My finished collab with LittleJohn. This is our largest build to date, with a base size of 66x98, and weighing in at 30.2 pounds. There are 70 minifigures in the city, including quite a few familiar sigfigs, see how many you can spot :wink:

We constructed it over a 6 week period. Every building has a full interior, and every floor is accesible via stairs or ladder. There are four moving features: the windmill, the potter's wheel, the hidden trapdoor in the city hall, and the bell; see them in action here:

The city buildings include: windmill, tower, gatehouse, potter's shop, tailor's shop, city hall, noble's house, palace guesthouse, and palace.

Windmill module: link

Gatehouse module: link

Market module: link

City hall module: link

Gardens module: link

Palace module: link

The city of Katoren is growing quickly and has already become a prominent city in Kaliphlin. It is well known for it's thriving marketplace, and elegant palace.

f.JPG

overview.JPG

right.JPG

ba2.JPG

ba3.JPG

left.JPG

a.JPG

up.JPG

wall.JPG

market.JPG

bh.JPG

rh.JPG

lh.JPG

bt.JPG

street.JPG

See lots more pictures here: link

Well we hope you've enjoyed our efforts, we certainly had fun creating this slice of Katoren :classic:

Edited by soccerkid6

I've commented on the individual modules, so let me just say that the completed scene is simply beautiful. Collabs rarely look so cohesive - it's hard to tell where one builder stopped and the other started. Excellent work.

This really looks great. As said, it blends together very smoothly between modules. It definitely does remind me a little bit of Gideon's "Streets of Barqa" MOC.

Your layout is really wonderful. It's great to finally see everything combined. All sections fit perfect together, not only in measurements, but also the overall composition. It's a smart idea to make the sections in the back on a higher level, so that no building blocks the view.

And I can imagine that one could spend hours playing with all the neat functions and the interiour.

Really stunning work of you two!

This really looks superb together, the sections all blend in so well! I also really like how the scene moves from outside with dirt to inside rock and then up a level to a tiled area. And the amount of detail you've put into this collab is seriously impressive! :thumbup:

Incredible work! :wub:

I love the architecture and the details. Moreover the interior is fantastic, too :thumbup:

Beautiful work guys... I really like all those different buildings and the fact that they all have interior too (as usual from you) Amazing moc for display.

Wow! Did not know that this was built to fit together :thumbup:

Looks great all put together! Reminds me a lot of Gideon's cityscapes.

Except that I'm too lazy to usually bother with interiors :wink:

Edited by Gideon

:roflmao: Most of us are!

Looks great all put together! Reminds me a lot of Gideon's cityscapes.

Thanks mrcp6d, that's a high compliment indeed :sweet:

:wub:

Glad you like it, Graham :classic:

Very majestic and elegant city.

Thanks Blufiji!

I've commented on the individual modules, so let me just say that the completed scene is simply beautiful. Collabs rarely look so cohesive - it's hard to tell where one builder stopped and the other started. Excellent work.

Thanks Captain Dee, we were hoping that would be the final result. We even considered not posting who had built which module, and then seeing if people could figure it out :laugh:

This really looks great. As said, it blends together very smoothly between modules. It definitely does remind me a little bit of Gideon's "Streets of Barqa" MOC.

Thank you!

Your layout is really wonderful. It's great to finally see everything combined. All sections fit perfect together, not only in measurements, but also the overall composition. It's a smart idea to make the sections in the back on a higher level, so that no building blocks the view.

And I can imagine that one could spend hours playing with all the neat functions and the interiour.

Really stunning work of you two!

Thanks Jacob :sweet: As you said, we tried to lay it out in such a way that no building was hidden from view.

This really looks superb together, the sections all blend in so well! I also really like how the scene moves from outside with dirt to inside rock and then up a level to a tiled area. And the amount of detail you've put into this collab is seriously impressive! :thumbup:

Thanks Kai, and I was just noticing that same thing the other day while looking at it. There's basically 3 sections of 2 modules each, outer wall/landscape, normal city, and then the palace grounds :classic:

Incredible work! :wub:

I love the architecture and the details. Moreover the interior is fantastic, too :thumbup:

Thanks Balbo!

Beautiful work guys... I really like all those different buildings and the fact that they all have interior too (as usual from you) Amazing moc for display.

Thanks Gunman :classic:

Wow! Did not know that this was built to fit together :thumbup:

Thanks Gideon, I expected it to look a bit bigger all together, but I guess the numerous somewhat small buildings make it hard to determine the size.

Wow! Separate these were beautiful, together they are magnificent!

Thanks!

You guys have done an excellent job! :wub:

Thank you :sweet:

Hey! I see me, or ME, or whatever! So cool to see Anfauglir as a welcome guest to Katoren, hope he's not causing you guys too much trouble!

