Sign in to follow this  
xwingyoda

Review: 7787 Batman - Bat Tank: The Riddler and Bane's Hideout

My dear Padawans,

I decided to return to my Lego shop just to check for any new sets and they just received the Batank (but no batcopter unfortunatly) so lets review it !!

As a general statment, I think that tank is really cool and the figs are great BUT I disliked the build. First way too many tread parts and then way too many technic parts (I know, I'm not a Technic fan). Also the boring part is the tread and you have to build that twice !! Oh well, enough rambling and lets start with the instruction booklet and puny DSS !!

img_4808.jpg

img_4817.jpg

I/ MFs and extras

Lets start with our jolly Riddler and his jetpack. The Riddler is just the same as the one from the Asylum and his jet pack is simple and cool.

img_4819.jpg

img_4823.jpg

Now onto that badass of Bane !! Talk about muscles and SM mask.

img_4824.jpg

img_4827.jpg

Now that really cool dark blue Batman !! And here are pics of the happy familly.

img_4828.jpg

img_4829.jpg

img_4830.jpg

The dirt bike is really awsome but the configuration of that set is crap !! On the right a huge gun and on the left two missiles !! G it looks like Exo Force mods here !! Nothing fantastic at all. Also, I kind of like the idea of a third wheel but with a side car and not that !! So enjoy the pics before I dismantle the whole thing !!

img_4832.jpg

img_4833.jpg

That dirt bike looks fantastic !! Feast you eyes on the baby. I really like the fact that its greaty proportioned compared to that new speed bike. Come on TLC, bring us some more dirt bikes !! Maybe that Indy set will have this dirt bike in dark bley or black ?

img_4836.jpg

img_4837.jpg

img_4838.jpg

II/ The gate

That is really the crap part of that set. I built it for the review but will dissemble it after for parts !! No way I�m keeping that crap which increased the retail price. I didn�t use any of the stickers too. Nothing really interesting there but I look at close ups of the light and gattling gun. There are some cool parts though !!

img_4841.jpg

img_4842.jpg

img_4843.jpg

img_4844.jpg

img_4845.jpg

Also here is a close up of the puny extras. At least there are 2 bills & a cool reddish brown chain !!

img_4846.jpg

III/ The Batank

Ah, now the �pi�ce de resistance�: the glorious Batank 8-� . I think that tank is really incredibly cool looking (even if boring to build). Its really sturdy and the best part is that it rolls really smoothly due to the construction of those treads (well played TLC !!). And the best part is I don�t want to mod it (for once !! yeayyy). I�ll start with overall pics of the beast *wub*

img_4848.jpg

img_4850.jpg

img_4852.jpg

img_4853.jpg

img_4854.jpg

Now here are details of the side panels. I didn�t use the 2 stickers though (except the bat one).

img_4855.jpg

img_4856.jpg

Now lets focus on the cool front part. Sure its simple, but it makes the beast look mean. Here are great uses of that 1x1 slope.

img_4857.jpg

Now lets move inside the cockpit: there is nothing too fancy about it: just a printed tile. Very simple indeed !!

img_4858.jpg

img_4859.jpg

Now to finish, lets focus on the rear part where the �catapult� is. The top reveals those two firing crappy missiles. It looks okie but not fantastic. At least it brings a touch of colour on a dominent black vehicle.

The catapult is attached only by 1 pin, which allows it to move up and down. Warning, watch out when you place it up because the firing mechanism is quite sensisitive. Don�t shoot yourself with it X-D

img_4860.jpg

img_4861.jpg

img_4863.jpg

I hope you enjoyed that review and until next time, I bid you adieu !!

Bat On !!

*yoda*

Oh I love this set so much. :'-( :'-( I especially love Bane, he is done soooo well. But I don't like the Australian price. >:-( Thanks for the great review though!

