Sign in to follow this  
Commander Beltar

[K - D10] Abandoned Mine on the Hamilton Belt

D10: The Hamilton Belt

===================================================================================================================================================

Begin Log, Chapter 1, Part 001:

“Ten days after my rehabilitation from the crash…and I’m already in the game… Wonderful. APauLo(s)-5 has been a great help in getting me back in the zone, even though I’m no longer a pilot. I was handed a task to scout for any possible activities in the Hamilton Asteroid Belt, and after staring at a scanner for 48 hours, I found a faint piracy distress signal, it was nearly gone.

17128186983_682517b4eb_z.jpg

Now I’m here, what a pile of trash! A barley functioning pump, a couple of empty canisters, and a cut computer. Whoever left here, left in a hurry, perhaps they were scared of our scouts, but this couldn't have happened recently… It looks like it would be a liquid Awesomnium mine, but it’s all solid, pipes are clogged. PauL and I tried to get the damn thing working again, but it wouldn't start. So we just set up a landing zone and waited for a supply ship to set up our own mine right on top of the thing. Yeah know what, I never actually know why I record these stupid messages. I’m just talking to myself with PauL listening. Who knows, maybe someone is listening? Aw, shut up PauL, I’m not hallucinating people listening to me…"

Close Log, Chapter 1, Part 001

===================================================================================================================================================

17126048614_4083351a3b_z.jpg

More Pics in spoiler:

17126033824_c8fa6ba54f_z.jpg

17748875791_f6081c25ea_z.jpg

17562268029_cc637fe1db_z.jpg

17745914512_fff68e40b9_z.jpg

17562262179_56cacf4a6a_z.jpg

17128171133_6585ddc71e_z.jpg

Beltar’s mask is basically like Starlord’s helmet/mask from GotG.

And no, APaouLo(s) is not TARS!

17126038744_e79535f37e_n.jpg

C&C welcome!

~Beltar

Edited by Commander Beltar

Awesome story and I love the build. Small simple and clear.

PauL is cool, as your sigfig. Keep it up!

Some nice little details in such a small space. Think I need to practice my greebles.

The robot is cool, but what makes this build stand out for me are the little details that hint at the function of the pump, such as the hanging Awesomnium.

Great build and story. I really like your APauLo(s)-5, and his personality! :classic:

Nice take on the scene, good greebles and the red band looks great. I think the robot is too big, it wouldn't fit through doors made for humans

"Do not dismiss this find too easily Agent Beltar. I have been working on some new designs for extracting Awsomnium in situations like these. With corporate permission, I could get my crew over there and likely restore the mine to functioning capabilities. However, as we do not have any functioning infrastructure in the Hamilton Belt, I do not expect this to be any time soon. Operative Q out, over."