Sign in to follow this  
Horsleben

[O - H05] Scouting of H05's north pole

Hi there!

Here is my first entry for this game - it is my first time playing in one of these, so please bear with me, if i screw up a little :)

-------II-------

-Incoming transmission-

-Transmitter: Second Branch Pilot J. Horsleben-

-Location of transmission: Northern Hemispere of H05-

"Second Branch Pilot J. Horsleben reporting in! I have succesfully landed my forward reconnaissance ship close to H05's north pole. I was unable to reach the precise location, since a large cold swamp covers the pole. I have however landed the craft on a rocky patch in the vicinity."

"After my landing i began unloading the scientific equipment, and i can report that the area is almost ready for the engineers to set up a basecamp. I must however issue a warning. I constantly feel like im being watched, but so far i havent seen any indigenous lifeforms - but they are here, somewhere."

"I will send out the scouting drones, and sit tight for the engineers to arrive - just have them follow my beacon, and they should be able to find my ship without much trouble."

"Horsleben out..."

-End of transmission-

Octan%20Corp%20Scout.pngThe build in all its rendered glory - please ignore the crappy rendering quality.. my pc is not among the best..

I tried to build a little one man exploration craft, and i think i managed that pretty well - its outfitted with a lot of sensors and beacons, which really cements its job as a scouting vehicle.. It got no guns, and the only defense is its speed. The inside is outfitted with scientific equipment, scouting drones and life support. The job for the pilot is to scout out potentiel sites for construction, then call in the workers.

This paticurlar site is near the north pole of the planet - its a frozen swamp mixed in with rock and some shrubs and patches of snow..

I hope you like it, and i have done it right :)

Oh, and here are some shots of the ship itself:

Octan%20Corp%20Scout1.png

Octan%20Corp%20Scout3.png

Octan%20Corp%20Scout2.png

-Horsleben

Very sleek ship! Perfectly fitting the Octan feel! It's got a great mix of corporate and utilitarian and smooth and stylish! Also, love the greebles and the drone!

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Great ship design. Like the shaping and smoothness of it all. The overall scene looks good aswell.

Thanks for the kind words everybody..

I tried to make it as smooth as possible, and its acceptable.. There is a slight gap between the hatches on both the doors and the landing gear, but that was unavoidable..

My next project (which is almost done) is a big landing craft to carry personel and equipment..

-Horsleben

great transition between sections of the ship, the legs are really cool, as is the drone. talk to BEAVeR or Bob about rendering; they're the pros I know of.

I love the design of the ship, especially the overall shape and the greebles on top.

Wow, the ship is perfect! It's smooth, and just an overall cool design. The story, the terrain, the equipment, all compliment each other. Though, the terrain could have a bit more in it. If you're interested in rendering, like goatm said, ask Beaver or Bob, but POV-Ray is a great one I use time to time, and I believe there is an LDD to POV-Ray file converter online somewhere. Overall an amazing build!

Very nice ship! I like the smooth and sleek design. :classic:

great transition between sections of the ship, the legs are really cool, as is the drone. talk to BEAVeR or Bob about rendering; they're the pros I know of.

Especially if BEAVeR puts out how he did that render in the PM!

Very nice build here, I build a similar cockpit for a SoNE build, but later scrapped it. I love the way the landing gear and door become invisible!

oh, hey, I had a question: what peice is underneath the saucer top? Is it the one by one brick with 4 studded sides? Curious, because I may want to build a drone like that to assist in Dr. Long's research! :grin:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Hey guys..

Thanks for all the awesome comments! you are the best!

- Dannylonglegs: Yeah, its exactly one of those 1x1 with studs on all sides.. then two t-bars, some wings, and a saucer top :) Thank you for your interest :)

-Jon

Awesome ship! Looks like it'd be great fun to play with the unfolding door and legs on this side!