Hey all

As a new member on Eurobricks, I’m excited to introduce my first MOC. It’s a Lego Technics Air Ambulance, and I’ve drawn inspiration from the Eurocopter EC135P2 +. This thing took me about 200 hours to complete, but that's okay for a rookie like me. I'm pretty happy with the design, but I had bigger plans for the technical part. All in all I am satisfied. I’m very grateful for comments, questions and suggestions for improvements.

Power Functions

- 2 PF remote controls for controlling the Rotor head and Cockpit controls

- 2 PF Infrared receivers

- 1 PF Servo motor Roll movement of rotor head and cyclic stick

- 1 PF Servo motor for Pitch movement of rotor head and cyclic stick

- 1 PF Large motor for spinning the main rotor and Fenestron (tail rotor)

- 1 PF Medium motor for Collective pitch control of rotor head and movement of collective stick

- 1 PF Medium motor for future Fenestron Pitch control (I haven’t figured it out yet)

- 2 PF Lights for lighting up the

Features

- Remote controlled, but obviously not flying

- Realistic control of the rotor head and the associated control sticks

- Front, side and clamshell doors that can be opened/closed

- Fully decorated interior with large and flexible cabin space

Profile1.jpg

In this picture, I've edited out support for the tail, but it is visible in some other pictures.

Top.jpg

I tried to maintain the smooth lines of a helicopter, without too many sharp edges.

Fenestron.jpg

This part was really tricky to design. Still, I'm not completely satisfied, so maybe I redesign it later. Initially I wanted to add pitch control, but for me it turned out to be impossible.

Front.jpg

The doors remain open, just like on a regular helicopter

Cockpit1.jpg

The layout of the cockpit instruments is actually pretty close to the real thing in a EC135 with glass cockpit. The cyclic stick and collective stick is remote controlled and moves accordingly with the rotor head.

Cockpit2.jpg

Far left, I tried to makes an IOS Electronic Flight Book, which is used in the Norwegian Air Ambulance.

Detail.jpg

Here you see the headlights, moveable searchlight and the wirecutter.

Rotor.jpg

The whole rotor structure is quite small in order to avoid that the cabin was filled with gears and moving parts. Unfortunately that meant I wasn’t able to build a good Collective Fork. Remote controlled, of course.

Dark1.jpg

When darkness falls, it is nice to have interior lighting.

Dark2.jpg

Here I have tried to give the impression that the instruments are backlit. It's actually pretty cool in real life.

Inside.jpg

Here you can get a glimpse of the wall-mounted medical equipment within the cabin.

Standard.jpg

As it is impossible to take good pictures of the cabin, I have made a copy of the floor plan. Here you see the medical standard layout. IMIS (Interchangeable Medical Interior System) is something I invented myself, but it actually fits the concept quite well.

Stroke.jpg

This is for the time being to be regarded as a concept, as today's air ambulances are not flying with CT. But it will probably change within a few years, and then I expect it will include a blood lab for measuring biomarkers.

Incubator.jpg

Premature babies can be transported by the incubator in air ambulances.

Boxart.jpg

If this set landed on store shelves, it could perhaps look something like this.

Bottom.jpg

Obligatory image of the bottom side.

Profile2.jpg

In conclusion, I take this opportunity to thank all of you here on Eurobricks which is a great inspiration for me who is inexperienced but eager. Also although they probably are not reading this, I want to especially thank Sariel, Madoca1977, Nico71 and Efferman. You guys are the best!

Thanks for visiting,

Wow, that's just incredible! It looks beautiful and from the looks of things functions realistically and the images are extremely professional looking. The interior lighting is really well done too, the only thing it can't do is fly :wink: You have done amazingly well and are you going to make a video for it?

hi

great job you've done there.

I have buld some years ago a UH-1 replica and i really want to view more about your rotor setup. Specialy the mixing commands betwen collective and cyclic controls.

Great design thought.

:thumbup:

Thanks so much for your nice comments. That REALLY means a lot!!

Steph77: For some weird reason I forgot to add you to my hero list. But you are by far my biggest inspiration while I built this MOC. Therefore I actually feel very honored by your comment.

