Hey Eurobrickers! It's been a while since I posted any of my creations here (besides my SPC entry), so I thought I post a bunch of 'em here for all of you who don't follow me on flickr to enjoy!

First up, one I built last fall Aquam de Petra:

15700718561_b9e5cdc60f_b.jpg

Next, my CCC entries:

Toil in the Soil

15604424887_f7aec90dc4_b.jpg

and A Delicious Distraction

15972716018_345311d54e_b.jpg

This creation shows an unhappy nobleman, who'd really like to get some sleep:

Noisy Neighbors

15728459203_a1fa541407_b.jpg

A young boy stumbles upon some mysterious ruins in this scene:

Unexpected Discovery

16598471537_e9dd54b303_b.jpg

And my most recently posted castle MOC:

The Carpenter

17080627485_6f8980e78a_b.jpg

Check out my flickr stream for additional pictures and descriptions of all these builds and more: https://www.flickr.com/photos/91596610@N03/

I have another castle MOC waiting to be photographed that I will hopefully get posted here within the next couple days.

Hope you enjoyed this look back on my last few creations! I plan on posting here more regularly in the future, so stay tuned. ;)

Soli Deo Gloria!

-Digger

These are really amazing builds! Thanks for sharing :classic: I like your base, your sheep, your rockwork is great, as is the woodwork. All very detailed and with a very cozy factor, great work! Also my first time seeing a roof made from technic pins, but maybe that's because I'm rather new here :wink: In any case it looks really good!

I also find myself wondering how you did the protruding bricks in the top part of 'A Delicious Distraction'? Are they upside down panels slotted in?

These....are incredible. Most realistic rocks and water I've ever seen in LEGO on the first one and those sheep are pretty cute. :wink:

What a treat this was! Excellent builds, each more than deserving of its own thread and laud. Wonderful techniques all around, you certainly have an eye detailed landscapes and interior scenes. Really difficult to pick out a favorite here, but Unexpected Discovery has a stark and erie beauty to it that is particularly captivating. So many details to appreciate here, I think I will have to go back now to thoroughly enjoying these builds!

Great stuff Digger, look forward to more of your builds! Have you considered joining the Guilds of Historica, I think you would find yourself very welcome there!

Really fine work here! Some great SNOT stuff going on and I too love the pin-roof.

The interiors are great and you have something special with the scale you're working in. If any of these were giant builds, I think the care and detail you've applied would get lost.

There all very nice. I especially love the sheep and will steal that idea for sure haha. My favorite has to be the noisy neighbors! I love the design of the harp you made and the noblemans bed looks great! My second favorite is the forestmen breaking into the jail while the soldiers eat.

Wow guys, thanks so much for the positive response to these MOCs! These comments totally made my day. :')

Sometimes I get so used to the short "Nice work!" comments I get on flickr, I forget what it's like to get these kinds of constructive, detailed comments. Yay EB! :D

These are really amazing builds! Thanks for sharing :classic: I like your base, your sheep, your rockwork is great, as is the woodwork. All very detailed and with a very cozy factor, great work! Also my first time seeing a roof made from technic pins, but maybe that's because I'm rather new here :wink: In any case it looks really good!

I also find myself wondering how you did the protruding bricks in the top part of 'A Delicious Distraction'? Are they upside down panels slotted in?

Thanks man! Appreciate all the details you pointed out, those are the things I love putting in my MOCs. Hopefully you've never seen the technic pin technique before because (as far as I know) I invented it. ;)

Yes! That's exactly how it's done. I'm really impressed that you noticed those. ;) I've used them in a few MOCs, but the effect is so subtle that they're not very noticeable. I was really excited when I discovered that technique, because the panels are the exact size of a brick, as apposed to a SNOTed tile. Still think it's kind of a cool piece usage though, it's a good way to add a little texture to an otherwise flat and colorless wall. :)

These....are incredible. Most realistic rocks and water I've ever seen in LEGO on the first one and those sheep are pretty cute. :wink:

Thanks Graham! That's very high praise, appreciate it! :)

What a treat this was! Excellent builds, each more than deserving of its own thread and laud. Wonderful techniques all around, you certainly have an eye detailed landscapes and interior scenes. Really difficult to pick out a favorite here, but Unexpected Discovery has a stark and erie beauty to it that is particularly captivating. So many details to appreciate here, I think I will have to go back now to thoroughly enjoying these builds!

Great stuff Digger, look forward to more of your builds! Have you considered joining the Guilds of Historica, I think you would find yourself very welcome there!

Thank you so much! I'm glad you liked Unexpected Discovey. It's kinda one of my underdog MOCs, not as many new or unusual techniques used there, but I did try to craft an emotional scene, so glad you liked it! :)

It means so much to me that you enjoy looking at my MOCs. Hopefully I'll keep making more that are worth looking at. ;)

I have thought about joining GoH, but I really kinda prefer doing my own thing...I'm a member of LoR over at Merlin's Beard, but I've always had a hard time getting into somebody else's story...for now I'm planning on working on my own ideas and crafting my own little world, and maybe someday I'll get involved in of those roleplaying games. :)

Really fine work here! Some great SNOT stuff going on and I too love the pin-roof.

The interiors are great and you have something special with the scale you're working in. If any of these were giant builds, I think the care and detail you've applied would get lost.

Thanks a lot mate! That really means a lot. Sometimes I feel like I should try some bigger builds, but I really can't bring myself to sacrifice the details for the size. :)

There all very nice. I especially love the sheep and will steal that idea for sure haha. My favorite has to be the noisy neighbors! I love the design of the harp you made and the noblemans bed looks great! My second favorite is the forestmen breaking into the jail while the soldiers eat.

Thanks! Yeah, feel free to borrow (and modify) the sheep technique. The LEGO community can always use more brickbuilt barnyard animals. :)

That harp, those sheep...

Thank you! Those details are the most fun part of a MOC for me. :)

I think my favorite is A Delicious Distraction but they are all great. Amazing details!

Thanks! I have to say that's gotta be my favorite as well. Maybe my favorite MOC I've ever made.

Again, thank you all SO much for the constructive comments! I've been looking back at a bunch of old castle builds recently (DARKspawn, DNL, MrTS, Jens, Slyowl), and it's so cool to see that my MOCs can have (at least a little bit of!) the effect on people that those castle masters have on me. :)

Fantastic work :wub: :wub: :wub: .

I love the rockwork in the first picture. The texturing of the wall is incredible, too :thumbup:

That's an impressive collection with a lot of creative and very clever building techniques used. That rockwork is just marvelous. Does it hold tight?

My favourite is "Noisy Neighbours". Had a good laugh when looking at the scene. :)

Very spectacular work, I like the first one the best. Also consider the chair idea in picture five stolen ;) ha!

Edited by Blufiji

Very good -I like them all! Great building techniques and Minifigs create a cool castle/fantasy atmosphere! Can't wait to see more:-)

Every one of these is excellent. The use of natural colors and especially textures is just superb. The rockwork in the first is just incredible. The second is probably boring to most viewers but it's very well built and besides, my grandpa farmed with horses in the '30s so it's not that far beyond our time! In terms of overall portrayal "A Delicious Distraction" and "Noisy Neighbors" don't need any explanation and that's part of what makes them so good. Both are built exceptionally well with their multiple scenes and richness of details. The ruins look great too but the carpenter just might be my favorite. I prefer domestic scenes and it's a nice, peaceful depiction of a common trade and the roof technique is wonderful. Excellent work!