agoodfella77

Customizing Bootlegs

As soon i have finished my custom bootleg vision i'll show pictures. I would have finished a few days ago, but i used the wrong paint that won't dry :-(

As soon i have finished my custom bootleg vision i'll show pictures. I would have finished a few days ago, but i used the wrong paint that won't dry :-(

Sounds good!

My last : War Machine

mar3_by_seblebon-d8tr261.jpg

I repainted torso and legs from a grey version in black ( yes , War Machine should be in black ^^, )

I love play with my customs and I hate paint wear!

I often use a very ultra hard varnish ( the same they use for boat ) for my MOTUC or GI Joe customs, who take 3 day for 100% drying.

So I used this varnish for the first time on a Lego form figure, and yes it s works fine.

Edited by Sebiron

Thanks for the post.

Which brand of varnish do you use? And did you use varnish on all of the figures in this picture?

Great job!

Edited by agoodfella77

I've always wondered how you guys paint the boots on the minifig. I find that the most difficult part of customising

Thanks for the post.

Which brand of varnish do you use? And did you use varnish on all of the figures in this picture?

Great job!

Thanks, you re welcome ^^

No , not on all my figs, it depend what I need to paint.

Last year I used it on my Sentinel custom>

http://fc03.devianta...bon-d7v9cum.jpg

It s a brand from my country, I google but I don't found it.

It is very solid, even with acetone you can t remove it.

But if you don't often touch or love play with the figs like me, you don't need such a hard varnish, just a Tamiya x22 + mat is good.

I've always wondered how you guys paint the boots on the minifig. I find that the most difficult part of customising

Here is my personal recipe for boots and pants>

I cut ultra thin white stickers + acrylic paint + Tamiya x22 + Prince August mat.

Edited by Sebiron

I actually use a clear acrylic spray that I got a few years ago to work with waterslide decals... it gives a nice smooth clear finish that you almost can't detect.

It seals perfectly. I'll try and post a link to the brand or at least name it if it would help anyone.

I actually use a clear acrylic spray that I got a few years ago to work with waterslide decals... it gives a nice smooth clear finish that you almost can't detect.

It seals perfectly. I'll try and post a link to the brand or at least name it if it would help anyone.

Yes, please. I would love to see how this looks.

Also, is there a reason you chose spray vs. brush?

Minifigure Maniacs posted this on the FB page.

17664864488_96bd13fee0_o_d.jpg

I really have to give customizing a shot.

Minifigure Maniacs posted this on the FB page.

I really have to give customizing a shot.

Does he give any details on how he made that Helmet?

Does he give any details on how he made that Helmet?

I asked. No answer yet. It looks too good to be done purely by hand. Maybe 3d printed? I am also curious how they did the hair on Giganta.

I asked. No answer yet. It looks too good to be done purely by hand. Maybe 3d printed? I am also curious how they did the hair on Giganta.

Exactly. No way he did that by hand or else he should be a full time artist.

My guess is that it's 3D printer.

I gave it a shot. Hopefully it turns out good so I can give boots to all my customs.

I have a quick question for you, agoodfella77.

SY's Hawkeye mask is both amazing and so annoying that it covers the mouth. How did you manage to shave it down? What did you use?

I wanna try it also.

Edited by Adnan

I gave it a shot. Hopefully it turns out good so I can give boots to all my customs.

I have a quick question for you, agoodfella77.

SY's Hawkeye mask is both amazing and so annoying that it covers the mouth. How did you manage to shave it down? What did you use?

I wanna try it also.

Dremel. For those that are into customization I would highly recommend getting one. I've used it countless of times and depending on the model you get you have several tools to choose from (cutting, sanding, shaping, drilling etc).

Which paint is the best for making bricks fleshcoloured?

I use Citadel paints generally. But they are not cheap and their range is quite limited where I live.

Here is a question for those that use Clear Coat:

If you wanted to do a "layer" -- for example -- lets say I wanted to paint Cap's helmet -- I would initially paint it blue but then would you clear coat it before painting the A? Or would you paint the helmet and the the A and then clear coat it?

Dremel. For those that are into customization I would highly recommend getting one. I've used it countless of times and depending on the model you get you have several tools to choose from (cutting, sanding, shaping, drilling etc).

I want to give shaving down Hawkeye's mask a go. Which Dremel bit would you choose? Also do you free hand it or mark off what you are planning on shaving off?

I want to give shaving down Hawkeye's mask a go. Which Dremel bit would you choose? Also do you free hand it or mark off what you are planning on shaving off?

I don't really know the "name" of the drill bit, but they come standard with a few kinds. Sometimes I mark it off, but for the Hawkeye helmet, I simply eyeballed / freehanded it

I tried my hand at customizing the Hawkeye mask. I am pretty happy with the result.

I used a dremel and eyeballed it. I think I need to sand the edges a bit but I am happy with the shape. Do you sand or something after using a dremel?

18546848300_1ae5c8958c_z_d.jpg

That Hawkeye is looking good. I don't think I'll invest in a Dremel just yet. I can't think of many other uses.

That Hawkeye is looking good. I don't think I'll invest in a Dremel just yet. I can't think of many other uses.

Thanks! I use my Dremel all the time. It is a VERY versatile tool especially if you are into DIY projects.