And another castle MOC! :classic:

Here's my latest work The Blacksmith:

17321060264_04410ddbc9_b.jpg

Near the center of the village sits the home of the village blacksmith. Working out of a small shop connected to his house, the blacksmith provides trustworthy work to the local farmers, soldiers, and craftsmen who need a horse shoed, a plough sharpened, or a tool repaired. The sound of his hammer striking metal can be heard throughout the countryside, and the cozy outdoor shop often serves as the site of friendly socialization and sharing of news for the village residents.

17917165936_729aaa7bfc_b.jpg

17757254309_7ec11b44db_b.jpg

17940354112_eac371966d_b.jpg

17940289852_30714e0ef9_b.jpg

Another build incorporating the technic-pin roof technique I've been playing with. I love the way it looks and the versatility of it's shape, but it can really be a pain to work with. :wink:

Also, building houses is kinda hard...getting the roof shape and building proportions right can be complicated. Something I need to practice more. :classic:

Thanks for looking!

Soli Deo Gloria!

Great work! I really like how you made the roof and the texturing of the wall. Furthermore the use of the dark red parts is very nice, too :thumbup:

Another amazing build :classic: You sure went all out with the pin technique on this one :wink: I tried it out a bit after your previous post, but I find it hard to keep them in a straight line :sceptic: I can imagine your pain doing that whole roof hehe. I would also echo that the dark red looks really nice in your build. Great job!

Beautiful scene! The colors and textures of the walls are superb and the roof is one of the most ridiculously brilliant roof techniques I've ever seen. The base, cobblestone, vegetation and other details are nice. I can't quite make out all the fine details of the blacksmith's forge but the visible parts all look good. The use of the Pirates-theme rag hat looks better than I thought it would for this type of setting. But the roof...!! Excellent work.

Excellent work, thanks for sharing with us. Love the roof and I never thought of using the robot hand part as pliers/tongs for the blacksmith, really works as a tool.

Lovely model. I must make a roof like that to use up all of my spare technic pins!

Yeah the roof looks great, just like the rest of the building. You've made some good use of some of the new Pirate Pieces (dark red) and created a really nice moc here!

I dont emebr if i commented on flickr or not, but I absolutely love this. Maybe having just a tad less bley and a bit more dark red would be effective, and where the transition of roof - wall is gappy because of the cheese, try putting other slopes and flipping the cheese and using snot bricks to smoothen that transition. Other than that, perfect, everything about it is spot on!

David

Thanks everybody! Really appreciate the comments. :)

Another amazing build :classic: You sure went all out with the pin technique on this one :wink: I tried it out a bit after your previous post, but I find it hard to keep them in a straight line :sceptic: I can imagine your pain doing that whole roof hehe. I would also echo that the dark red looks really nice in your build. Great job!

Thanks! You really have to force the pins into a straight line, it might take a few tries. After a while it's not to hard though. :)

Is the roof stable or is just laid on there? Nice build.

Its completely attached, and relatively stable. :)

I dont emebr if i commented on flickr or not, but I absolutely love this. Maybe having just a tad less bley and a bit more dark red would be effective, and where the transition of roof - wall is gappy because of the cheese, try putting other slopes and flipping the cheese and using snot bricks to smoothen that transition. Other than that, perfect, everything about it is spot on!

David

Thanks a ton LD! Really appreciate the suggestions, totally agree about the dk red/bley, just need to build up my dk red collection. ;) Yeah, the roofline is like the hardest part, I'll keep trying to improve it! :)

What a beautiful blacksmiths you have there, everything works as it should, the colors, the details, brilliant job, well done!