Wow, so great to see this all together! The various modules are fantastic on their own, but together they really create something special. With all the detail, color, and the great composition of this build, it is certainly one of the best cityscapes I've seen. Much like Blufiji's Reach MOC, I fell like I could easily - and happily - get lost in the streets of this Katoren build. Really excellent stuff my friend!

Have to admit, I am very jealous of you and LJ having a hobby like this that you can enjoy together, and skillfully too. My brother only ever had a perfunctory interest in LEGOs when we were kids (maybe that's because I always hogged all the good pieces...). Anyways, you guys deserve a lot of praise for this. Excellent work!

Ok, so I tried to identify as many sigfigs in this build as I could (That was a great idea, searching through this build for recognizable folks really helped me appreciate all the little details and work put into this!). So far, I have:

Glorfindel

Aymeri

Anfauglir

de Gothia & son

Siedna Ruadh

Erudhalion

Lord Dan

Gideon

Ageven

Tafik Regex

Wyndor

Dubbadgrim's character (can't remember his name)

and, I think, Petera MacLean.

I'm sure I missed some. Looks like Katoren is quickly becoming the center of the Historica universe! :laugh:

Edited by MassEditor

I have to leave an comment here ;)

First of all it was great, how you presented the city in parts. Everybody could take a closer look to all the details in this. More and more tension to see everything connected ;)

Personally, i like how you show medieval life beside war and fighting. Still something special for me.(Haha, when your autocorrect saves 'me' as 'ME', you know your in GoH)

The colors work good together here, even if the tan/grey Combo (the wall) isn't my personal taste. Kai described it in a good way. Nice job, you two! Who "owns" Katoren in the moment? ;)

Regards

Superb and impressive layout, these only look better all together! :wub: Fantastic job on both the exteriors and interiors, and as Kai mentioned, the rising ground makes everything easily viewable! :thumbup:

The only sig-fig I think I can add to ME's list would be kabel's :wink: Awesome work, both of you! :sweet:

Very nice city you two, it's definetely nice to have a Brother to build with, i enjoyed that too when I was a Kid!

Hey! I see me, or ME, or whatever! So cool to see Anfauglir as a welcome guest to Katoren, hope he's not causing you guys too much trouble!

Wow, so great to see this all together! The various modules are fantastic on their own, but together they really create something special. With all the detail, color, and the great composition of this build, it is certainly one of the best cityscapes I've seen. Much like Blufiji's Reach MOC, I fell like I could easily - and happily - get lost in the streets of this Katoren build. Really excellent stuff my friend!

Have to admit, I am very jealous of you and LJ having a hobby like this that you can enjoy together, and skillfully too. My brother only ever had a perfunctory interest in LEGOs when we were kids (maybe that's because I always hogged all the good pieces...). Anyways, you guys deserve a lot of praise for this. Excellent work!

Ok, so I tried to identify as many sigfigs in this build as I could (That was a great idea, searching through this build for recognizable folks really helped me appreciate all the little details and work put into this!). So far, I have:

Glorfindel

Aymeri

Anfauglir

de Gothia & son

Siedna Ruadh

Erudhalion

Lord Dan

Gideon

Ageven

Tafik Regex

Wyndor

Dubbadgrim's character (can't remember his name)

and, I think, Petera MacLean.

I'm sure I missed some. Looks like Katoren is quickly becoming the center of the Historica universe! :laugh:

Thanks ME :sweet: Glad you enjoyed looking through the build for siggies, and that you were able to spot your own. We really tried to pack in tons of detail, so I'm glad you took the time to check things out closely.

And it's definitely a blessing to share this hobby with a sibling.

This is just lovely! I love how it all fits together!

Thanks!

I have to leave an comment here ;)

First of all it was great, how you presented the city in parts. Everybody could take a closer look to all the details in this. More and more tension to see everything connected ;)

Personally, i like how you show medieval life beside war and fighting. Still something special for me.(Haha, when your autocorrect saves 'me' as 'ME', you know your in GoH)

The colors work good together here, even if the tan/grey Combo (the wall) isn't my personal taste. Kai described it in a good way. Nice job, you two! Who "owns" Katoren in the moment? ;)

Regards

Thanks marcu! I'm not sure who technically controls Katoren right now :look:

Superb and impressive layout, these only look better all together! :wub: Fantastic job on both the exteriors and interiors, and as Kai mentioned, the rising ground makes everything easily viewable! :thumbup:

The only sig-fig I think I can add to ME's list would be kabel's :wink: Awesome work, both of you! :sweet:

Thanks Garmadon! It was great to finally see all our planning come to fruition :classic:

Very nice city you two, it's definetely nice to have a Brother to build with, i enjoyed that too when I was a Kid!

Thanks kabel, it makes for a lot of fun :classic:

As I said on Flickr, nice work. This collab is simply amazing!

Thanks Andrew!

I didn't know that you two are brother's, that's awesome -> doubled the amount of Bricks^^

That's also the explanation to my question. You could both see Katoren daily.