Your Bell helicopter is just incredible, I've watched your video about a million times, but I never figured out how you made your mixing commands so smooth and at the same time som stable. Your rotor setup is more complex and precise, but I had to make mine much smaller. When I get som spare time, i will do some detailed shots of the rotor setup. But it won't be just now, beacuse i have a busy schedule.

Exceptionnal MOC ! Love the inside of th cockpit, very detailed.

Amazing! It looks picture-perfect! I see you used technic and usual bricks to get the nice shapes. The interrior is also amazing with all the monitors.

I think it deserves a frontpage!

Wow, that is really huge! It even makes the rotor blades seem kinda small! :laugh:

Awesome job! :thumbup: Is the EC135P2 the same machine the Norwegian Air Ambulance Service uses? I walk past the one in Bergen pretty much every day (or it flies past my house), and if it is the same model, your landing skids seem a bit off? Maybe their length or attachment points? Then again, I don't have intricate knowledge of helicopters, and you definitely seem to know a lot about the subject! :classic:

Love the cockpit interior and your "IMIS" especially! :thumbup:

Stunning MOC. I love how much attention there is to detail and the pic quality is also great

Our air ambulance looks exaclty like that. Great moc with good details and well presented. I don't think we see enough helicopters or emergency service mocs so for me this is very welcome.

H :thumbup:

Wow, that is really huge! It even makes the rotor blades seem kinda small! :laugh:

Awesome job! :thumbup: Is the EC135P2 the same machine the Norwegian Air Ambulance Service uses? I walk past the one in Bergen pretty much every day (or it flies past my house), and if it is the same model, your landing skids seem a bit off? Maybe their length or attachment points? Then again, I don't have intricate knowledge of helicopters, and you definitely seem to know a lot about the subject! :classic:

Love the cockpit interior and your "IMIS" especially! :thumbup:

You are really spot on with your comments. :wink: The blades should definitely be longer. i tried a few different approaches to this issue, but ended up with the version you see in the pictures. I even made a horribly big and bulky version with lead/lag rubber dampers and weird mechanics. It worked well, but looked plain awful. I also tried to use a longer beam between the rotorhead and the blade-part, but came out funny as well. In Bergen you will find the EC135P2+, at least until the P3 eventually arrives. The landing skids are, as you correctly point out, wrong. But on my helicopter there are lots of moving parts underneath the belly, so there wasn't anywhere else to attach the legs and still carry the weight of the MOC. The Bear Paws at the back end of the skids and the Black Box are pretty much okay regarding their position. Thanks for your questions, and happy celebrating tomorrow :classic:

wow that's amazing man.... i expecially love the shape you gave it! great model!

Great model, fantastic photography :thumbup:

I love the medical support units you built.

Welcome to Eurobricks, if this is the standard you are building to I am really looking forward to your next MOC!

The only thing that caught my eye is the tail rotor housing. Is it really supposed to be this bulky? I think it looks a little out of proportions, maybe thinning it a stud at both sides would help?

And of course I am also very interested in the rotor mechanism.

Great model, fantastic photography :thumbup:

I love the medical support units you built.

Welcome to Eurobricks, if this is the standard you are building to I am really looking forward to your next MOC!

The only thing that caught my eye is the tail rotor housing. Is it really supposed to be this bulky? I think it looks a little out of proportions, maybe thinning it a stud at both sides would help?

And of course I am also very interested in the rotor mechanism.

Thanks for your comment. I agree, the tail rotor housing is to bulky. I rebuilt it at least 10 times before at decided to use this version. Initially I planned to build it with RC pitch control, but I just could not figure out how to construct it. But I haven't given up, and then I will need the space in this design. One day it will be great :classic:

are you sure this is your first MOC

Actually this is my third MOC in total, but my first here on Eurobricks. My first MOC was more like a practice session, but the second one (Lego Technic Urban Buggy) was somewhat better.

Welcome to Eurobricks. Excellent MOC and presentation. The tail look fairly big and heavy. Seems to me like it should bend a bit but it doesn't appear to be. :classic:

Beautiful MOC and photography!

Here you see the headlights, moveable searchlight and the wirecutter.

Didn't know helicopters have such feature. Nice to know something new.