pagan

(WIP) Steampunktower

Well it's been a while since a posted my walker & monocycle in Steampunktheme. They will be part of a bigger SteampunkMOC (work in progress) with some walkers, monocylce, houses, maybe a factory to build the walkers and a tower with steamengine to provide the village & factory with steampower. Did I mention it will be build on a cloud?

So I've spend my time building and rebuilding the steampunktower, with a firebox, Boiler, stack and engine with moving piston (engine on 9V). It's not done yet, but I had the opportunity to put it in the art-exhibiotion "Karpov meets Karpov" in the local Museum of my hometown Deinze (Belgium), organised by the Chessclub Karpov Deinze which exists 40 years

Former worldchampion in chess Karpov will be visiting and playing chess against other chessplayers. One of the sideprojects is the art-exhibition, for which my mom made a chessboard in ceramics (white plates with paterns based on european cavemandrawings) and for which she needed a white king and queen and a black king and tower.

Well I was already building a tower and I did have the Steampunkwalker. So I've build a white king and queen, also based on the Ninjagorobot from set 70505. Together we've build a chessboard in ceramics and Lego, with a winning move from Karpov against Istratescu (a chessgame from 2005). Enjoy some pictures.

IMG_0556.jpg

IMG_0563.jpg

More pictures : here ! Better pictures (also from the inside of the tower) will be posted later on.

Cheers Pagan

Thx. Here is a better picture of the tower on the chessboard.

IMG_0559.jpg

And here are some pictures from the interior. I'm still not pleased with some details, but it will do for now. :)

IMG_0586.jpg

IMG_0587.jpg

IMG_0585.jpg

Grtz Pagan

Cant believe i didnt post a reply here! Incredible work! Beautiful stone work!

Thx ! Already planning to rebuild this part :) It's to plain.

DSC_0586LQ.jpg

DSC_0588LQ.jpg

This a picture from the side.

DSC_0591LQ.jpg

Cheers pagan

Edited by pagan