snaillad

MOC: Piazza Maria

Great job!

I really like the fact that you don't need to put too many details on your buildings to make then clever! They look quite simple, but nicely worked! The general coloours of the scene are very nice, they all go well together.

And those minifigs in the street add a lot of life to your town! It seems to be a very nice place to live in! And I like to have this feeling!

Awesome moc man. Lots of beautiful details. I really like the "dressed" guy for taking photographs..

You hit the nail on the head in the authenticity department. When I first looked at this I thought you had built a recreation of piazza navona in Rome.

Excellent job on this

Thanks for all the kind comments, it's great people can find something recognizable whom have seen some European Piazza's and even if not in person. Although I chose the name Piazza I suppose it could of been the French 'Place', I have visited both Rome and Nice and they were great inspirations, although I have to admit doing a little more online research and being rather fond of Prague for its style as well.

As soon as I could get a hold of some of the 'cool yellow' in a decent quantity it was definitely a colour I wanted to include, the blue is 'Medium blue'.

The most fun I had was making a buzzing scene on the square itself and I've been waiting years to find a reason to include the 'Atlantis temple statue' minifigure in a MOC! :laugh:

Thanks again!

Really cool. Love the details. And compliments how you created the paving!

/Hans

Molto Impressionante!!!! Awesome. It makes us travel immediately to Italy. The texture of the street and the colors...I also loved the awnings!

This transported me back to rome or florence, way cool!

A burano inspired build from you would be interesting

I already made a comment about this ''piaza'' on Flickr. Even after several days, it's amazing. I really like the created atmosphere at the town square, and the amazing architectural details on the adjacent buildings. I could easily come here for a short vacation.

Snaillad, your creations are absolutely wonderful! This square is brilliant. The colours, the architecture, the buzzling street scene, everything! I especially like the colour scheme of the nougat coloured building. It looks very authentic. The alley is also my favourite. Would you be able to take a picture of the alley between the cool yellow and medium blue houses?

Btw, what do you do with the creations when they are completed? I hope you don't pull them apart!

It could be a scene from any european country. I've been admiring old building my whole life, and you nailed several different styles. I don't have words good enough to describe it, but I am flabbergasted. Those building would be the first ones I buy if they were available, as modulars or open back. Submit to ideas and you have my vote instantly.

I can only echo what has already been said: this is an incredible project. The architecture and colors are excellent and the details of the square are wonderful. I like all three buildings but the blue and tan on the right is my favorite. The folks on the top at the left sure have a nice place with a nice view. It's all so lifelike you could almost step onto the base and walk right in. Superb work!