DaleDVM

Brickworld Chicago Countdown and Events Thread.

Hey everyone. It is 4 weeks until the opening party Wednesday night June 17th. I don't know about anyone else, but I still have about 200 hours of building to do. :wacko: So I guess this is gonna be a full time job for the remaining time I have.

PIZZA PARTY

The Eurobricks annual pizza party will be held Saturday night about an hour after public viewing hours are complete. This translates to 5PM or so. What I need from you... is to visit me by my display on Saturday BEFORE 3:30 PM. At 3:30 the order goes in and you don't want to miss out on the yumminess! My name is Dale Klein and my display is called Goldcrest. It is a huge castle display that is 25 feet long. You can't miss it. I sit by my display almost the entire time during public hours so you should be able to find me.

When you meet me I require a friendly introduction, just in case I forgot your name and for you pizza party virgins. I also need $5 and what type of pizza you want me to order. The concession area is closed by the time we eat, so PLEASE do bring something to drink. Since the concessions are closed we use those tables to eat. I cover any additional costs and handle everything else. I order deep dish from Lou Malnatti's along with some garlic bread. I haven't heard anyone complain yet about the pizza or walking away hungry. Chicago pizza is hearty stuff! We have been doing this since the second Brickworld. Last year it surpassed 50 people and grows each year. Make sure to try and meet new people. Put a face to that Eurobricks name you have been chatting with. I love this event and look forward to meeting some new AFOLs.

COSPLAY?

Also last year was the first year I displayed in costume according to my theme. A whole lot of people thought cosplay should be something that expands at Brickworld. I have not heard anything from anyone since last summer. I can bring my costume, but as it is incredibly warm and uncomfortable. I do not want to be the only one in costume. If anyone was wishing to partake in a little cosplay now is the time to let me know.

Looking forward to seeing everyone and someone please tell me they are way behind on building too. Misery loves company.

Yey for pizza party! :excited:

I'll make sure the two new Europeans I'm bringing don't miss out on this :grin:

Looking forward to seeing everyone and someone please tell me they are way behind on building too. Misery loves company.

Oh, I'm way behind... And in a slight panic, but that's how it should be :laugh:. Makes for really good productivity! :tongue:

You will be missed Vincent. I didn't even mind ordering your special pizza without cheese. Take care and I hope to see you in 2016!

Cecilie I can't wait to see you. So glad you are bringing some newbies.

I'm always up for pizza!

And I'm struggling with a &%#¤)/@=/"#@¤=)"#& spaceship that needs to be finished this weekend. It's bloody hard when you haven't built one in 25+ years...

I'm always up for pizza!

And I'm struggling with a &%#¤)/@=/"#@¤=)"#& spaceship that needs to be finished this weekend. It's bloody hard when you haven't built one in 25+ years...

Oh stop whining and just build it :tongue:. If I can build a spaceship, so can you! :laugh:

I am much farther than I usually am a month out, but I still have a ton of stuff to build. I usually end up with 2 or 3 builds that don't make it to BW because I can't get to finishing them. This year will likely be the same.

Vincent - sorry you can't make it this year. Next year?

Pizza! :wub:

It's bloody hard when you haven't built one in 25+ years...

Stop whining, old man! Its a piece of cake! (Make sure to bring it to PKH next year to de-throne the Queen of Sci-Fi :grin: )

(Make sure to bring it to PKH next year to de-throne the Queen of Sci-Fi :grin: )

No no, don't do that :tongue:

-1 for Pizza

Unfortunately I can't attend Brickworld this year. I am going to miss the Pizza Party :sad:

TOMATO BREAD ... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:cry_sad:

PIZZA PARTY

PIZZA PIZZA PIZZAH :wub:

I've already been hyping up the pizza party to newbies, so I expect to shatter the old record :look:

COSPLAY?

You've never complemented me on my Human costume I wear ever year :look:

Pizza? Did someone say PIZZA?!?!?

2898655.jpg

Haha, count me in Dale. Last year's pizza was awesome, and I plan to actually chat with people this year rather than stuff my yapper with pizza and and half-heartedly laugh at Adam's (bad) jokes. :wink:

I have a small cosplay I'm going to try and do, but nothing too elaborate. It involves a blue wig and a mad scientist named Rick Sanchez *bbuuuuuurp* to match my build, which, by the way, I am 201 hours behind on building, if that makes you feel any better.... :tongue:

Sounds good. Bring it!

I hang out in the Technic forum mostly, so there are a lot of people I won't know, but I am looking forward to meeting Kristel, who according to the registration list is the only other person crazy enough to come all the way from Australia.

