DaleDVM

Brickworld Chicago Countdown and Events Thread.

It's not too late to add things to the auction is it? I was thinking of adding one of my Sentinels (Maybe #4, he's a brat) to the auction--but the issue is I need it for my layout during public days. The Charity Auction email said something about auctioning off builds that are also on display--anyone know anything more about this process?

Hey guys, if I'm just coming to the public day, is there any benefit to buying tickets online? Does it cost more in person? I've looked at the official site but I dunno if I'm just missing it.

You might get like $2 off, I think it was like that last year. Either way, I think the tickets are only like $12 when you buy at the door anyways--it's well worth the price of course!

Tickets ahead of time are advised. You get in the door without waiting so it is faster.

+1 for pizza I will be there this year again! (3rd year! yay!). I too have been struggling to find time to complete my build. I did a marathon session last weekend and will do the same this weekend to get things done in time. I swear I have put on 5 pounds in the last month due to doing nothing but sitting by my LEGO building desk and clicking breaks. I broke out of my castle building this year, though there is a castle section in my creation.

As for cosplay I will be dressing up as a tall 30-something midwesterner. :laugh:

Does anyone have a brick etcher that can make a eurobricks badge brick so we can identify each other? I'd be willing to kick some $$$ toward it. Or maybe we could bring some stickers with eurobricks printed on it.

Anyway, I will be in the WISLUG area, I'm the tall guy and my display is called "a city through time". Hit me up for a Bricknerd sticker or brick (if I can find them).

-Philip Straatsma

I'm sad to report that after a year and a half of use, my Brickworld '15 retracting pass-holder-zigger thing finally bit the dust. The clip on the back has come partially off, so the clip can no longer grip anything.

I guess I'm going to have to go back to using the boring old office-issued retracting pass-holder-zigger thing.