Blufiji

Freebuild: The Reach

I don't comment much outside Technic part of this forum, but this really caught my eye. I love the autumn-like scenery.

I am more or less the same when it comes to castle/history so much appreciation for making your way out to comment.

Thank you to everyone else that also gave great feedback!

Really great blend of colours mate... And a big amount of pieces!!

Wow. What a jaw-droppingly stunning build this is a true masterpeice. You are an inspiration to all AFOLs. :stunned:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

When I saw this on the front page, my exact quote is: hole-lee s&%t!! The trees a crazy perfect!! I LOVE fall and I want to live in your "free build"!!!!!

Just want to ad my admiration for this moc! I also love the backstory you wrote.. it really stirs the imagination. Truly a beautiful build. :wub:

Truly fantastic!!!

Just to be on the safe side, the plates on the ground, is this sand-yellow?

Glorious, a truly impressive, detailed and skillful build. Love that foliage, and the river. Also I noticed you used almost no medium-green, over-used in most landscapes. Great work!

I wanted to do a more dark mountain type build, so olive green seemed to fit better. Thank you for your comment!

Truly fantastic!!!

Just to be on the safe side, the plates on the ground, is this sand-yellow?

It's dark tan and brown sir! Thank you for the feed back. To everyone else thank you again guys!

Absolutely beautiful! I love the autumnal colours- not enough MOCs in those!

I wanted to do a more dark mountain type build, so olive green seemed to fit better. Thank you for your comment!

It's dark tan and brown sir! Thank you for the feed back. To everyone else thank you again guys!

OK - its the daltonist in me :)

just btw - what color have you been using for the water in the beacon tower?

- any chance you could do a tutorial on those trees?

Edited by Endriu

OK - its the daltonist in me :)

just btw - what color have you been using for the water in the beacon tower?

- any chance you could do a tutorial on those trees?

Lime green in the water, but sand and dark green work as well. And I may be able to post one on flickr in a while.

Truly epic work here blufiji, this is easily the most beautiful and vibrant Nocturnus build I've seen. It's been such a treat to watch this come together through your WIP teasers, and the final product is nothing less than stunning. As others mentioned, the forest and its color palette is just first class stuff. I love how much life there is throughout this scene and it looks like one could get lost inside this MOC just trying to spot all the details. There is absolutely so much to appreciate here - the water, trails, housing, castles, etc. - that this will take many views to fully enjoy. A big, beautiful build like this is so refreshing considering the current challenge. Really glad you joined Nocturnus my friend!

Time to get back to staring at this beauty!

Lime green in the water, but sand and dark green work as well. And I may be able to post one on flickr in a while.

Many thanks in advance! I am still struggling with my tree builds - really love the bigger trees that you have and especially how the leaves are so well put together

This is magnificent! The houses nestled among the trees look fabulous, and the forest itself is most impressive :wub:

Superb water and rockwork too, everything about this display is excellent :thumbup:

Excellent .. Love the blending of different shades of colour gives the scene depth..

Truly epic work here blufiji, this is easily the most beautiful and vibrant Nocturnus build I've seen. It's been such a treat to watch this come together through your WIP teasers, and the final product is nothing less than stunning. As others mentioned, the forest and its color palette is just first class stuff. I love how much life there is throughout this scene and it looks like one could get lost inside this MOC just trying to spot all the details. There is absolutely so much to appreciate here - the water, trails, housing, castles, etc. - that this will take many views to fully enjoy. A big, beautiful build like this is so refreshing considering the current challenge. Really glad you joined Nocturnus my friend!

Time to get back to staring at this beauty!

Coming from you ME that is an honor. It was you and Torgar's builds that made me want to join Nocturnus in the first place, and I'm glad that I am able to really help the guild.

Again I'm glad you all have enjoyed this MOC!

Also thanks Ecc for the front page highlight..I just noticed it lol.

Edited by Blufiji

This is gorgeous. Your use of color is stunning.

Could you post some detail pictures of one of your larger trees? How many leaf elements go into them? I'm guessing 50+.

Edited by kibosh