum often, but when I do, I'm always very impressed by all the trains going around, and all the cool tracks you guys build/set up for them. Great job.

Edited by James Wellington

My cousin(s) will visit coming weekend and stay for a few days, good excuse to make the attick a mess again (next year we will move, so we have the house for sale, that gives one a few restrictions ;)). Even larger attick in the new house so plenty of room for a large layout then.

B.t.w. richfilth, nice Arduino tutorials!

About the lampposts, brickforge has lampposts that are easier for wires, not genuine LEGO, but does the job better, ruining lampposts is also a nightmare ;)

Fantastic videos! We've tried to have large layouts like that running around the living room and hallway before but they always end up getting trodden on and the trains derailed. I need to have another look at the loft...