Doc_Brown

[WIP] Mad Max Monster Truck + Homemade lipo box

Yeap this is happening! :laugh::wub:

17695870489_f3416ee217_b.jpg

17259604184_32774b91d1_b.jpg

17694564840_567957e4f1_b.jpg

17879149612_05f07605d1_b.jpg

So I'm very impressed with this rough draft chassis, capable of driving over and off a 4Litre tray of Lego.

But I don't know what the car is if it is a "REAL" car. Does anyone know what make it is?

Thought I would also show my homemade lipo that cost me.....$5 TOTAL! Of course I already have a RC charger to charge the batteries.

Any questions please feel free to ask!

Google says the body of the car is from a '42 Dodge W Series.

EDIT: Looks like the roof's been chopped and lowered, as well as the gargantuan mega-tires and suspension.

Edited by obsidianheart

I seem to get more results with "Dodge Flathead 1/2 Ton Truck"

I'm surprised you haven't decided to use XL motors.

Haven't ruled that out yet! :tongue: Might even use 2 RC motors. But that would need another battery. :look:

Edit: Pretty sure its a "1946 Dodge Wf 1 1/2 Ton Dump Truck" :sweet:

are You going To use An sbrick? You can employ better The batteries, i was tinking of putting a lipo in the old 9V BB (small) and use a connector To power The sbrick, but i don't have that receiver ahah how you'll be sure of The Low voltage cut-off?

Good choice for cool MOC! Shape of Dodge you will build could be used by other builder for other dodge versions. Hope to see awsesome Monster Truck in the end :wink: Good luck!

p.s. Saw MadMax's cars and thought about "How cool can be Madoca's corvette in such version"

MadMax_Boarders-get-the-jump-on-Max_screenshot.jpg

When I saw the movie the other day, the first thing I thought was "when will the first Technic Mad Max models be posted?" :laugh:

Glad you are doing this Doc!

When I saw the movie the other day, the first thing I thought was "when will the first Technic Mad Max models be posted?" :laugh:

Good to know it wasn't just me thinking that :laugh:

Going to be keeping an eye on this one, I look forward to seeing how it turns out.

Looking forward to seeing the movie and also more Mad Max mocs. As an aside, I sometimes frequent the scifi genre forum of eurobricks. I remember after seeing the movie pacific rim thinking there would be tons of jaeger and kaiju builds...... but there actually weren't that many......

Nice to see you finally used them lipos. I'm working on 3 batt boxes that can be balance charged at once. I always found them tires too hard on drive trains though.

Glad you are doing this Doc!

6 months ago! :-D

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=103216#entry2073208

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqyijkJwvC4 (use a proxy to bypass youtubes music gestapo)

PS Doc can't wait to see it! Love that truck in the movie. Actually Love them all and I want to build the war rig.

that 9398 definately has mad max written all over it. Keen to see how you work this one Doc :thumbup:

I just saw the movie, it was epic and I am at a loss of words for describing it. Though it never had a dull moment in it. I am tempted to build the ripsaw like vehicle from the movie. mad_max_ripsaw_peacemaker_1.jpg

I just saw the movie, it was epic and I am at a loss of words for describing it. Though it never had a dull moment in it. I am tempted to build the ripsaw like vehicle from the movie. mad_max_ripsaw_peacemaker_1.jpg

I can hear thousands chanting........Do it, do it, do it..........

It is hard to imagine you choose something other than tracked:))

Edited by rm8

It is hard to imagine you choose something other than tracked:))

I was tempted to build the war rig, but I have my servo motor tied up in another model I am working on, and It seems obvious that everyone will reconstruct that vehicle because of its crucial role in the film.

I think that is an actual ripsaw with added body work. HAHA.

Good find thanks!

dodge-pickup-trucks-for-sale-194.jpg

Hopefully I can start work on the body today, eventually I would like to order the body in dark tan, so its something a bit different.

Thanks for the feedback guys! I will take some more pics of the lipo box and give a more detailed write up.

Edited by Doc_Brown

Great Scott!

will there be instructions for this beast in the end aswell? :grin:

i have thought of building a Monster truck ever since i got out of my dark age, but never gotten around to it, so far your chassi design is pretty spot on how i was thinking of building.

I think that is an actual ripsaw with added body work. HAHA.

Thanks for the feedback guys! I will take some more pics of the lipo box and give a more detailed write up.

It is a Howe & Howe Ripsaw, there is a video here about them testing it prior to production.

Also I have quite a bit of progress on the model, I should be posting it later on today.

Edited by Tommy Styrvoky

Sorry for bumping this relatively old topic but was this ever finished?

Didn't seen the movie but looks really good! Also I'm very interested about that custom li-po for 5 dollars.Where did you get the case?