Like many I was dissatisfied with the LOSS. It was small, underarticulated, and looked pretty goofy and unfinished. Credit where credit's due though, it was an interesting build and an actual attempt at 2001-style geared Rahi-type enemies. However I wasn't even a fan of the whole giant-spider thing to begin with. Bionicle has had a bit of an odd history with insects and arachnids, and I got my fill of giant not-enough-legs-to-be-a-spider-spiders with the Visorak. So I tried something a tad different. (pardon the not-so-great pics, this thing barely even fits in my lightbox, and the last two were on my workbench) And yes, I count the arms towards the eight limbs. :p

LordOfBadassSpiders%20002_zpsvkym9rcb.jpg

LordOfBadassSpiders%20004_zpsht2wtbci.jpg

Gali for a sense of size:

LordOfBadassSpiders%20005_zpsjst2gejj.jpg

LordOfBadassSpiders%20006_zpsu0whocfc.jpg

This pics may look awful, but they at least show the full MOC in the light:

LordOfBadassSpiders%20007_zpss12npnwb.jpg

LordOfBadassSpiders%20008_zpsrxjopf14.jpg

My backstory for it is that the Lord of Skull Spiders wha originally a villager exiled for terrible crimes and banished to the wilderness. After roaming the land he came in proximity of Makuta's resting place and was approached by him in a dream. Makuta offered the villager the golden Skull mask, armour and power to take revenge on the village if he would serve Makuta and aid in commanding the legions of Skull Spiders to destroy the Toa and Protectors and find the mask of Creation. He accepted, and was transformed into this.

Thanks for looking. :3 Comments and crits always welcome.

Nice to see you added the bits from LOSS since your first version.

One question Split. Why no 2015 head to hold the mask?

Well the first version (with the Chima raven chest, HF feet and silver mask) was only ever a proof of concept. It was never finished until now. As for the head: because I don't have an extra one. :( I figured I'll wait until the summer wave is out and goes on sale and just grab an extra whoever for their head and trans-eye pieces. Until then, Brain attack heads with a connector on top work just as well.

Edited by One Very Agile Cat

Whoa, whoa, whoa, this is amazing! It shows just how powerful CCBS can be with imagination. Truly an impressive design, I am astounded!

Edited by TFGuy89

While it's an impressive build with a great concept, I don't think it looks creepy enough (like Nidhiki) due to the smooth, genericness of the CCBS shells and hands, the general proportions and "safeness" of the limbs; or grand enough (like Brutaka) where I think custom body armouring and small details could lead to a powerful, almost godlike look for your moc. That's just how I interpret the concept, though.

The articulation on the limbs must allow for a lot of poses, but they seem like a pain in general because you'd have to adjust so many joints and they have to support what seems like a lot of weight from the body, which along with their length would make him fall over too often. I don't have the moc though, so I wouldn't know :sceptic:

I've actually since enhanced the legs by using the LOSS's trans-orange liftarms, so they're more solid and easy to pose. (I also flipped the orange Bohrok eyes to hug up against the sivler shoudler spikes so they're not in the way of posing) He actually doesn't need to stand on all six now. Four legs cut it, but then he wouldn't be a spider if he didn't have eight limbs. Sorry you don't think it's creepy enough, but I wasn't really aiming for creepy. Enough 'creepiness' comes from the simple fact that it's a half-dude-half-spider, but my goal was to make him look like a "Lord." I don't feel like overdoing it with little details is gonna help anything, since I already have him covered in barbs (to evoke the original set) and spikes for the dangerous-look, but he's also supposed to be an intelligent, tactical being commanding a legion. He's supposed to be a counterpart to the Toa, only bigger and with spider-legs. :p

Not sure if he has gearbox, but that could make it better. I'd also suggest trying to use the piston add-ons and Chima add-ons if possible. It's an Imposing figure but lacks certain polish and feel of uniqueness which are so easy to add. Might wanna look into changing the head to orange, it breaks the color scheme but captures attention like the toa's eyes due the color difference of their element so I don't know if it's intended but it's okay either way.

Edited by GK733

I don't have any piston pieces, or an orange head. (I'm waiting for the summer wave to grab an extra whoever for one) It absolutely wasn't my first choice of head, and if I ever get, like, a second Tahu or Onua I'll definitely be added gold piston shells somewhere. (probably the lower arms,which IMO would help beef them up as well) I mean, I only had the LOSS set and a handful of Hero Factory leftovers.

Edited by One Very Agile Cat

I love this model! :classic:

This is exactly the sort of figure I was hoping for during G1. Hopefully, a forward thinking Lego designer is not too proud to make this kind of figure a reality in 2016/17. I'll be back some time (normally hanging round the SW threads) to look at this in more detail.