Blufiji

Freebuild: The Reach

Warning-There are about 15 pictures and sorry about the lighting, the sun decided not to come out for a few days.

Some notes: about 80k in pieces and roughly 17 days of actual build time. I hope you guys enjoy!

The Reach..Vanguard of the Southern Rakath Range and surface capital of the Goblin Empire. It is also home to several different species, including Humans, Dwarves, Kozar, Goblin, and Orc, all living peacefully (Nocturnian peacefully that is) under the protection of the Goblin Empire. The town itself sits in a long, narrow valley, bordered by steep cliffs on one side, and the Vanishing River on another, named because it disappears and reappears in a series of sinks and springs as it makes it's way down to the ocean. The Fortress of the Reach sits at the far top of the valley, and consists of a series of courtyards and towers, design to make siege difficult. It is also connected to a vast cavern system, where reinforcements can be summoned if need be. The town itself sits within the Twilight Forest, aptly named due to its permanent assortment of warm colored trees, reminding those who travel and dwell within it of the sunsets.

17111540984_a90c9d0b6a_c.jpg

17546579080_89c3a72ca3_c.jpg

17733939905_30d6e4a2b0_c.jpg

17112722694_72f79b83df_c.jpg

17114615853_0598170574_c.jpg

17547217558_a517452b66_c.jpg

17547501970_6882e3ec27_c.jpg

17547525280_34b28edaec_c.jpg

17112612814_d3751dc10a_c.jpg

17114773073_938f585e87_c.jpg

17735066895_c3c79a5124_c.jpg

17114840393_c45e48ea57_c.jpg

17547148598_497ea1a38c_c.jpg

Edited by Blufiji

There it is! And it is as splendid as expected.

A tremendous example that Nocturnus is more than just ash, smoke and swamp. A beautiful and wild countryside. I especially like how everything is embedded in the woods without disturbing the landscape. Really amazing work.

Hail Nocturnus the beautiful!

There aren't many builds that I like as much as this one... :wub: It's stunning, truly stunning! The textures are consistent and pleasing to the eye; amazing colors (you really make me want to get some AltBricks); and the amount of details is just fantastic. A+ build! :thumbup:

*Takes look, sprays coffee everywhere*

WOW! That is one awesome build! The leaves on the trees is breathtaking. I love this build. Excellent work!

Amazing. Did not expect to see something like this when I logged in this morning!

*Takes look, sprays coffee everywhere*

WOW! That is one awesome build! The leaves on the trees is breathtaking. I love this build. Excellent work!

Sorry about your coffee sir!

Thank you guys for the feedback.

Stunning build! :wub_drool: The houses flow with the landscape wonderfully and those trees are fantastic :drool:

As I said on Flickr, you have a TON of leaves! *oh2*:oh3:

Magnificent! I can only echo the previous comments - the buildings are seamlessly integrated into the landscape and the varying terrain is wonderful. The colors, textures, shapes and details are all wonderful. One question: of the 80k pieces, about how many are vegetation - specifically the large and small tree leaf/limb elements? I'm curious because I've been amassing a sizable collection of my own and I wonder how far it will go. Again, this is splendid. It just looks so real. Excellent build!

Amazing work :wub:

I love the different colours of the trees and the landscape. Furthermore the houses look excellent, too :wub:

ufff...

This vegetation is very good. You brought in about 6 to 7 different-colored leaves. Normally i would argue: ''Too much.'' But it works perfectly here. Even the lavender leaves fit into the color scheme. Your choice to do the same tree-design for every tree of one color makes it look realistic. You really made an ''sensefull'' forest. :grin:

Wow! This is just awesome, I love all those trees! Especially the purples... :wub: The hints of olive and the roofs sticking out over the tree tops really make this stand out! Really great to see such a peaceful, natural village setting! Fantastic work! :thumbup:

I'm with Kai, the purple is fantastic here. I've no idea how or why it works, but it's a great, and bold, touch. The droid arm tree is by far the best detail in this MOC for me--consider it stolen! :devil::grin:

ufff...

This vegetation is very good. You brought in about 6 to 7 different-colored leaves. Normally i would argue: ''Too much.'' But it works perfectly here. Even the lavender leaves fit into the color scheme. Your choice to do the same tree-design for every tree of one color makes it look realistic. You really made an ''sensefull'' forest. :grin:

I was a little hesitant to use purple, but it seemed to be a nice highlight in the end. Besides this is all fantasy and imagination so why not. As far as making a realistic forest, I am a geologist and a naturalist, so I spend alot of my time in the forests of the US Rockies, and I've learned quite a bit just by observation. I think one thing that I'm pretty decent at is vegetation color, density and blending, followed by water and rock blending. My architecture however, well that's another thing lol!

Magnificent! I can only echo the previous comments - the buildings are seamlessly integrated into the landscape and the varying terrain is wonderful. The colors, textures, shapes and details are all wonderful. One question: of the 80k pieces, about how many are vegetation - specifically the large and small tree leaf/limb elements? I'm curious because I've been amassing a sizable collection of my own and I wonder how far it will go. Again, this is splendid. It just looks so real. Excellent build!

Thank you! out of the 80,000 pieces, approximately 630 or so are represented in leaves, most of them the large 5x6 kind. 60% of the pieces are rock work and support, as I used alot of 1x2, 1x1, 1/3 1x1 and 1x2 pieces to construct the mountain. Each of the larger trees took 45-55 leaves to create a full effect, the stick trees took 10-15 and the droid arm trees are about 8-12 a piece.

I'm with Kai, the purple is fantastic here. I've no idea how or why it works, but it's a great, and bold, touch. The droid arm tree is by far the best detail in this MOC for me--consider it stolen! :devil::grin:

Steal away, I stole it from someone else lol.

Thank you all for the wonderful feedback!

Edited by Blufiji

I can only echo what others have said - this is beautiful, amazing and absolutely stunning! :thumbup: :thumbup:

It is really nice to see Nocturnus fleshed out, including a civilian side! (Especially in the midst of this civil war frenzy! :tongue: )

I don't comment much outside Technic part of this forum, but this really caught my eye. I love the autumn-like scenery.

Stunning, stunning trees, and yes absolutely the purple trees add so much and look right, but then under the trees you see the forest floor and that is just SO right to. It is a majestic area that anyone of us would love to run around in. For me that is what really makes this moc stand out. It is properly atmospheric - something which is usually only attained by having lots of characters around in a dwelling of some sort. You have created an outdoor atmosphere to die for (or huddle down for a snooze under a purple tree for). Bravo.

This is really really awesome! The second pic is my favorite with the town in the foreground and the castle walls in the background. Perfect!

Such a masterpiece! I love when people make effective use of leaves/plants. You've created a unique atmosphere with the different colors.