I would consider cosplay, but I don't know how to dress up as a GBC. Maybe double up on Mad Scientists? In any case, I'd probably look a bit out of place amongst the other GBCers, so I'll give this one a miss.

I have also come to the conclusion that I'll probably be done building with a weekend to spare. Mind you, that's got more to do with being limited to the amount of LEGO one can fit into a suitcase than building proficiency!

Sounds good. Bring it!

I hang out in the Technic forum mostly, so there are a lot of people I won't know, but I am looking forward to meeting Kristel, who according to the registration list is the only other person crazy enough to come all the way from Australia.

It wouldn't be all that crazy if it weren't for committing to bring so much Lego half way around the world!

PIZZA PARTY

+3 or +5, to be determined later

COSPLAY?

I did this in 2013 (and 2014--if wearing a Vikings jersey in Chicago counts), but people must've thought it was my normal attire since few asked.

Edited by RoxYourBlox

Looks like it is going to be a big turnout from Eurobricks this year at Brickworld!

Once again I received no love on the collaborative. I swear I can build more than castles and I don't bite (hard)... :laugh: Never mind that I would be even further behind on my own building and likely not get anything completed. he he.

Simon, If I had recognized you as being human previously, I would certainly have given you accolades. Whether that makes you super or sub-human is a debate for another day...

Captainowie you could dress up as a giant ball like violet in Willie Wonka. Then we could roll you around the convention hall! Good Times.

And obviously everyone it doesn't count as cosplay unless people actually notice you are in costume!

I can't wait to see everyone and their builds!

Once again I received no love on the collaborative. I swear I can build more than castles and I don't bite (hard)... :laugh: Never mind that I would be even further behind on my own building and likely not get anything completed. he he.

You have to be one of the cool kids...? I got no love, either... =(

2015 will be my 3rd Brickworld with my wife and our daughter, who is the inspiration for many of my creations. As a builder, I’ve sort-of been on my own, living close to TwinLUG but not close enough that the bulk discount would offset cost-of-travel for regular participation. Plus, my job has turned quite stressful, and after hours I’ve found it difficult to concentrate on new designs.

In 2013-14, my parents had helped us out by towing the entire display in the back of their Suburban—excellent for packing! However, as “seniors” they were a bit reluctant to make the trip again. I told myself I’d bring only new stuff, which would’ve meant just the arena. However, the international contingent gently convinced me to bring back several favorites. Long story short, my parents first were going to lend me their vehicle but then decided to come again themselves! I am really excited since the layout is done including the packing plan, and now am working out a last minute surprise...

Edited by RoxYourBlox

We aren't cool kids over at the Collab - there was supposed to be a front paging for the collab a couple months ago that never happened. We are building a Spaceport/asteroid belt type of thing, so any ships, buildings, scenes are welcome. Just PM me if you're interested. Dale, I'm surprised you own anything besides Castle.

However, the international contingent gently convinced me to bring back several favorites. Long story short, my parents first were going to lend me their vehicle but then decided to come again themselves! I am really excited since the layout is done including the packing plan, and now am working out a last minute surprise...

I'd like to think I was partly responsible for you deciding to bring more stuff - either way, I'm delighted to hear that you will! So much looking forward to seeing your builds. And a surprise...? Sounds intriguing! :)

I swear I can build more than castles and I don't bite (hard)... :laugh:

Please don't bring rabies :look:

OK Brickworlders, we are down to two weeks. I put in about 80 hours of build time in the last two weeks. Strangely enough, I still have 200 hours of building to do! :sick: How does this happen? I am beginning to get very very nervous.

Please don't bring rabies :look:

Cecilie, I can honestly say I am vaccinated for rabies. So it is OK if I bite people... and by people, I mean you :tongue:

Dale, I'm surprised you own anything besides Castle.

OK you got me. If I made a spaceship it would look castley and be manned by a crew of knights and peasants.

I am very envious of your 80 hours. With a toddler I am lucky to get 10 hours a week now. I only have about 40-50 hours of building left, so I'm in a better position.....maybe?

Cecilie, I can honestly say I am vaccinated for rabies. So it is OK if I bite people... and by people, I mean you :tongue:

:oh3: *hides*

A bit less than 2 weeks from now, I'll have one of my buildings up for auction for charity. Kristel has finished the instructions, while the building itself has been disassembled and sorted. It'll be packaged in a 12x12x18" box that can comfortably house the completed model and which is illustrated with the images shown below. So, it's basically a deluxe, rare, custom modular set! Everyone make sure to show up Friday night (pocketbook in hand)! :wink:

18472265851_92fe3077af.jpg 18282659528_1a15ac2c6d.jpg