Sign in to follow this  
Dannylonglegs

[O - H05] Survey and Specimen Acquisition

"Log date 316, This is Dr. Danielle Long, recording from the surface of planet H05, or Livgorn. My Sc106 probe drone and I successfully landed at 1200 hours Farmolis time... which translates to roughly mid-morning here, although the days are faster. Sc106 and I are scouting the immediate vicinity of my landing point for signs of hostile life and to collect samples. Supposedly there are deposits of Awesomnium beneath the ground not too far from here. I will look into this. First observation: This place reeks of urine. Likely this is due to abnormally high concentrations of urea in the atmosphere. I suspect this has to do with the wildlife. To confirm my suspicions, I have tasked Sc106 with the collection of multiple samples of the native "Flora" and "Fauna." The air is breathable. I imagine that means these "xeno-plants" are conventionally photosynthetic. I cannot wait to perform experiments on these xenobiological organisms in my lab... and get out of this fetid fen. Second observation: I should have worn a heavier jacket. It's positively frigid, and I'm currently within the tropical zone. Status update complete. Dr. Long, signing off."

17248406084_8731a766d1_z.jpg

17871387781_0662d8f624_z.jpg

//Survey//

17844667206_ce2a21a395_z.jpg

//Specimen Acquisition//

~Dr. Long

Edited by Dannylonglegs

Nice plant life. There's been so many great builds so far in this first week.

Very nice job on the landscaping! The little space craft are really neat too! :thumbup:

Thanks all! I must say, now that I'm looking at the pictures, I'm not too pleased with my "water" effect. I think I will change that tonight and update the pictures tomorrow. Better a flat brown that a weird blocky effect. :sceptic: hehe. Thanks though! The foliage was my favorite part! Feel free to use my designs, fellow H05ers!

Also I brightened the pics too much! :laugh:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

Nice build! I like your probe drone. Great work on the landscaping, I love the parts usage in your tree. :classic:

Top-notch build all around. A muted color scheme to reflect the chilly planet, crazy looking plants, nicely shaped pool, and a great drone. Awesome.

Cool build! I really like the droid tree! :classic:

Edited by Zaael

The research drone and the foliage are well done. I also love the doctor's scooter.

Thanks all! I updated the pics! I was not liking the trans parts for water, so now it's a much cleaner flat-brown. :blush:

17260107883_182cea195d.jpg

Top-notch build all around. A muted color scheme to reflect the chilly planet, crazy looking plants, nicely shaped pool, and a great drone. Awesome.

Very nice, and great choice of colours to represent a chilly environment!

Thanks for noticing! That was the intent! It also helps that I personally love this colour combo. :wub: If only what you see here wasn't the extent of my sand green and dark tan collection. :cry_sad::grin:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

The brown "water" is definitely an improvement! :thumbup:

Super build! I was wondering what a 'cold swamp' environment would look like, you've captured it perfectly. Hail Octan, we seem to be making a really strong start!