TakeaBrick

Where is the love for exo-suit?

I built the Exo-Suit a couple days ago. I liked it, looks nice.

It has some problems though. It's easy for parts to fall off of it. Some parts slide off quite easily. You have to be careful when you reposition it.

I absolutely LOVE it - though I'm a confessed sucker for mechs. But if I had to make one complaint I would say that the only problem is that it's not very swooshable, it's more like a display type of set.

And with that, it is OOS at S@H (UK). It looks like they could have sold almost 3000 in a day from the european hub. That's double what they have sold in 3 months! It shows what it needed to get shifted, a proper discount. I still don't really see significant profit in them though, as these have almost certainly gone to resellers rather than consumers.

I'm not remotely concerned with profit, since I never bought them as an investment - not a financial investment, anyway (an investment in fun, yes). If you bought it as an investment, I guess I understand your apparent annoyance, though with all due respect I can't say I entirely sympathize. I seriously doubt any speculators are going to go bankrupt and have to get real jobs because they bought hundreds of these and it plummeted in value to pennies. It's still going to go up in value on the secondary market eventually (fortunately or not), just possibly not to whatever figure the most optimistic of speculators might have been hoping for or counting on. But it's not like regular people are going to be able to continue to go into stores and buy them at or below MSRP for years to come; that was never in the cards.

I felt I should follow up on this thread to note I realized yesterday it did indeed go on clearance here in the US - I'm not sure when, though it has to have been fairly recently - and the US Shop at Home has subsequently sold out. It's still in at least some of the physical brick and mortar stores, though; anyone who wants it should get it soon.

I like the exo-suit, its a nice mech, and the packaging etc.. really felt like some next level stuff, luxury so to speak.

I do have one gripe, and that is the fore-arms, the construction is just a bit flimsy, the hands dont always hold position, and its too easy to disconnect them altogether.

I might pick up a second one if i see a clearance deal, and try to fix the arms on that one, and id definitely pick up any follow-up set, hell, i bought my first ninjago set (the electromech) so my exo-suit could have a playmate.

I own one exo-suit, and I was definitely waiting for discounts to get more.

And they happened.. everywhere around me.. but not in my country. That's why I hate the Lego store, you can live like 10km from a neighbor country and not be allowed to buy from the Lego online store there.

In contrast, I can buy from Amazon of different countries without a problem, same thing with ToysRUs simply because there is no ToysRUs in my country. So if Lego simply ditched the store in my (small - Belgium) country, it would actually be much better.

I got my two when they where half price at our local brand store for €17.50,

It's like buy one get one free...... :tongue:.

Now they are all gone!

I own one exo-suit, and I was definitely waiting for discounts to get more.

And they happened.. everywhere around me.. but not in my country. That's why I hate the Lego store, you can live like 10km from a neighbor country and not be allowed to buy from the Lego online store there.

In contrast, I can buy from Amazon of different countries without a problem, same thing with ToysRUs simply because there is no ToysRUs in my country. So if Lego simply ditched the store in my (small - Belgium) country, it would actually be much better.

The Lego store in Antwerp (Wijnegem) actually had the exo suit on sale about a month ago. Together with a range of Lego Movie and Chima sets. All the sets on clearance (including exo suit) were stacked on wooden pallets.

Because of the lower price I almost purchased a second one, but then I realised I really didn't need it.

Edited by Humdrum

The Lego store in Antwerp (Wijnegem) actually had the exo suit on sale about a month ago. Together with a range of Lego Movie and Chima sets. All the sets on clearance (including exo suit) were stacked on wooden pallets.

Because of the lower price I almost purchased a second one, but then I realised I really didn't need it.

ah, too bad :(

well I live too far from that only belgian lego store anyway.

ah, too bad :(

well I live too far from that only belgian lego store anyway.

It's quite the trip for me as well, I only visit it if I want to buy sets/exclusives I can't find in local shops. Wijnegem is an odd choice for a Lego store location, but then again there really is no 'sweet spot' in Belgium (despite it's small size).