( :'-( :'-( :'-( :'-( :'-( )

Nice review, yoda! I really like the Battank *wub* . I might buy it just for all those threads (since they're very expensive on BL >:-( ). That dirtbike is really cool too, does it exist in other colors? And how does it scale up next to a normal minifig ;-) ? The figs rule, although the blue Batman looks kinda weird to me, I don't remember any Batman being blue |-/ . And like you said, the gate is really, really lame, even lamer than the Exo-force one :-P .

The figs rule, although the blue Batman looks kinda weird to me, I don't remember any Batman being blue |-/ .

Read any Batman comics?

250px-Batmanlee.png

Read any Batman comics?

250px-Batmanlee.png

I always figured that was black with grey highlights :-$ .

That dirtbike is really cool too, does it exist in other colors? And how does it scale up next to a normal minifig ;-) ?

Unfortunatly for now its the only colour |-/ Lets hope TLC releases more sets with that sweet bike, I simply *wub* it !!

Regarding the scale, its really impressive. I'll post pics later so you can see that way better ;-)

And like you said, the gate is really, really lame, even lamer than the Exo-force one :-P .

loooool, if that is possible X-D :-P

*yoda*

I always figured that was black with grey highlights :-$ .

No! X-D Batman has been blue for most of his life, and it was one of the few things that the old TV show got right. Tim Burton went for black to get away from the past and it kind of stuck. I think some comics have done grey with a black cape, cowl and gloves sometimes, and that could be why you got confused.

Ahhh at last we have a review of the Batank, i have been waiting to see a review before parting with my money.

So i see TLC continue to give us stickers instead of printed parts :-| , i can't tell you how much i hate stickers and after seeing that great Bane wanted poster i feel cheated out of a beautiful printed piece.

The Riddler's jet pack is simple yet has a certain appeal about it, i like it alot better than i expected i would.

Wow!!! That Bane is simply stunning 8-

Thank you for another great review, *yoda* !

First way too many tread parts and then way too many technic parts (I know, I'm not a Technic fan).

Mmmh, the treads would be my only reason to buy this! :-D

Do you want to sell those? ;-)

Blue Bat ON!

...and that is one of the reasons why 8288 is on it's way to me right now. *wub*

Actually I forgot to mention that the treads are in separate polybags labelled n

A very neat review, a very nice set. *y*

Cool Bane, lovely dirtbike, impressive tank, decent blue batman, the classical one indeed! *sweet*

Hmm, that printed instrument tile in the cockpit

Actually, Batman was blue for quite a while. The cape and cowl were black for his first appearance, then around the sixties it started to change and the cowl became blue with black highlights and the yellow oval appeared. Then the 70s Batman was blue with the yellow oval (not represented in the set) and this became the classic 'old style' Bat-suit. Then the whole Bat-suit became black for the films, and around 1999-2000 the cape and cowl became black in the comics and the yellow oval disappeared. Save for a few appearances by the ble Bat (Batman & Son, JLA #0) the costume is predominntly coloured black. I have to say, nice as the blue Bat-suit is, I think I prefer the black cape and cowl with the grey suit.

Anyway, onto the set. I'm definitely getting this, once I can actually find it in the shops that is. If not, I'll just order it from S@H. I'd imagine the treads would be immensely boring to assemble. There'd better be something good on TV then.

The 'hideout' will have to go, but I'm sure I can find a use for the pieces in my Batcave, which'll have to be changed again to accomodate the two new Bat-vehicles. The gun on the tank will probably go too, and the tank will function more as a heavy Batmobile. The bike will lose it's guns, as I love the dirt bike and want to be able to see it in all it's glory. And that Bane fig is *wub*

Save for a few appearances by the ble Bat (Batman & Son, JLA #0) the costume is predominntly coloured black.

Oh, so he's back in black again. :'-( Long time no comics for Sinner it seems! :-$ I'll take your word for it, but I will make a point to check next time I am out. ;-)

Excellent review and a nicer set than I expected! *y*

Blue Batman will thrill Adam West, and I'm always happy to get a variation on any good figure, so that's a win.

