Sign in to follow this  
Dragonfire

[K - B09] First Steps

Mission Log: Entry 1 ~

We landed successfully on one of Serium's many islands this morning. Leaving the crew with our pod, I set off to find the location of the beacon that we had dropped onto the planet's surface two days ago. Its analysis showed us that the atmosphere was non-toxic and we could land on solid ground. It's an extraordinary place- the islands are slanted, gradually sloping into the sea. The sandy beaches give way to grassy land, covered in strangely shaped plants and weeds. There is evidence of an alien civilisation milennia ago from the remnants of walls now sunken into the sand. Only one animal seen so far - a Slyri, a species of sea snake unique to Serium. The beacon is just in sight - I should reach it within the hour...

459ece0f-8c0e-44f2-b931-46d4bdbde439_zps8tptc0ml.jpg

feb8bab0-5066-40b0-85b7-742f26b91847_zpsnacikdhb.jpg

bfb0d19b-3c05-486d-9ef3-24639784ea1a_zpsmarulpeg.jpg

Edited by Dragonfire

A small, yet effective build. I like your story and pictures. Nice work :thumbup:

Nice build and story. I like the sea snake. :classic:

There's so much story packed in such a small build: the ancient ruins, the beacon, the beach, and the indigenous sea snake. Well done!

Nice scene Dragonfire. Have a think about using a plain smooth backdrop and how to get cleaner lighting and focus in your photos, the shadows are quiet strong here.

Thanks both of you, and robuko, I will take your advice and find a better backdrop next week!