Bane is very impressive, no other way to put it. Riddler, not so much so, since he's a repeat, but fine.

That dirt bike is great. I bet we can expect a dark bley one out of Indy and other colours could appear in City somewhere. No way they'd make that and not use the heck out of it. Based on what they did to that one, maybe Exoforce too.

Fence/gate/wall/base/haha/wth. The less said the better. *n*

Bat Tank, battank, batank. Bat Tank. Looks pretty good, I can see putting it together and leaving it alone, and I can see it making a dupe of this set worthwhile.

Yeah, careful with that cannon, you'll shoot your eye out kid *pirate with eyepatch* ;-)

Kind of wish we had a couple of walls inside that gate, but hey, they wasted enough money on those parts, better to see more go towards the main attractions anyway.

Could have used a henchman, at least one for the Riddler. Figure after 2 sets, that's the last we'll see of him, so I guess I'll have to look up what they normally dress like and custom one up. Much as Scarecrow won't get one (I can't remember anything about him, so I don't even know if he'd have henchmen, nor do I know if Bane would).

Overall, despite a few -'s here and there, this is another win for LEGO and another greatly appreciated review! *y* *y* *y*

I really, really, really, really, love this set, its so great an a great review and great pics, i love lego and batman! But i must wait 10 days, then i can buy this set, thats so long! :'-( *wacko* >:-( .

That dirtbike is really cool too, does it exist in other colors? And how does it scale up next to a normal minifig ;-) ?

Here are pics for you to answer your size query ;-)

As you can see, both bikes use the same base chassis

img_4866.jpg

Then the proportions of the bikes are way different !! Check these pics:

img_4868.jpg

The street bike is way too big and large IMO compared to the perfect scaling of that dirtbike !! Check scaling with Bane in the center

img_4870.jpg

Last pics of Riddler and Bane Easy Rider style !!

img_4871.jpg

img_4872.jpg

Enjoy ;-)

Dirtbike On !!

*yoda*

Thanks for the pics Croc Monsieur ;-) :-P . That dirtbike looks so *wub* . It's way better than the streetbike, IMO.

img_4872.jpg

Hi again *yoda* & as always a great review *y*!

Everything has been said but I have to give the *y* for the bike - looks more real than LEGO actually!

Thanks for posting those pictures of Bane & Riddler going "Easy Rider" - Bane is even doing the hard-to-nail No-hand

hmmmmm great reveiw yoda

this makes me want to buy this, dont worry i'lll still *wub* star wars

the dirt bike rocks *y*

the bat tank is sexy X-O :'-)

the gate prison thing is useless scap

i wonder how bad bane would look if he was yellow , now think about that

FLESHIES/BAT MAN*ehemm tank* ON!!!

I was gonna pick this up from TRU yesterday, but it wasn't in stock. |-/

I've looked in places a few times expecting to find it, but to no avail. I've decided to just give up looking and order it from S@H. Unfortunately that means waiting a week, by which time my summer hols will probably have ended.

the bat tank is sexy X-O :'-)

X-D

Anyway, thanks for reviewing this set. I'm getting this one because of the blue Batman and the greatastic tank... If only they'd given the Riddler a bowler hat... *wub*

If only they'd given the Riddler a bowler hat... *wub*

Don't forget his question mark cane.

I *wub* that tank!! Beautiful! *wub* And the bike, pure art! :'-) However, I have one gripe about the bike's frame. I really wish they'd have built it with a stud, instead of that hole for the techic pin.

And now it is time for me to go with the now cliche'd phrase; That gate is crap!!

Excellent Review Master *yoda* , I will definitely purchase this set once it is released where I live. I am >:-( at those gates though. I was wondering if you, assuming you have the Anakin Skywalker red hair peice, could post a picture in which the Riddler has his much more faithful to the comics red hair please? If not, I will make rude gestures :-P !

I kid, but if you can't then thanks for an excellent review!